Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Publish 8: A Galaxy Divided

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Some good updates here guys... but out of everything im just happy im not going to keep losing my horns!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Adding public starship crafting station seems a bit pointless to me.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Aseafoo View Post
    Adding public starship crafting station seems a bit pointless to me.
    For some, emulating a dead game is also pointless
    Lolindir
    SWGEmu Admin

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    How to report bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker) | Live Support
    Install SWGEmu | Fix SWGEmu | Submit a ticket

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Ok, since no one asked in 3 pages of posts...

Why is the ADK not mentioned? I assumed it would be in pub 8 since there where no issues with it afaik on Nova...

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Necroscope86 View Post
    Some good updates here guys... but out of everything im just happy im not going to keep losing my horns!
    yes you have ive been wearing all pub 7.... muhahaahahahaahaha

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Exakun View Post
    You need to coordinate a large group.
    You need to complete all 20 missions to receive the equivalent payout of your own 2 missions while solo grouping.
    Your group loses overall payout if even one person is slightly out of range.
    Harvesting corpses becomes tedious if there's multiple scouts nearby.
    If you're fighting humanoids, you have to share loot.
    Newer players get practically no combat XP in this scenario.

I started playing on Basilisk less than a week ago and I'm grinding through my first profession in the few hours between work and sleep. I'm a poor unguilded hermit that only knows his two friends that joined at the same time. On live I'd always go to Dant Mining Outpost for grinding but when I looked there it was a ghost town. Since you need buffs for any non-trivial combat, I've essentially been tethered to Mos Eisley. Solo grouping was getting me much better (though still very easy) missions and the grind was correspondingly much better.

That would require a ton of grinding considering I'm completely faction neutral, and I don't really like PvP. If I had to choose I'm honestly leaning more towards Rebel.
    Your tears are so tasty.

Why on earth would you use mission terminals to grind out your professional XP?
    It is much quicker to just run around and kill everything you see, changing planets once you out-level the current one.

Sharing loot? OMG!!! Say it isn't so!!!!! lol, it's an mmo for pete's sake.

DR and entertainer buffs are available everywhere you turn. Try the auction chat channel.

Play Stats
    125h last 30d
    I forget what mission payouts were like on live after 14.1. i was a Ranger at the time, so I only did resource contracts. However, if what I am reading is true then the disparity between established players and new players is going to become insurmountable. New players will never be able to make enough money to compete with older established players on Basilisk.

Yes Basilisk is a test server, and the developers do not care about what happens on it. However, if you are looking to attract new people to the project than this will definitely turn then off from this project.

IGN Shyloe, and Cydonia. Drop-off vendor located @ /way 6188, 6206. NIKA Marketplace.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokewood View Post
    Your tears are so tasty.
    omg so #triggered
    If you read any inflection in text it's all in your head; I was just listing out the cons. The changes are unsavory but I can always go ungrouped or look for workarounds.

Why on earth would you use mission terminals to grind out your professional XP?
    It is much quicker to just run around and kill everything you see, changing planets once you out-level the current one.
    Because I get waypoints to the exact type of creatures I want to kill, and random lairs don't drop money. Equipment doesn't grow on trees.

Sharing loot? OMG!!! Say it isn't so!!!!! lol, it's an mmo for pete's sake.
    Sure, but why would you want to gamble on getting a drop you want against 9 people you don't know on missions you could easily solo? If you're out with friends it's a completely different story.

DR and entertainer buffs are available everywhere you turn. Try the auction chat channel.
    I'll keep that in mind. I think I went out there the first day I started playing and I hadn't really touched general or auction chats. I was expecting fewer players to be there than live, but I was shocked that there was not a single other person in /who range.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Exakun View Post
    I'll keep that in mind. I think I went out there the first day I started playing and I hadn't really touched general or auction chats. I was expecting fewer players to be there than live, but I was shocked that there was not a single other person in /who range.
    If you're on Dantooine, you should be working out of Fanfar. Doc and entertainer buffs around the clock for the last three years.
    Co-leader Emeritus and official guild cheerleader of <FLO>

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Wow you guys have been busy! A lot of things I'm certainly looking forward to. The group system seems odd, but from what I've read, and mind you it's still early and only on my first cup of coffee, it seems that this publish is urging people away from solo groups and suggesting smaller groups. Which would be great for new players who are still getting their bearings. Get 5-6 newbies together and go at it. Plus hunting missions HAVE HAD THEIR PAYOUTS SIGNIFICANTLY INCREASED. So I'm guessing you could even go ungrouped, get swamp rat missions, and make enough money early on to get the gear you need to advance.

Pre-pub 8 the only time to group up and actually do things together (crazy concept for an mmo) was to do DWB or Geo caves or some other high end content.

Dark Side adepts won't instantly stand up after PCD! Thank the maker. Too many other notable changes to comment on while still in a pre-sunrise daze but all in all, great job on all the hard work.

Oh and yay! I won't keep losing my horns!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Jade_Enigma View Post
    If you're on Dantooine, you should be working out of Fanfar. Doc and entertainer buffs around the clock for the last three years.
    I'll be sure to check that out, thank you!

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Vet Rewards and ADKs back?

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Awesome !
    Just incredible !
    Deep bow to all of the swg emu team
    NGE - never forget - never forgive!
    from Bria: Snake & Wellwood

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Thanks for the update lot of good stuff to explore, surprised by

Nightsister Armguards are removed as loot (they found definitive proof of this??? .. how can you prove a negative?)
    ... and yet Ewok Crossbows (500x rarer than armguards in Live .. like these things dropped on Lowca during a single weekend type rare) are still going to be so unrare they are just 200k bazaar fodder???

Loving it though ...
    Drop Vendor: Coronet (443, -2952)
    IGN = Odrii / Gint

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    This publish contains a lot of welcome changes, especially the pet/droid commands for guard/befriend and tanking. I can see the 0% battery medical droid change affecting some AFK buffbots/medbots, but it's the way it should be. Personally, I'm all for removing all functions from a droid if the battery level reaches 0%, otherwise what is the purpose of a droid battery? Currently you can craft all day long on a droid with crafting station modules and a dead battery. I'm not sure if entertainer effect droids function at 0% battery, I'll have to test that out.

Thread Information