Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Liberator down for maintenance

Hybrid View

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I lost half of pikeman back to novice now! and a sweet speedsliced LVA i bought for cheap
    Liberator - Afro'

Pre-CU - Rauce <Antares Brute Squad> Intrepid

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Meh, lucky me that yesterday i was mostly RPing.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I do hope that "lost a drive" is code for "lost an array" or "lost a controller". The servers are running RAID 5 or RAID 6 arrays and the loss of a single drive won't normally result in rollbacks, right?

Sorry to hear about the lost drive though, going to take this as motivation to donate to a cause that I'm totally behind. Been following for a long time, but finally jumped in to play and I'm having serious flashbacks. Now if only I could get the band back together, as it were. Keep on rockin this guys.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Amhran View Post
    I do hope that "lost a drive" is code for "lost an array" or "lost a controller". The servers are running RAID 5 or RAID 6 arrays and the loss of a single drive won't normally result in rollbacks, right?
    Nope, pretty sure that lost drive means that the SSD that had all the data went bad and they had to restore from a backup. I'm sure that once 1.0 is released, or even as that milestone gets close, more will go into server stability, backups, disaster recovery, etc., but for now it's hard to justify that cost when the stuff on liberator is all a dead end anyway.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I lost two boxes of carbineer, but it isn't a big deal. I remember losing stuff back in the pre-cu days when server maintenance went on so it definitely comes with the pre-cu experience .

Play Stats
    Inactive

reply for NickDrakePink72

hey, maybe logging out while in a group caused these losses
    Last edited by Crazy Padawan; 07-10-2011 at 01:19 AM. Reason: NickDrakePink72
    AKA-Tsador Emandoel

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by HarvardAce View Post
    Nope, pretty sure that lost drive means that the SSD that had all the data went bad and they had to restore from a backup. I'm sure that once 1.0 is released, or even as that milestone gets close, more will go into server stability, backups, disaster recovery, etc., but for now it's hard to justify that cost when the stuff on liberator is all a dead end anyway.
    So RAID 5 is pretty cool. When a hard drive dies, you can just pull the dead drive out, and swap in a new one. The downtime is minimal (some can even be swapped hot) and the risk of data loss is also minimal - though a bad controlled can still wipe out a whole array's worth of data. You're right in that it's an increased cost, but it's just hardware, and can be used as the base for the new software.

Still, was fantastic motivation to step up and donate. I believe in the cause.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    This happens and I appreciate all the hard work their doing for donations. lets help them out by donating as much $$$ so they can build the best SWGEmu server we have ever seen.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Durrick40 View Post
    This happens and I appreciate all the hard work their doing for donations. lets help them out by donating as much $$$ so they can build the best SWGEmu server we have ever seen.
    When to know you've spent too much time on facebook. I went looking for the "Like" button. Or +1 in the new parlance.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I can't change my email. I feel robbed!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    wait im confused....so is this the second roll back we are going to have in 2 days?? Or is this just talking bout the first rollback about a day ago and its just that the server is deadlocked now? I realllllyyyyy hope its not another rollback ill be so pissed :/

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Just let me get this sorted here cool78, you are upset over maybe a few hours of work lost to the depths. Then would you quite the Emu if it was a total information loss and everyone started over?

Just on a side note I feel a large quantity of lag is resulting from people multi-accounting and multi-boxing their games. The dual logging of characters though have been a massive help with me going back to my old ways of being a resource monger and Chef/AS/WS again. Yes I craft that much.
    Last edited by Faliov; 07-10-2011 at 03:02 AM.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Faliov View Post
    Just let me get this sorted here cool78, you are upset over maybe a few hours of work lost to the depths. Then would you quite the Emu if it was a total information loss and everyone started over?

Just on a side note I feel a large quantity of lag is resulting from people multi-accounting and multi-boxing their games. The dual logging of characters though have been a massive help with me going back to my old ways of being a resource monger and Chef/AS/WS again. Yes I craft that much.
    This is why i would be mad: Everyone starts out with nothing when its wiped as you referred to. I hate rollbacks so much because whenever its the one week/day you strive for something and then u get rollbacked

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I doubt the info boxes are actually working period as that information has never updated for me once SkyGlider. I don't think someone finished the code for that, completed it properly, or even started it. It could be just a small error on my end but several of my fellow guild members report this same issue. It is up to you to make of it what you want though, I can't see your screen.

Bosch I doubt things are that simple, but you never know I suppose.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    [QUOTE=Faliov;148351]I doubt the info boxes are actually working period as that information has never updated for me once SkyGlider. I don't think someone finished the code for that, completed it properly, or even started it. It could be just a small error on my end but several of my fellow guild members report this same issue. It is up to you to make of it what you want though, I can't see your screen.

The gadget has always been pretty accurate for me personally. I've seen it go off and online during times that I assume they are testing things, and its been reliable for me for the most part. Anyway, I'm glad they are working on making the game reliable and enjoyable for us.

Thread Information