Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: TC: Nova (Core3) downtime and STM server

Play Stats
    Inactive
    same question...
    may we play now on core3? or it will be down?

Play Stats
    Inactive
    There is no play, only testing.
    [Unity]

Play Stats
    Inactive
    it will be wiped out after testing?

SWGEmu Retired Forum Moderator Ellyssia's Avatar
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Yes. None of the servers are safe from wipes, until development is done, and we release the server code. They're only wiped as development requires though, it's not something we do just because.
    Ellyssia
    Forum Moderator

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    How to report bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker) | Live Support
    Install SWGEmu | Fix SWGEmu | Submit a ticket

Play Stats
    Inactive
    So STM Server is not up and running?

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Wasn't absolutely sure about the proper channels to go through; But I didn't see such a post anywhere else, which confuses me, and makes me wonder if I'm the only one having this problem.

I can get a connection to STM up with a degree of poking, prodding, and pressing the button, and go through character creation; But at name generation, number one, if I try to randomly generate a name, it sits on the generation popup, and does nothing. That's not really the problem, though, because I don't generate random names. So the issue that I've seen is that it sits on "Creating your Character" (Or whatever the exact dialogue is) infinitely.

So, in conclusion, I was wondering whether or not STM is publicly open? And I do apologize if the above has been presented before, and I just haven't seen it.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    When you say "if I try to randomly generate a name, it sits on the generation popup, and does nothing. That's not really the problem, though, because I don't generate random names. So the issue that I've seen is that it sits on "Creating your Character" (Or whatever the exact dialogue is) infinitely." If you "mash" the enter button on any of the servers when there down, you WILL eventually get to the character creation screen's. Even if there offline. This may or may not be a bug. Of course the STM server could be up and just not open to the public. But I can get to the creation screen on the other servers if there offline, so its not just on the STM server.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    And it's that that was confusing me, see. But I wasn't aware that it wasn't just STM, as I had only tried spamming the button on the previously mentioned.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I don't know if it's just me but I can never get on the STM server. just sits there at "Connecting to Galaxy", then when I cancel and try again I get "You cant make any more characters on that galaxy". While Nova was up I was able to connect and create there, but never on the STM server.

/shrug

Play Stats
    Inactive
    TC: Nova is the one that is back online now. If you want to know what to test:

Thread Information