+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: SWGEmu Publish 9 - "Secrets of the Force, Redux" loading screen competition

Play Stats
    Inactive
    @divlas...

Ooh, very nice! I very much appreciate the feedback and the help. I love your ending "two sides, in constant struggle". That's largely the inspiration behind my imagery. Plus, by linking in the SWG emu lore with the movie lore, it gives some context to the next publish.

When I get back from work tomorrow, I'll update my text with yours and let's see where we can take this.

Located outside Keren, Naboo /way 1984 1356
    ** Resource Sale Ongoing Now! **

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Just a suggestion someone else may want to do:

What about taking the dialogue from this scene of Rebels (specifically the part about Kanan and his master around 2:25 onward) and add some flavor to it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRhgWegnCbg

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Updated my submission on p5, with a special /thank to divlas for providing some text. I'm baffled as to how the circular loading graphic is used (I'm guessing it floats in over the image), so I put the Jedi symbol there. For the exit button... I guess the same?

Looking forward to more entries from others! Let's see the creativity of the community come together!

Link for quicker reference: https://i.imgur.com/ZTOgv5v.png

Play Stats
    Inactive

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by vayman View Post
    Updated my submission on p5, with a special /thank to divlas for providing some text. I'm baffled as to how the circular loading graphic is used (I'm guessing it floats in over the image), so I put the Jedi symbol there. For the exit button... I guess the same?

Looking forward to more entries from others! Let's see the creativity of the community come together!

Link for quicker reference: https://i.imgur.com/ZTOgv5v.png
    Sweet!

One inconsequential nitpick, and you've probably already covered this. Wouldn't mind seeing space above and swamp below.

Play Stats
    74h last 30d
    I /love the text.

The introduction,
    I like the way you change it, taking liberty with the way its written in Rogue One Novelization, but now I Wonder. Can you go a little further?

"Who were they, Cassian?"
    "The Guardian of the Whills....(add the whole quotation there) ...now they are just causing trouble for everybody. ..just like you Jyn"
    and then you keep it to your text, until the conclusive question:
    Which side will you chose? (future tense or present tense is fine)
    I believe the less direct reference you put to who is speaking, the less passive information we add, the better this might become.

Additionaly:
    Jyn Erso might have been a repressed Force Sensitive for what we know (she wears a Kyber Crystal in the movie /Trust the Force)
    Last edited by divlas; 05-03-2017 at 12:40 PM.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Picklock / Divlas - thanks for the feedback. I'm taking these into consideration.

I started tinkering around with flipping the swamp and space. I completely get where you're coming from on that. I can't seem to make the composition/flow work as well. I might have to step back and revisit it if there's time.

For the text, I'm completely open to changing it more. I don't have/know the precise text from the book. My instinct tells me that we should match it precisely. I'll see if I can find the exact text.

Thanks again for the good and constructive feedback! When I get some time, I'll drink some Bespin Port and experiment more.

Play Stats
    74h last 30d
    Here is the exact quotation from Wookiepedia, sourcing it to Rogue One novelization. I have it on my Kindle. I'll search for it later.
    "Who are they?"
    "The Guardians of the Whills. Protectors of the Temple of the Kyber. But there's nothing left to protect, so now they're just causing trouble for everybody."
    ―Jyn Erso and Captain Cassian Jeron Andor[src]

Always glad to help! I'll see how and if I can contribute more!

But this is more a /wait for a eureka! moment to get these details right.

Edit: Okay, this 6pm EU time, I hope to have something to show by 9.
    For the picture, I want to give it a try with some Centerpoint and Nee2earth perspective.
    For the text, vayman went in a direction I like. The last draft remains excellent!
    Last edited by divlas; 05-03-2017 at 03:59 PM.

Play Stats
    74h last 30d
    Okay,

I've complete my concept art:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwV...ew?usp=sharing
    An opinion? I don't know how to post picture straight on the forum.
    I had also other options in mind, I'll see if I can do one with the temps by the end of week.
    (I'm not the owner of the concept arts I've used :/.)

For the text, I'm still going in the same direction than Vayman + may be some modification. We will see, though the text is what I'm the happiest with at the moment. :P
    /off for tonight

EDIT:

There you have a second https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwVyQIST0L2NZ3R1VFhlVXYxdkE/view?usp=sharing
    I
    prefer it to the the first one. I still have no idea on how to post image.
    Last edited by divlas; 05-04-2017 at 02:45 AM.

Addicted
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Just a quick reminder about which timeline SWG Pre-cu takes place in.

(hint: After Ep. 4 and before Ep. 5, so anything canon prior to Ep. 5 should be appropriate lore-wise...as long as it relates to what Vlada suggests in the OP of this thread )
    Last edited by nee2earth; 05-04-2017 at 04:54 PM. Reason: clarity

Play Stats
    74h last 30d
    Thanks for the hint! That one is a suprisingly valuable one for everyone.

Im not a fan of the Dathomir Village Story Line. I never was.
    Moreover, we now know that nothing survived the Clone Wars on Dathomir.
    /offtopic Same for Geonosis. I love making retrocontinuity, and so I enjoy seing Geonosian lab on SWG Yavin.

The reference to Rogue One/ Guardian of the Whills should not be too overwhelming, but somehow i feel it has to be in, I wish we find a way to make it properly. I love the fallen statue of the Jedi and the destruction of the Kybber crystal temple with the ship running away. Where? Why not to Dathomir. (That be my next attempt)

But when these events happens? My opinion is a long time ago but a week at the utmost before EP4 begins. When I look at rogue one concept arts, am I stretching the timeline too far away from Ep4? I now believe I may have by including a picture of Jyn Erso. (Second picture) Im overstretching Swgemu timeline by thinking that because the opening text of EP4 indirectly mention Scarrif, then I can include her. She is not in the game lol.

UPDATE:

Note that I don't stand with the text on the right hand side. I'm just wondering on how to edit the frame in order to write down... hmm: so Vayman's text!
    I stand with the one represented on Vayman loading screen. However that's the picture I was thinking of when I was thinking of certain part of that text.

Concerning my picture, if any wonder whats written in Aurebesh:

The Guardian of The Whills:
    They now call for you
    Can you find us?

I can make some little change to that though.
    Cooperation and sharing ideas work very well with you guys ! The quicker we are done with this contest, the quicker we'll enjoy patch 9! :P
    Last edited by divlas; 05-05-2017 at 04:35 AM.

Play Stats
    74h last 30d
    Alright,
    I'm using PixelMator, I want to mention that I'm not extremely confortable with text edition on the screenshots. I'm fine with the rest.

My two best candidates.

A)

B)

Story:
    Loading screen A) explains how the force came to fall off balance, why it allows you to sense it, and if you want to, why you can help to restore the balance.
    i) the fall of the Jedi (the statue on the floor)
    ii) the destruction of the Guardian of the Whills (sometimes called the Kyber Temple)
    iii) the path to Dathomir leading to some hypothetical survivor of Jedha, hiding in Aurilia. (that could be a little like the Geonosian who did survive the destruction of their homeworld and can be find in SWG Yavin)
    iv) holocron representation (both jedi and sith)
    v) the old man (okay, I didn't like the guy, but let's say he has now become mysteriously mysterious enough to have been a friend of Saw Gerrera :P)

Loading screen B) is exploring what Nee2earth showed up earlier.
    How the Jedi where destroyed and the Path force users can walk together to restore balance.
    I believe the first concept art, at the bottom, could represent the ruin of the first Jedi Temple on Tython
    There is another concept art showing a secret gathering within the Temple of Exar Kun. (following order 66, most Jedi falls to dark side)
    The ruins of a swg Dantooinian Jedi Temple
    and then a pathway to a new beginning. (showing both Vader and a Padawan: together)
    The Old Man appears in transparency on right side of the loading screen.

Overall I still prefer the first one. But I'm still working on both. :P
    What do you think?
    Last edited by divlas; 05-05-2017 at 05:47 AM.
    Enmor Solusar \ Hatchi Rejan on Finalizer Former toons on bas: Enmor/ Hatchi Atlante/ Wenmor/ Endore/ Shaamus/ Metroid.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    @Divlas - These both look great! As a composition, the first one is stronger. I like the colors (red, amber, green themed) and the imagery supports your lore. On the second, I really like the concept of the old man faded over the text. It might compete too much with the left imagery.

The first is more about the fall of the Jedi, while the second speaks more about their return. So with the upcoming publish, the second supports the content more so. Maybe fade the old man more? Try to make him look even more mysterious by being less corporeal still.

Either are quite good and I look forward to seeing where you go with these ideas!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Guys i spent the last 2.5 hours making my loading screen. Ut how do i upload it here?

I cant get this to work

I never want to post a picture into a forum ever again after that fiasco. It almost cost me my marriage and a cell phone. I hate you html, may you fall in a trash compactor and have your only line to salvation Set to mute by a bumbling droid.
    Last edited by Lolindir; 05-06-2017 at 08:34 AM. Reason: Triple post

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Frightmare View Post
    I never want to post a picture into a forum ever again after that fiasco. It almost cost me my marriage and a cell phone. I hate you html, may you fall in a trash compactor and have your only line to salvation Set to mute by a bumbling droid.
    Step 1: Upload to imgur.com ... don't even need an account.

Step 2: Copy the URL to the image.

Step 3: Post a comment on the forums with "[ img ] YourImgURLHere [/ img ]" but without the spaces in the brackets.

Step 4: ??????????????

Step 5: Profit

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Ha i know now. My first attempt was googling howto insert an imagei to html. Them i sawni needed to upload it somewhere so i tried my google drive whatever but it forced me into a page every time that just says "you are here" and no way to add pics, then i tried some other pic hosting site but i needed a yahoo email account and finally ended on imgur. I was ready to throw my phone out my window. The photo finally shows up but its diminished quality but can still be readso at this point i quit. Thanks for the heads up though, muchly appreciated

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information