+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: SWGEmu Publish 9 - "Secrets of the Force, Redux" loading screen competition

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
    There is also lore part missing in some/most.
    Was mine ok? Lore-wise. :P will re-do my entire thing if i have time.

Developer
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Looks like the dds ratio is 256x256, but it seems they also do some sort of craziness with pink and an overlay. No idea, images arent my thing.

EDIT: Looks like it can go bigger to 512x512, though. This is the biggest one I see:

Last edited by Miztah; 04-21-2017 at 03:51 AM.
    Miztah
    Developer

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    miztah@swgemu.com | How to report bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker)

Addicted
    Play Stats
    3h last 30d
    Quote Originally Posted by Miztah View Post
    Looks like the dds ratio is 256x256, but it seems they also do some sort of craziness with pink and an overlay. No idea, images arent my thing.

EDIT: Looks like it can go bigger to 512x512, though. This is the biggest one I see:

Aren't those the game scene switch screens rather than start scene? I assumed the contest was for the latter.

EDIT: This is what the game scene load screen texture looks like currently for vanilla SWGEmu:

So yeah, you're gonna need to have the borders around the main background, unless you want to completely revamp the loadscreen ui (which I don't think is in the contest's scope...)
    Last edited by Valkyra; 04-21-2017 at 04:14 AM.

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyra View Post
    Aren't those the game scene switch screens rather than start scene? I assumed the contest was for the latter.

EDIT: This is what the game scene load screen texture looks like currently for vanilla SWGEmu:

So yeah, you're gonna need to have the borders around the main background, unless you want to completely revamp the loadscreen ui (which I don't think is in the contest's scope...)
    I am now confused... I did my design intended for the main loading screen when you first login to SWG, not the planetary/city/softlog loading screens. I can redesign and resize my dds for either style, I just need to know which one.

Quote Originally Posted by Miztah View Post

The pink craziness is the transparency used for a clear or see-through map ingame. Could even be a layer mask or an alpha. Notice how the image blends into the texture and makes it look more bevelled?
    Last edited by Lolindir; 04-21-2017 at 08:58 AM. Reason: Double post

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Last edited by Thrax989; 04-27-2017 at 05:38 AM.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    So, once this comes out, and it's all said and done. Then what? What is the next step after publish 9? There can't be much left to do... Right?
    How close are we to an official live server?

Play Stats
    Inactive
    We are far from done. We are in alpha testing. When everything for the ground game has been implemented, we will move over to beta testing. Thats when we will start to see coding towards space and all the work with tweaking what we currently have, since we still arent at 14.1 on many things.
    Lolindir
    SWGEmu Admin

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    How to report bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker) | Live Support
    Install SWGEmu | Fix SWGEmu | Submit a ticket

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I see. Would that be far from done until we reach beta, or far from done until jump to light speed and the tweaking is implemented? The game feels very complete right now. The work by all the developers is appreciated by many, myself included.
    However, If we are far from done until we reach the beta stages of the project, then I must say that is disappointing. Especially with over a decade of development. (Pushing 15 years?)

Addicted
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkra View Post
    then I must say that is disappointing. Especially with over a decade of development. (Pushing 15 years?)
    Our current Team has only been together for about 4 or 5 years.

But regardless, volunteer-project is volunteer-project... rl freetime is rl freetime ... soon is soon ...and _________ other cliche's.

Your best bet, imo, is to just stay in the *moment* and pay very close attention to these...

https://www.swgemu.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=179

...every Sunday.

Play Stats
    389h last 30d
    Quote Originally Posted by Althor View Post

Secrets of the force
    Update: Lore

The Force held many secrets during the time immediately following the destruction of Princess Leia Organa's home world, Alderaan.
    In addition to the vacuum created from the loss of an entire planet, the rebel assault on the Death Star only extended the damage.
    An attempt to fill the void began as The Force reacted by gathering around living beings throughout the galaxy.
    Many experienced events not thought possible before.
    However, these were ignored by most as the empire began to interrogate those who showed even the slightest sign of interest.
    Some, albeit only rumored, claimed to have learned how to harness the energy that caused these events and even referred to themselves as Force Sensitive.
    This was never confirmed to be true and reports ceased almost as quickly as they arose.

It is said that those most sympathetic were responsible for the recent attack on the Death Star.
    The only evidence supporting that claim is that Lord Vader has launched an investigation on Yavin IV where many had fled to.
    Yet it seems nothing has turned up on the planet that staged the assault as the investigation is still ongoing.

-I'll be adjusting the photo to proper dimensions and setting soon.
    this is as close as i've gotten so far.

Last edited by Althor; 04-23-2017 at 02:48 AM.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkra View Post
    The work by all the developers is appreciated by many, myself included.
    However, If we are far from done until we reach the beta stages of the project, then I must say that is disappointing. Especially with over a decade of development. (Pushing 15 years?)
    Thankful much? Most of the code was scrapped back in 2010 when the O.R took place. The project has come a long way since then and we're getting closer every week.

Play Stats
    Inactive

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by nee2earth View Post
    Our current Team has only been together for about 4 or 5 years.

But regardless, volunteer-project is volunteer-project... rl freetime is rl freetime ... soon is soon ...and _________ other cliche's.

Your best bet, imo, is to just stay in the *moment* and pay very close attention to these...

https://www.swgemu.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=179

...every Sunday.
    Yeah I do, keep up the good work guys.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    is after publish 9 a serverwipe?

Retired SWGEmu Staff Mistress Aerea's Avatar
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by ramis666 View Post
    is after publish 9 a serverwipe?
    Not on Basilisk.