Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: TC:NOVA PVP EVENT Base War - March 12, 2016

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Being able to cap faction and pull frogs in the same building that you clone to is not realistic. The fact that imperials have the ability to endlessly send out ATSTs, even if only one at a time per person, is not a legitimate mechanic. The fact that we had to coordinate efforts to kill ATSTs and avoid the imperial base for the first half because of the constant ATST spam surrounding it, is not something that is working as intended. A couple of Jedi padys running around throwing some heals out is.

Also, I wasn't too happy with the clone camping or trippling toward the end either. I was willing to stand there and fight whoever came out but only until incap, unfortunately I'm not able to help if someone else walks up and tripples.
    Last edited by Lolindir; 03-14-2016 at 11:12 AM. Reason: Double post

Play Stats
    41h last 30d
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivojedi View Post
    Well, that was disappointing.

I wouldn't say the turnout was abysmal, but it was low. No one seemed to want to actually test what we wanted tested. All they wanted to do was clone camp. No wonder the Event Coordinators never want to do PvP events.
    Yes, we know Emu devs have a burning hatred for pvp, and we're sorry.
    Fortunately, we have a dedicated testing staff to actually perform such tests within a controlled environment under much more precise circumstances, right?

It'll be okay, honeybuns.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by buellronin View Post
    Did anyone run my tank build recommended templat?
    Yeah I did your recommended swords build (Master Swords/4030 doc/0040 pistols). Worked out great, thanks!
    Shadowfire: Malign Pernicious <E-ISF>/<shogn>
    TC: Ofavee Okev

SOE Company Slogan: "If it's broke, don't fix it. If it ain't broke, break it."

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by CmdrPwn View Post
    Yeah I did your recommended swords build (Master Swords/4030 doc/0040 pistols). Worked out great, thanks!
    Haha I did the exact same build but Rifles instead of swords.

Addicted
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Sorry I couldn't stay the whole event, I had to leave right after 3 PM EST so I was only there on my jedi for about 1 hour, not too sure who the other 3 jedi were, since apparently there were 4 jedi on the rebel side according to these posts.

Forgot to capture any battle footage, but it seems the event was a success so far? I didn't really notice any major bugs on my end for reporting, though.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I was the silly guy in Orange shorts with the Master Smugg/MasterTK/MasterPistol and a decent Geo. I dont pvp at all so I really had no clue what I was doing rofl (You can tell from my craptastic PvP "template" I used =)). I think I faired fairly well considering and I know I gave a few rebs a run for their money, then got owned repeatedly lol. Had a blast and hope the 38% stun armor helped someone

Had 1 AT-ST in the beginning and didnt use frog cures, figured that would be more realistic. I dont have much experience in how pvp SHOULD work so hard to test things. That being said, the turrets were shooting me and the states and effects I am used to seemed to be working as I know them to. Jedi were not invincible but they were tough. Tried using Feign Death a few times to see how/if it worked but in the chaos I dont think I ever got it off lol.
    My main goal was to be a body playing a non standard pvp template to give the people who know what they are doing a chance to see how things worked.
    Last edited by iriejah; 03-12-2016 at 10:33 PM.

DROPS - REBEX Receiving (2657 -5086)
    Across From Shop Weis Mini Mart

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I would have had a better time could I have found even a little bit of Brandy. Someone said Niffer had it for the Imp side but she was either AFK or ignoring the request.
    Also, fantastic amount of lag anytime I got near a glowbat (force lag power? :P).

Still, I had a lot of fun. Thanks for the event.
    Spacely's Sprockets
    Dropoff: 5498, 6164 500m S of Kaadara, Naboo

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Was the point of this to test base busting or PvP? if it was base busting I suggest in the future to set all players as one faction...and the base the opposite faction.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I don't usually have time to play that time of day, but found a few minutes to stop by and watch. I'm not familiar with PVP but it looked like there was plenty of action.

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivojedi View Post
    Well, that was disappointing.

I wouldn't say the turnout was abysmal, but it was low. No one seemed to want to actually test what we wanted tested. All they wanted to do was clone camp. No wonder the Event Coordinators never want to do PvP events.
    Sl retreat didnt seem to work, and then blue frog got bugged out on me after i changed my temp to blow the rebel base so i could not buff or cure wounds or anything so after that it was pretty much GG.
    64% PSG and 450dmg jawas make it quite a slow fight until the jedi on the rebel side (only rebel jedi for some reason) swing by to do some dmg and make you retreat to some very power turrets (and at-st's for that matter)
    ALSO with the cloner/buffs right there and no cooldown waiting for you to buff or go back SF, after you kill a wave there isnt much time to hit the base (which in usual basefights is when the base timer would be activated)

Also attendance has to be expected to be low, its less than 1/2 of what it was back when we could get 15 v 15's even though the other PvP events back then could bring by 50+ on both sides too.

as far as the event went I will say I had fun, but after the blue frog bugged on me i didnt stick around too long, I just left the SL running the macros (no retreat for some reason) for the rest of the squad

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by hybridtheory View Post
    150 atsts weren't out at once, that's the point. atst's can only come and go with as many people use them (which not everyone did only some). The Jedi however can heal people around them 24/7 and themselves when they get low, this includes the mind bar. That's the real game changer.
    24/7? I take it you don't understand how force works.

Enhanced weapon vendor at 3250 -5618 900m from Mos Eisley (drop off) . Geo hammers, rancor 1h&2h. Krayt enhanced ranged weapons

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by talanchurch View Post
    Sl retreat didnt seem to work, and then blue frog got bugged out on me after i changed my temp to blow the rebel base so i could not buff or cure wounds or anything so after that it was pretty much GG
    Cloners actually had wall terminals that allowed you to buff/heal. I should have been more clear about that capability prior to the event so I apologize for that.

Thank you everyone that came out today. I was definitely expecting a bigger turn out today so it's a shame we could not give Nova a bigger stress. If you ran into any bugs/anything that did not work properly please please please submit a Mantis report. Obviously, there were some unexpected side effects of having blue frogs, like ATST spam and such, but that's not going to be a case on Basilisk.
    Weedie
    Retired SWGEmu Staff

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source project.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    This is literally the the wost thread ever. Everyone from Staff to PVPER to RPER is whining here.
    IGN WampaOne
    Dropoff Vendor Corornet /way -1453 -3452

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by WampaOne View Post
    This is literally the the wost thread ever. Everyone from Staff to PVPER to RPER is whining here.
    And here you are...to whine about it?
    Spacely's Sprockets
    Dropoff: 5498, 6164 500m S of Kaadara, Naboo

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by talanchurch View Post
    Sl retreat didnt seem to work, and then blue frog got bugged out on me after i changed my temp to blow the rebel base so i could not buff or cure wounds or anything so after that it was pretty much GG.
    64% PSG and 450dmg jawas make it quite a slow fight until the jedi on the rebel side (only rebel jedi for some reason) swing by to do some dmg and make you retreat to some very power turrets (and at-st's for that matter)
    ALSO with the cloner/buffs right there and no cooldown waiting for you to buff or go back SF, after you kill a wave there isnt much time to hit the base (which in usual basefights is when the base timer would be activated)

Also attendance has to be expected to be low, its less than 1/2 of what it was back when we could get 15 v 15's even though the other PvP events back then could bring by 50+ on both sides too.

as far as the event went I will say I had fun, but after the blue frog bugged on me i didnt stick around too long, I just left the SL running the macros (no retreat for some reason) for the rest of the squad
    If u catch a PD u gotta wait for the timer to reset of get the next retreat. So if ur 10 sec into it ..and u get a PD or kid....then its 20 sec till u can cat h the next retreat.....
    .current pub unlike last pub necessetates the need for PD and kid defense so u don't loose the retreat from an sl

deda, next time im online, ill log on and show you that your jedi is not worthy
    Last edited by Lolindir; 03-14-2016 at 11:07 AM. Reason: Double post

Thread Information