+ Reply to Thread

Thread: REMINDER: RL Monetary Trades in-game are a bannable offense

Hybrid View

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
    First of all, LOLOLOLOL at taxpayers paying my bills.
    I was not referring to you dude. I wrote "And while technically I guess one COULD put in enough effort to compete for such mobs (provided no job, no wife, no kids, all SWG all the time, the rest of the taxpayers paying your bills) responsible adults do not have that much time to invest." The reference to one assumes a random person, not you personally. Perhaps I should have stated "MOST responsible adults"......

You said that "everything in game is free and available to anyone willing to put in time and some effort to obtain it by just playing". That is untrue. Hell, a new guy doesn't stand a chance of experiencing end game content on Basilisk due to the selfish folks who constantly camp those areas, unless you win a random loot lottery and get some uber gear. Even then, the places where you may stand a chance of getting that gear are camped by the folks who already have it!

. I'm not passing judgement per se......I'm just saying that your statement, while rosy and cheerful and all, is not the reality of this server. Maybe one day it will be. Today is not that day man.

Quote Originally Posted by SaibotLiu View Post
    How exactly is that different than any other MMO? Time spent roughly=accumulated wealth/ability/perks in game. However I think most MMO players are against P2W or other entitlements given for RL dollars wether that is sanctioned by the developer or not. Whilst you say you've never spent money on that kind of thing you also see nothing wrong with it. How is using your RL prestige or wealth to obtain in game advantages better than taking advantage of your lack of those responsibities in RL to obtain them? Trust me, there's people out there with more disposable income -and- free time than you. So essentially you've just made your initial problem worse with P2W, what now?
    I am not judging the morality one way or the other. I am just saying that the statement "and everything in game is free and available to anyone willing to put in time and some effort to obtain it by just playing" is not the truth. It is a unicorns and rainbows alternative reality truth.
    Last edited by Vlada; 03-10-2017 at 06:59 AM.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by darth8875 View Post
    You said that "everything in game is free and available to anyone willing to put in time and some effort to obtain it by just playing". That is untrue. Hell, a new guy doesn't stand a chance of experiencing end game content on Basilisk due to the selfish folks who constantly camp those areas, unless you win a random loot lottery and get some uber gear. Even then, the places where you may stand a chance of getting that gear are camped by the folks who already have it!
    I'm not sure what Star Wars game you played, but that is how its supposed to work. You cant just create a toon and expect to go hunting for high end mobs. You grind your way up. Even those you say are camping high end mobs started that way. It all just takes time and effort. If either is lacking, which you admit is lacking in your case, then forget about anything high end in this game. My statement stands, its your view that everything should be available to everyone no matter how much time or effort they put in playing that is just wrong.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information