Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Liberator down for maintenance

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I ended up in better shape now than I was in yesterday! lol Somedays you win!

Retired SWGEmu Moderator cru jodo's Avatar
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    floating out in the ether is the invest 1&2 i ground through the lag last nite

Play Stats
    Inactive
    oh noes. All this weeks grinding has gone out the window, Ive lost all the TK/Scout/Medic boxes grinded this week. Not sure I can bothered doing it all again. Think I will wait till 1.0 now QQ

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by ziggystardust View Post
    oh noes. All this weeks grinding has gone out the window, Ive lost all the TK/Scout/Medic boxes grinded this week. Not sure I can bothered doing it all again. Think I will wait till 1.0 now QQ
    I think im with you on that note.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    wtb poll for wipe

12PT WS/AS/Doc/Chef/CM Crafting Mall

BLACKLIST: xEternalx (Darkprophet/Shadowprophet)

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by NoowahD View Post
    I think im with you on that note.
    I hope that is sarcasm sergeant.

Retired SWGEmu Staff
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Oh holy crap! I lost stuff! Lots of stuff!!!! ~20K in mats and a level just for starters!!
    Guess I'll just have to go and PLAY MY GAME SOME MORE! Wow sounds horrible. Good grief you have to be kidding me? This is all in the BOLD print isn't it?
    Anyway I'll be playing whatever server is up until 1.0 hits and our toons are all wiped anyway.

Thanks for keeping us up to date on everything and I hope the new hardware works out.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quick question; A group of my friends and I started to again play the EMU yesterday [We all already had characters made from awhile back] and we made some progress, but obviously it was lost due to the crash. My question to the community is that if we start playing again today and onward, once they fix the hardware problem and replace the drive, will they revert my buddies and I back to the progress we've made yesterday, thus losing what we would earn from this point up until they fix the problem?

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by psyckos View Post
    Its rough losing loot, xp, creds, etc in situations like these, but remember, liberator is dead code and will be completely wiped at some point. Its all going to disappear and need redone. Don't sweat the few hours. Have fun with the game.
    Best post in the thread.
    Cavi / Bounty Hunter
    Sarkov / Master Tailor, Clothier, Haberdasher / Near Coronet at The 15th Mall & Galactic Emporium / 726, -5550

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by zawaz View Post
    Quick question; A group of my friends and I started to again play the EMU yesterday [We all already had characters made from awhile back] and we made some progress, but obviously it was lost due to the crash. My question to the community is that if we start playing again today and onward, once they fix the hardware problem and replace the drive, will they revert my buddies and I back to the progress we've made yesterday, thus losing what we would earn from this point up until they fix the problem?
    If some progress was reverted, it's likely that the code couldn't be repaired. That means that, no, you won't get what happened before the revert back and lose what happened after.
    Kezzar
    Retired SWGEmu Staff

kezzar@swgemu.com | SWGEmu.com
    SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    SWGEmu FAQ | Install SWGEmu | Report Bugs

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin08 View Post
    Is this something that can't be run in RAID?

Seems like redundancy would help.
    SSDs have their biggest advantage over hard drives when doing random reads, and their least advantage when doing sequential writes. An SSD would handily beat a hard drive RAID array at the former, but probably not keep up with the latter.

Dedicated
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    I lost 15 house deeds 2 millions credits a holo and a faint message. J.K. but really, all of the stuff we lost is a foreshadow of 1.0, only we don't get to live in the land of Oz after this downtime =(... yet.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I lost 1.2 million unarmed experience.

hahahahahahahahahaha, i have to laugh about it or Ill go crazy.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by psyckos View Post
    Its rough losing loot, xp, creds, etc in situations like these, but remember, liberator is dead code and will be completely wiped at some point. Its all going to disappear and need redone. Don't sweat the few hours. Have fun with the game.
    /agree'd

I feel your pain(s) over losing stuff but we must remember that the nice folks here are giveing us Lib to play in the sand with. Its clearly stated in multiple locations what Lib is and whats going to happen to it down the road. All in all, I'm very thankful for what time I have with it and am looking forward to the final release. It'll be hard to see it go, but it'll be well worth it in the end.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    i truely lost a holo and a real nice Ca..but on the flip side i get to try and reslice some hammers that went fail, maybe ill get lucky?

Thread Information