Thread: Veteran rewards coming back to Basilisk, but with a twist

Play Stats
    Inactive

Thank you SWGEmu Staff !!!

My Mods | My SWGEmu Website
    Drop Off | 1km of Dantooine Mining Outpost 0 1600

Play Stats
    Inactive
    ...then you do fun stuff like this and make me feel bad for being so critical at times. (I do it because I care)

I just like this for decoration purposes. Looking forward to it.

RIP Sunrunner - <SRA><OIC><FAF><WOF><NITES><ZERG><NJO><EZ-Co><LT>
    Admin @ http://swgsunrunner2.com

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Awesome for 9/17! I don't even like to hear the "poof" word but in the meantime it will be nice to see them back. Right now I have 824 days on the books ready for use

Play Stats
    Inactive
    think mine bugged out not letting me get all onces i wanted almost got 6 years

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Massamo View Post
    think mine bugged out not letting me get all onces i wanted almost got 6 years
    Maybe this is whats is happening?

Quote Originally Posted by Ivojedi View Post
    For your first milestone you are only offered from the 90 day list. Once you claim on of those, you'll then be offered from the 90 day and 180 day lists for your next claim, etc. You won't see an adk on your first claim regardless of how many days you have logged. You must claim a few things before they'll be on the list.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Since you aren't deleting previously claimed vet rewards, those vets that didn't get to claim their first set should be able to claim a second on a second toon. What am I saying balance would be fair....

Retired Lead Developer
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by futuramaman View Post
    Since you aren't deleting previously claimed vet rewards, those vets that didn't get to claim their first set should be able to claim a second on a second toon. What am I saying balance would be fair....
    Figuring out who claimed what is the problem that we are avoiding by deleting them... thats the whole reason its being done.

theanswer@swgemu.com | www.swgemu.com
    SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    SWGEmu FAQ | Install SWGEmu | Report Bugs

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAnswer View Post
    Figuring out who claimed what is the problem that we are avoiding by deleting them... thats the whole reason its being done.
    Ahh I thought "We will be wiping the records of all previously claimed Veteran rewards" simply meant giving out vet rewards regardless of previously claimed ones. Also in the post it says "PLEASE NOTE: No previously claimed Vet rewards will be deleted, just the records of them being claimed will be removed from the database." Which to me says the old crew that duped the ADK's can claim a second one.
    Last edited by futuramaman; 09-18-2016 at 03:28 PM.

Retired Lead Developer
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Ahh I thought "We will be wiping the records of all previously claimed Veteran rewards" simply meant giving out vet rewards regardless of previously claimed ones. The original post doesn't actually say "deleting previously claimed vet rewards". Thanks TheAnswer+elseAll
    No, you are confused.

The list of who claimed what was messed up by some code updates, figuring out who claimed what is the issue we are avoiding by reseting that info completely, otherwise it would take an enormous amount of work to recover the data, for which we dont have time/people.

The items previously claimed were not deleted.

Making it "fair" by giving people who claimed a vet reward another one involves knowing that they claimed it already, and that is the problem here.

Even deleting the items already in circulation would involve getting that data unless we do a blanket delete of any item types that vet rewards give. A lot of people bought those items and it wouldnt be fair to them either...

There's no "fair" way to deal with this unless the data is recovered, but we dont have volunteers with enough time for that.
    Last edited by TheAnswer; 09-18-2016 at 03:35 PM.

theanswer@swgemu.com | www.swgemu.com
    SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    SWGEmu FAQ | Install SWGEmu | Report Bugs

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAnswer View Post
    No, you are confused.

The list of who claimed what was messed up by some code updates, figuring out who claimed what is the issue we are avoiding by reseting that info completely, otherwise it would take an enormous amount of work to recover the data, for which we dont have time/people.

The items previously claimed were not deleted.

Making it "fair" by giving people who claimed a vet reward another one involves knowing that they claimed it already, and that is the problem here.

Even deleting the items already in circulation would involve getting that data unless we do a blanket delete of any item types that vet rewards give. A lot of people bought those items and it wouldnt be fair to them either...

There's no "fair" way to deal with this unless the data is recovered, but we dont have volunteers with enough time for that.
    That's more or less what I said some people get to claim vet rewards a second time... wake me after the next server wipe.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    That's more or less what I said some people get to claim vet rewards a second time... wake me after the next server wipe.
    Goodnight.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Happy Vet Rewards Day!
    I got lots of fun decorations and since I am opposed to ADKs I sold mine for 25m and went on a shopping spree.
    What did I buy?
    Lots of SEAs, I speed capped a swordsman and a rifleman. I put together a +25 survey suit. I bought some factory crates of food and swoops. I bought a few paintings. I bought about 100 rancor teeth and about 300 krayt tissues. I made some great swords and some T21s that sliced over 600. I made a valiant and expensive attempt at an LLC over 1200 max but I got two speed slices. Oh well. I paid up some long term maintenance and still have a couple mil in the bank.
    A very happy Vet Rewards Day

Play Stats
    Inactive
    i've enjoyed some pleasant rides in my new flashy flash speeder
    Cryva
    BTF
    Ahazi 2004

Play Stats
    1074h last 30d
    Come on all,
    it's Basilisk, it's still under development. Who cares for double reward? The most important thing is the devs keep dooing their best to give us 1.0 server. That's the n.1 goal
    Opith

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Hi Folks,

Just returned from the 5 year or so hiatus, I have been poking around the forums and saw this. I am about to take the dive in and reinstall the game and reimmerse myself.
    So, if I understand this correctly the Vet Rewards are available from the years I played in the past? Or are they gone as of today...

Closed Thread

Thread Information