+ Reply to Thread

Thread: REMINDER: RL Monetary Trades in-game are a bannable offense

Hybrid View

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by darth8875 View Post
    So what exactly is the problem with folks buying in game credits or items? I have never bought anything like that, and frankly have no shortage of more important stuff to pay for, but I do not see what the issue is for others......

Hell.........that is quite possibly the only way for folks who have real lives to get some of the high end loot that is constantly camped and bogarted by folks on this server.
    Its probably just part of the nonprofit campaign that lets this server run, if somebody is making money in their pocket a legal issue could arise.

Most MMO's don't allow it cause its competition for their game in a way, if their is cash being thrown around they want to be making it but seeing as how swgemu doesn't own or licensed to the rights to a starwars game and is only emulating one matters of money have to be handled carefully.

Just my guess.

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    That does make some sense.

I was just hoping it wasn't some misguided "fairness" reasoning. I read the part that noted "and everything in game is free and available to anyone willing to put in time and some effort to obtain it by just playing." and I almost spit out my Frosted Flakes. Obviously Vlada has never been to the Geo Caves on Basilisk.....

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by darth8875 View Post
    That does make some sense.

I was just hoping it wasn't some misguided "fairness" reasoning. I read the part that noted "and everything in game is free and available to anyone willing to put in time and some effort to obtain it by just playing." and I almost spit out my Frosted Flakes. Obviously Vlada has never been to the Geo Caves on Basilisk.....
    Of course i haven't, i stopped going there when the infamous entrance fee was introduced, so like most folks that cant afford it i stay away from those places where i have to pay money to get in.

Play Stats
    Inactive

What about Credits?

Maybe I didnt understand but is it only related to real life money stuff? Cuz from what I understood( I suck at text comprehension so I know I may be wrong ) but if you trade in-game credits(not real life money) for weps then is there a problem or not?
    Sorry if it sound dumb

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkMaster View Post
    Maybe I didnt understand but is it only related to real life money stuff? Cuz from what I understood( I suck at text comprehension so I know I may be wrong ) but if you trade in-game credits(not real life money) for weps then is there a problem or not?
    Sorry if it sound dumb
    If weps refer to in game weapons then of course there is no problem at all. That is how game economy is supposed to work.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information