Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15

Thread: Publish 8: A Galaxy Divided

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolindir View Post
    That is not in our mission statement. We are going to emulate as close to 14.1 as possible. Changes past that, will have to come after SWGEmu are done.
    Oh well. I guess that's reasonable

Play Stats
    16h last 30d
    That is not in our mission statement. We are going to emulate as close to 14.1 as possible. Changes past that, will have to come after SWGEmu are done.
    This is why I believe in SWGEMU. Tired of all these server's and there knockoff brand of SWG. I want my game back not someone's view of how it should have been.

Slick's Shop: 950 -4950 just 950m outside Coronet, Corellia!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I just want tapes and armor attachments fixed, just so other profs can compete better.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I like it, nice work guys. Quick question though, i came back from taking a break and i was wondering can mobs hit you through locked doors? I remember going to Death Watch Bunker and getting destroyed by one of the members inside. I couldnt hit them because they were behind a door. This has also happened in several other areas. I was just wondering if this has been fixed in this Pub or any of the previous.

Addicted
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by LeFox View Post
    I like it, nice work guys. Quick question though, i came back from taking a break and i was wondering can mobs hit you through locked doors? I remember going to Death Watch Bunker and getting destroyed by one of the members inside. I couldnt hit them because they were behind a door. This has also happened in several other areas. I was just wondering if this has been fixed in this Pub or any of the previous.
    It should be fixed with upcoming 'Publish 9' .

But i would suggest you login our TCNova server and give it a try there, if/when you have the time.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I read on a very old post that cries of alderaan chapter 1 you can no longer obtain the items to complete this quest line? Since Chapter 2 was added are we able to obtain the chapter 1 items now? Or are we still forced to pay for it over the ah? I wasnt playing during that time but Id really like to try this story line out.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    A few of us were discussing some Pub 8 code in relation to Combat Bleeding Defense.
    If a developer happens to have free time any help would be great. =)

Back in Pub 6 the following was said:
    Combat
    • Bleeds from weapon dots will now consider the target's bleed resist skill
    • Bleeds from special attacks will now consider the target's combat bleeding defense skill
    • Poison and disease from weapon dots and combat medics will now consider the target's poison/disease resist skill
    • Fires from weapon dots will now consider the target's fire resist skill
    We were reviewing the Pub 8 code and were confused by the following:

It looks like an integer is set for "resist" which checks the Combat Bleeding Defense skill mod.
    It has an If Statement for a potency check(chance to stick a dot) and it throws the resist integer in there.
    It looks almost as if the Combat Bleeding Defense skill mod reduces the chance for all four DOT types to stick.
    Would it be possible to get any clarification on this? It's been like 9 years since I last looked at any C++ code.
    I'm sure we're just reading it wrong, but... just to be safe.

Addicted
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by drake groth View Post
    If a developer happens to have free time any help would be great.

Would it be possible to get any clarification on this?

... just to be safe.
    Since that mod rarely (if at all? ) goes any higher than like +38 , the chances of it ever truly affecting 'other weapon dots' during PvP would've been slim and barely noticeable.

Nevertheless, I'm not exactly sure why/when it was coded that way , and after some extensive testing on both TCNova & my IDE , as well as discussing it within IRC #opendev channel, i have just pushed a fix (available on TCNova for Pub9 testing now) .

Be sure to follow our 'Weekly Update' posts each Sunday.

And thanks for posting your inquiry properly & patiently here on the Forums.
    Last edited by nee2earth; 06-09-2017 at 06:33 PM. Reason: hyperlink for the NEW updated code

Play Stats
    Inactive
    That's great news, i'll keep an eye out for the weekly update posts.

Thread Information