Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: Liberator down for maintenance

Play Stats
    Inactive
    For me it means, I suppose, that I am going to have to master scout for the third day in a row. I'm so tired of camping, lol. Oh well.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    They should at least hire someone in the states who can restart the server too so when it goes down during night in Europe we can still play

Play Stats
    Inactive
    so where seriously getting ANOTHER rollback? i just mastered Marksmen and scout and trying to become a master Bh and i just started this new toon todday...this is going to be crappy if so....

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by mckinney405 View Post
    so where seriously getting ANOTHER rollback? i just mastered Marksmen and scout and trying to become a master Bh and i just started this new toon todday...this is going to be crappy if so....
    Don't think so, did you skip some pages? Check this out =)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yhor View Post

Play Stats
    Inactive
    No i read that just im in the summer between classes and have nothing better to do but play SWG so basically this ultra closet nerd wants SWG back

Play Stats
    Inactive
    what is this about automatic server registration? what do i have to do to get this my account back?

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by mckinney405 View Post
    what is this about automatic server registration? what do i have to do to get this my account back?
    If your still asking something regarded to the deadlock, nothing. I'm 99.9999999999999999999% sure the server will be back tomorrow and you and your closet nerd can play

Play Stats
    Inactive
    If the server is under deadlock right now, you'll need to wait ~4-5 hours from the time of this post before being concerned about server status. This is all normal, and usually doesn't involve a rollback of more than 15-20 minutes prior to the deadlock.

It's the weekend, people have lives (yes, even developers and web administrators) and they'll get the server restarted when it's possible. There is no one on the team that gets paid for a "job" concerning this project, everyone is volunteers and that should be respected... no matter how impatient you might be to play a game that costs you nothing to play.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    haha well said. hahaha love it love it.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    If the server is under deadlock right now, you'll need to wait ~4-5 hours from the time of this post before being concerned about server status. This is all normal, and usually doesn't involve a rollback of more than 15-20 minutes prior to the deadlock.

It's the weekend, people have lives (yes, even developers and web administrators) and they'll get the server restarted when it's possible. There is no one on the team that gets paid for a "job" concerning this project, everyone is volunteers and that should be respected... no matter how impatient you might be to play a game that costs you nothing to play.
    Great post!

Play Stats
    Inactive

I for one am happy to be able to play the game that I enjoyed so many years ago and can't thank the people enough who volunteer their time in order for people to play this game.
    It's great to be back after 8 years away and able to play this game once again. Of all the new games/MMOs that have come out in the past 8 years, none have grabbed my attention the way SWG did pre CU.
    Definitely a good thing to remind people of the volunteers who have made this game live once again.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    back up now, btw
    Afto Erimosi - Finalizer casual noob

Play Stats
    Inactive

u are not right. If something is free, that doesnt mean it can be crap, just because it costs u nothing. If someone makes anything, even if thats free or expensive, makes it good, if cant, than doesnt make it.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by aftershave82 View Post
    u are not right. If something is free, that doesnt mean it can be crap, just because it costs u nothing. If someone makes anything, even if thats free or expensive, makes it good, if cant, than doesnt make it.
    I fail to see where I said, or even implied, that anything free should be substandard. You are barking up the wrong tree here, I promise you that.

If you feel that things are substandard, you might want to email to concerns@swgemu.com and let them know what issues you think need to be brought up to par. If you can't do that, then please make an intelligent point when addressing people in an update announcement thread, whether it be positive, or negative.

In addition to the post you quoted me in, I think it's important for people to realize that there are only select individuals capable of resetting the server for a reason. When the server deadlocks or crashes, error logs of the incident need to be collected in order to fix the issue(s) in the future. For security reasons, only a select few Staff have this access and ability to get these error logs before the server can be restarted. Please keep this in mind for the future and quality of the services provided by the project.

Thread Information