Thread: Publish 8: A Galaxy Divided

Hybrid View

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokewood View Post
    What?

It actually makes groups more desirable.

Get your 10 people and do 20 missions together... imagine that.
    You need to coordinate a large group.
    You need to complete all 20 missions to receive the equivalent payout of your own 2 missions while solo grouping.
    Your group loses overall payout if even one person is slightly out of range.
    Harvesting corpses becomes tedious if there's multiple scouts nearby.
    If you're fighting humanoids, you have to share loot.
    Newer players get practically no combat XP in this scenario.

I started playing on Basilisk less than a week ago and I'm grinding through my first profession in the few hours between work and sleep. I'm a poor unguilded hermit that only knows his two friends that joined at the same time. On live I'd always go to Dant Mining Outpost for grinding but when I looked there it was a ghost town. Since you need buffs for any non-trivial combat, I've essentially been tethered to Mos Eisley. Solo grouping was getting me much better (though still very easy) missions and the grind was correspondingly much better.

Quote Originally Posted by hybridtheory View Post
    Just get yourself a atst and make your own solo group.
    That would require a ton of grinding considering I'm completely faction neutral, and I don't really like PvP. If I had to choose I'm honestly leaning more towards Rebel.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Exakun View Post
    You need to coordinate a large group.
    You need to complete all 20 missions to receive the equivalent payout of your own 2 missions while solo grouping.
    Your group loses overall payout if even one person is slightly out of range.
    Harvesting corpses becomes tedious if there's multiple scouts nearby.
    If you're fighting humanoids, you have to share loot.
    Newer players get practically no combat XP in this scenario.

I started playing on Basilisk less than a week ago and I'm grinding through my first profession in the few hours between work and sleep. I'm a poor unguilded hermit that only knows his two friends that joined at the same time. On live I'd always go to Dant Mining Outpost for grinding but when I looked there it was a ghost town. Since you need buffs for any non-trivial combat, I've essentially been tethered to Mos Eisley. Solo grouping was getting me much better (though still very easy) missions and the grind was correspondingly much better.

That would require a ton of grinding considering I'm completely faction neutral, and I don't really like PvP. If I had to choose I'm honestly leaning more towards Rebel.
    Your tears are so tasty.

Why on earth would you use mission terminals to grind out your professional XP?
    It is much quicker to just run around and kill everything you see, changing planets once you out-level the current one.

Sharing loot? OMG!!! Say it isn't so!!!!! lol, it's an mmo for pete's sake.

DR and entertainer buffs are available everywhere you turn. Try the auction chat channel.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Your tears are so tasty.
    omg so #triggered
    If you read any inflection in text it's all in your head; I was just listing out the cons. The changes are unsavory but I can always go ungrouped or look for workarounds.

Why on earth would you use mission terminals to grind out your professional XP?
    It is much quicker to just run around and kill everything you see, changing planets once you out-level the current one.
    Because I get waypoints to the exact type of creatures I want to kill, and random lairs don't drop money. Equipment doesn't grow on trees.

Sharing loot? OMG!!! Say it isn't so!!!!! lol, it's an mmo for pete's sake.
    Sure, but why would you want to gamble on getting a drop you want against 9 people you don't know on missions you could easily solo? If you're out with friends it's a completely different story.

DR and entertainer buffs are available everywhere you turn. Try the auction chat channel.
    I'll keep that in mind. I think I went out there the first day I started playing and I hadn't really touched general or auction chats. I was expecting fewer players to be there than live, but I was shocked that there was not a single other person in /who range.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Exakun View Post
    I'll keep that in mind. I think I went out there the first day I started playing and I hadn't really touched general or auction chats. I was expecting fewer players to be there than live, but I was shocked that there was not a single other person in /who range.
    If you're on Dantooine, you should be working out of Fanfar. Doc and entertainer buffs around the clock for the last three years.
    Co-leader Emeritus and official guild cheerleader of <FLO>

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Jade_Enigma View Post
    If you're on Dantooine, you should be working out of Fanfar. Doc and entertainer buffs around the clock for the last three years.
    I'll be sure to check that out, thank you!

Thread Information