+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Basilisk Publish 8 merge - June 4th 2016

Play Stats
    3h last 30d
    edit: whiner post about wantin' to play more prior to the work week kickin' off
    Last edited by smerconish; 06-06-2016 at 03:08 AM.

Addicted
    Play Stats
    3h last 30d
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokewood View Post
    Not really,

An instance of swg takes less than 250K of ram and almost zero processor.
    I'm inclined to agree with this post (concerning SWG and system specs), normally more power is better, but it also depends on your OS and it's requirements. Windows XP, which is what the game was mainly designed for back in the day, had far less processes/services running, than say today's 7/8/10.

Also keep in mind that a lot of people bump up the FPS cap (which defaults to 30 FPS) which wasn't done back then, but overall SWG is a spec-friendly game, however things such as the volumetric shadow shaders have memory leak bugs/non-optimization in our client that lead to more 'power' seemingly being more useful.

Regardless though, might as well use the tech if you own it.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by gtome View Post
    Yep, down again. No worries guys, keep at it. Totally understandable after the list of adds to this Pub.

Things to note while I was on;

1) Mission terms not paying out the right amount, even in solo group (should have been 4K, but got 1600).
    2) Several times during combat, would stay in combat even after lair was destroyed and even after getting on bike to pick up new missions back in town (about a 2K hike to stay in combat-tried peace both command and key several times).
    3) Long time to open vendors on Dant. and see inventory. Seem to be worse just before sever went down (could be connect).
    4) Droids lost all mods, but do think this is a current issue (lost crafting mods).
    5) Was grouped for and tried to drop from group. Took almost 6mins for release from group after command was issued (tried both command and key mapping).
    6) Consumed Brandy, but was unsure if it took. First try did nothing to stats, but second try did... Could have fat fingered, but thought I should note it in case others have similar issues.

Hope you guys find this useful. When it comes back up I will post any other weirdness for ya.

I'm sure this not the right place for bugs, but wanted to see if others were having issues to before chasing that route.
    Regarding #4, have you tried recharging your droid? I couldn't buff myself using my med droid when I logged in, but recharging the droid fixed it. Dunno if that might affect the crafting ones as well.

COK'S Dropoff: 281 -2378 Corellia

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyra View Post
    I'm inclined to agree with this post (concerning SWG and system specs), normally more power is better, but it also depends on your OS and it's requirements. Windows XP, which is what the game was mainly designed for back in the day, had far less processes/services running, than say today's 7/8/10.

Also keep in mind that a lot of people bump up the FPS cap (which defaults to 30 FPS) which wasn't done back then, but overall SWG is a spec-friendly game, however things such as the volumetric shadow shaders have memory leak bugs/non-optimization in our client that lead to more 'power' seemingly being more useful.

Yes, Windows XP was definitely optimized for it's hardware acceleration. I was also under the impression that there was optimizing "leaks" per-say in the engine that caused various performance issues. Also I tend to think this is partially why better hardware, GPU, CPU, and so forth will provide less slow-downs. That's the main performance issue I've experienced with the client. While the performance maybe relatively even through the board a sudden slow down will occur. Thus faster hardware reduces the un-optimized failure of the software. My experience with various computer builds (many) has been the faster computer (usually with high-end specs) always provided the better performance in realtime.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    any ideas when server should be back up?

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I wish someone gave an update on the publish, what are the problems? what will be the way taken to solve those problems? etc. This way we would'nt be speculating this much.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by YMNn View Post
    I wish someone gave an update on the publish, what are the problems? what will be the way taken to solve those problems? etc. This way we would'nt be speculating this much.
    Problem is it's a new publish and there are problems.
    You get that Basilisk is a test server and we are testing?
    Spacely's Sprockets
    Dropoff: 5498, 6164 500m S of Kaadara, Naboo

Play Stats
    Inactive
    There are different problems that end up deadlocking the server. This is expected with a merge if this magnitude. It isn’t the same issue each time, but they are all getting fixed, so that it often is a new issue that makes the server go down. As you can see in the OP I worte, expect it to be unstable for some time.
    Lolindir
    SWGEmu Admin

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    How to report bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker) | Live Support
    Install SWGEmu | Fix SWGEmu | Submit a ticket

Play Stats
    Inactive

Bake some cookies...

Play Stats
    Inactive
    That Jabba-Cat might need 2 cookies...
    Tarquinas was my home, just started playing here March-2016, tons of stuff to learn
    -Macellarius/Nomz

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowsider View Post
    That Jabba-Cat might need 2 cookies...
    He already ate them all, that's why he has that guilty look.

Veteran
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyra View Post

Shadows enabled will bring pretty much any 2016 system to its knees with high unit counts.

Disable and have an easy lyfe
    [img]https://i.imgur.com/jNsOu1T.png[/img]

Play Stats
    Inactive
    The pvp rating system (and /showpvprating) are now functional.

NICE!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quick question on event perks: The event coordinator will discuss "hired actors"which can be clothed and taught a line to speak but i see no option to actually hire a hired actor. Is this something not yet implemented...or am i missing something?

Lead Core Developer
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Barrenger View Post
    Quick question on event perks: The event coordinator will discuss "hired actors"which can be clothed and taught a line to speak but i see no option to actually hire a hired actor. Is this something not yet implemented...or am i missing something?
    They are not implemented yet. You'll see it in the publish notes when they are.
    Ivojedi
    Lead Core Developer

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    ivojedi@swgemu.com | How to report bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker)

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information