Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Liberator down for maintenance

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I lost half of pikeman back to novice now! and a sweet speedsliced LVA i bought for cheap
    Liberator - Afro'

Pre-CU - Rauce <Antares Brute Squad> Intrepid

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Meh, lucky me that yesterday i was mostly RPing.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Oriss View Post
    /agree'd

I feel your pain(s) over losing stuff but we must remember that the nice folks here are giveing us Lib to play in the sand with. Its clearly stated in multiple locations what Lib is and whats going to happen to it down the road. All in all, I'm very thankful for what time I have with it and am looking forward to the final release. It'll be hard to see it go, but it'll be well worth it in the end.
    Well yes we know the server will be wiped eventually, but we will know when and get ready for it. Logging in after a grindhappy previous day and seeing over a million experience disappear. Oy.

I'm not blaming anyone for this and love SWGemu for doing what they do, but it still sucks.

I'm still wondering why the old coded server is the only one working...

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothmoovs View Post
    Well yes we know the server will be wiped eventually, but we will know when and get ready for it. Logging in after a grindhappy previous day and seeing over a million experience disappear. Oy.

I'm not blaming anyone for this and love SWGemu for doing what they do, but it still sucks.

Because the guys working on the OR and new engine do this in there FREE time, give em a break, you could download the core3 availible for free and run one yourself if your that desperate

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothmoovs View Post
    Because the new code is undergoing some architectural changes that makes it fairly pointless to be tested by the masses at this point. Once those changes are complete, then it will likely be opened up for testing again -- however, it still won't be the "play" server because the dev team is still in the process of getting the feature set back to where liberator is. Once the feature set is on par with what is offered by liberator, then the switch will likely be made, but it still won't be 1.0.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I do hope that "lost a drive" is code for "lost an array" or "lost a controller". The servers are running RAID 5 or RAID 6 arrays and the loss of a single drive won't normally result in rollbacks, right?

Sorry to hear about the lost drive though, going to take this as motivation to donate to a cause that I'm totally behind. Been following for a long time, but finally jumped in to play and I'm having serious flashbacks. Now if only I could get the band back together, as it were. Keep on rockin this guys.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Amhran View Post
    I do hope that "lost a drive" is code for "lost an array" or "lost a controller". The servers are running RAID 5 or RAID 6 arrays and the loss of a single drive won't normally result in rollbacks, right?
    Nope, pretty sure that lost drive means that the SSD that had all the data went bad and they had to restore from a backup. I'm sure that once 1.0 is released, or even as that milestone gets close, more will go into server stability, backups, disaster recovery, etc., but for now it's hard to justify that cost when the stuff on liberator is all a dead end anyway.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I lost two boxes of carbineer, but it isn't a big deal. I remember losing stuff back in the pre-cu days when server maintenance went on so it definitely comes with the pre-cu experience .

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I can't change my email. I feel robbed!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by HarvardAce View Post
    Nope, pretty sure that lost drive means that the SSD that had all the data went bad and they had to restore from a backup. I'm sure that once 1.0 is released, or even as that milestone gets close, more will go into server stability, backups, disaster recovery, etc., but for now it's hard to justify that cost when the stuff on liberator is all a dead end anyway.
    So RAID 5 is pretty cool. When a hard drive dies, you can just pull the dead drive out, and swap in a new one. The downtime is minimal (some can even be swapped hot) and the risk of data loss is also minimal - though a bad controlled can still wipe out a whole array's worth of data. You're right in that it's an increased cost, but it's just hardware, and can be used as the base for the new software.

Still, was fantastic motivation to step up and donate. I believe in the cause.

Play Stats
    Inactive

reply for NickDrakePink72

hey, maybe logging out while in a group caused these losses
    Last edited by Crazy Padawan; 07-10-2011 at 01:19 AM. Reason: NickDrakePink72
    AKA-Tsador Emandoel

Play Stats
    Inactive
    This happens and I appreciate all the hard work their doing for donations. lets help them out by donating as much $$$ so they can build the best SWGEmu server we have ever seen.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Durrick40 View Post
    This happens and I appreciate all the hard work their doing for donations. lets help them out by donating as much $$$ so they can build the best SWGEmu server we have ever seen.
    When to know you've spent too much time on facebook. I went looking for the "Like" button. Or +1 in the new parlance.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Amhran View Post
    When to know you've spent too much time on facebook. I went looking for the "Like" button. Or +1 in the new parlance.
    After reading that I wanted to click "like" somewhere.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Is the Server Down I have not been able to get on Lib for 3 hours now?

Thread Information