Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Gorath Tuskenvasion - January 23, 2016

Play Stats
    Inactive

Gorath Tuskenvasion - January 23, 2016

In the past months hostile tusken activity all over Tatooine has been on the rise. However, majority of conflicts seem to take place in the areas surrounding the bustling city of Gorath. Gorath government has been turning its attention to the series of frequent attacks by tusken groups on both hunting parties, and merchants entering and exiting the city.

Investigation performed by Gorath scouts as well as a group of well trusted mercenaries revealed that a large-scale tusken attack will be carried out against Gorath later this week. Current numbers of tusken force are unknown, but investigation suggests that this invasion will be of unprecedented scale.

Gorath mayor and militia are calling for YOUR help. If this invasion is not stopped, not only great harm will come to Gorath citizens but tusken threat will be a great danger to the entire planet.

EVENT HOST: City of Gorath and Shozor
    WHERE: Gorath, Tatooine (waypoint -2798 -4604)
    WHEN: January 23, 2016 at 12:00pm CST
    check local time here

Staff Buffs and Heals will be provided
    Please note, this is a player hosted event therefore no badges will be awarded. As always, event mobs will not drop any loot.
    Weedie
    Retired SWGEmu Staff

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source project.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Sounds like fun - count me in
    IGN:- Leosa, Learna, Nofea, Malcc, Zannik
    Armor, Artisan and Smuggler items, Powerups, Loot /way 5982 3660 (600m from Polyandrium Shuttle, Tatooine)

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Sounds interesting. Will try to make it out to see the invasion.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Every able bodied warrior, please come to the aid of Gorath. Healers and entertainers are also welcomed. If we don't stop these desert demons now where else will they try to conquer. Please do help protect this beautiful city and hopefully we will be able to discourage any further plans of conquest. Then we can celebrate victory in grand style.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Looking forward to the event tomorrow and all who show up. Sadly, we can't offer any rewards to those who come, but maybe it'll be fun for those who do come. That's the main goal. I have it on good authority something wicked will this way comes aside from the Tusken raiders. I'm the first to volunteer doing a star fish impression, so judges, please be kind. See all participants tomorrow!
    Owner of Plan B Weapons Gorath Tattooine. I don't have a solution, but I certainly admire the problem!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Thanks to the organisers and to the Devs for the fun event - also thanks to everyone who came along to help defend Gorath - much fun was had.

Last edited by leeta; 01-25-2016 at 05:44 PM.
    Armor, Artisan and Smuggler items, Powerups, Loot /way 5982 3660 (600m from Polyandrium Shuttle, Tatooine)

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Thank you everyone who came and defended Gorath. I hope you had fun doing so. A *greatbigwookieehug* to Shozor for coming up with the idea. I believe he had as much fun planning the event as he did participating, the giggles and guffaws as he described the event to me may have given me a hint. A great big thank you to FLO for helping with the event and having a FLOash afterwards. I discovered that pets can once again dance with you. Also, our great appreciation and thanks to Weedie and Niffer for providing the decorations, Tuskens and Oh my!! the krayts, so many krayts. They did an outstanding job and I am looking forward to future events in Gorath with them at the helm.
    Last edited by sharrlyn; 01-24-2016 at 10:07 AM.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Great screens, thank you Leeta!

Thank you to everyone that came out today! Huge props go out to BEERsho and Sharrlyn for coming up with this event. BEERsho was great to work with and was incredibly helpful in making the whole thing work. Looked like everyone had fun.

I can't wait to see you all soon at our future events! Remember, if you have an idea for an event please submit a request for staff consideration!
    Weedie
    Retired SWGEmu Staff

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Many many thanks to the amazing EC staff, the devs (for all their hard work that made this possible) and the community for coming and participating! I was blown away by how many people came and hope you all had a great time! Weedie and Sniffer, you 2 did an AMAZING job decorating the city and giving it that vibe that made it feel like it was really happening!
    I can't thank everyone enough! Hopefully we can do this again at a later date!
    Owner of Plan B Weapons Gorath Tattooine. I don't have a solution, but I certainly admire the problem!

Play Stats
    168h last 30d
    Thanks for the raid and the dozen or so resuscitations I received, felt hella underpowered for it LOL

Play Stats
    Inactive
    You guys may want to make a point of noting that event mobs don't give any XP, either.
    European RPer. Tried to move on to greener pastures, wound up amidst an empire in flames instead. Oops.

Retired SWGEmu Staff
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    It was a fun event, I think the Tuskens will think twice before they even try to invade a city again.
    MaelDiablo
    Retired SWGEmu Staff

www.swgemu.com
    SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    [QUOTE=leeta;1290809]Thanks to the organisers and to the Devs for the fun event - also thanks to everyone who came along to help defend Gorath - much fun was had.[QUOTE]

Unfortunately all those pictures only link to the main picture site. And opening the image in new tabs keeps the picture at its size. Could you host them on a different site, imgur perhaps, so we could get a better look at them please.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Hi, I have edited my pics above so they link to full size pics on imgur for anyone wanting to see bigger pics.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by DaloLorn View Post
    You guys may want to make a point of noting that event mobs don't give any XP, either.
    I guess we did not have anticipation that players would come to events like this to grind, but we will make sure to clarify that next time.
    Weedie
    Retired SWGEmu Staff

Thread Information