+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Vendors disappearing and possible Basilisk Rollback

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAnswer View Post
    The vendors and items are not deleted from the database, they are just failing to load at server startup. The problem is the info of exactly where the vendors were is probably lost, but the items are not.

Ill be analyzing the data more in depth for the next couple of days and come up with a solution to recover them, most likely spawn all the missing vendors in a common place where the owners can go and retrieve them.

EDIT: That is if everything goes as planned and there are no other corruptions in the data...
    Did Kyle code vendors with "vendor pick up" abilities? Currently, if a vendor has items on it, it can not be moved.
    Moderator at The SWGCraft Project now supporting SWGEmu

Play Stats
    Inactive
    missing my 3 naboo vendors
    Imira – Armorsmith / Weaponsmith
    "DropOff" vendor: /way 1435 4000 Bartertown city, Naboo

Play Stats
    Inactive
    The vendors and items are not deleted from the database, they are just failing to load at server startup. The problem is the info of exactly where the vendors were is probably lost, but the items are not.

Ill be analyzing the data more in depth for the next couple of days and come up with a solution to recover them, most likely spawn all the missing vendors in a common place where the owners can go and retrieve them.

EDIT: That is if everything goes as planned and there are no other corruptions in the data...
    Thank you for taking the time to give us a more precise explanation of the problem. As one for ludicrous levels of technical detail, it relieves much of my frustration at not understanding more about the issues. I look forward to seeing what you come up with. I will be working through Christmas on a new contract; it's so nice without the usual interruptions, if that is your choice It's my favorite part of the holidays, getting things done.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    TheAnswer is gonna try some coding gymnastics to try to bring back missing vendors, or at least spawn them long enough so merchants can retrieve their goods. But, there is no guarantee it will work and since its anything but an easy task it might take days.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Thank you TA and Vlada ! I like others feel Like there is no hurry it is the holidays. I will be here when it is all figured out and if for some reason it can not be fixed I will keep on Crafting ! Thossa Master Architect "Golden Sands"

Retired Lead Developer
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by savacc View Post
    Did Kyle code vendors with "vendor pick up" abilities? Currently, if a vendor has items on it, it can not be moved.
    It doesn't matter how it was/is coded, its our code and we can edit/lift restrictions for special cases whenever we want, the only important thing is the data to be in the database.
    Last edited by TheAnswer; 12-20-2015 at 07:12 PM.

theanswer@swgemu.com | www.swgemu.com
    SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    SWGEmu FAQ | Install SWGEmu | Report Bugs

Play Stats
    Inactive
    BTW: When you figured out this and had some nice relaxing days: It seems like Theed SP is out of order and at least some of the other Space Stations does not show the incoming shuttle Animation (But works anyway).

Dedicated
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    It doesn't matter how it was/is coded, its our code and we can edit/lift restrictions for special cases whenever we want, the only important thing is the data to be in the database.
    If the vendors and items are in the database, but their locations are not (any longer), wouldn't it be true that rolling it back further could reestablish those locations? Perhaps to the last (normal) server restart?

Also, in the past, around the last pub, didn't we have the same problems with vends and shuttles? If so, whatever the cause and fix was, shouldn't it be able to work again?
    Last edited by Poobacca; 12-20-2015 at 09:18 PM.
    Please make drops to Poo's Booty Vendor at 806, -3900 on Corellia.

Retired Lead Developer
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Poobacca View Post
    If the vendors and items are in the database, but their locations are not (any longer), wouldn't it be true that rolling it back further could reestablish those locations? Perhaps to the last (normal) server restart?
    Yes and no. There is a limit to the point in time where we can rollback to, we have already rolled back to the point where we think is the safest for the data to be consistent, any further might create more problems and issues that wouldnt make it worth it.

Before doing the rollbacks we made a backup of the entire database and in the next days we will try to transfer the data to a separate machine and try a more aggressive rollback on it. This takes quite a lot of time considering we are talking about 400GB datasets. There is a possibility that we can rollback the data to a point where we can recover the positions and transfer only the position data back to basilisk, but its a far fetched possibility at this point.

In case that fails what we will attempt is to move all the vendors to a specific location as I described in an earlier post.
    Last edited by TheAnswer; 12-20-2015 at 10:31 PM.

theanswer@swgemu.com | www.swgemu.com
    SWGEmu FAQ | Install SWGEmu | Report Bugs

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I lost seven out of ten vendors--the others are there as if nothing happened. But I trust that the SWGEMU staff can handle this. If not, we'll have fun rebuilding

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Good luck with this one TA.

I've a total of 13 humanoid vendors missing from my GH, with around 10,000 items. Pretty sure all were created with the changes to Merchant in Pub 6? :-(
    However, my additional storage vendors appear to be ok. All non humanoid, same building, but diifferent room.
    Last edited by Ajaxxx; 12-21-2015 at 04:48 PM.

-------------------------------------Part time resource hoarder-------------------------------------

Play Stats
    Inactive
    As I said earlier in the thread, I commend all of you guys for communicating everything so clearly. I know as an IT support provider that it can be challenging to provide consistent, up-to-date information in an emergency. Well done.

To the people who have had vendor difficulties, I also commend you for your patience. This thread has really shown a sense of an SWGEmu team and stands as a memorial to the community we have here and the common goal we all share.
    Farelli
    SWGEmu Admin

How to Report Bugs | How to Search Bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker)

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I'm missing the following Mon Cal species vendors:
    Lewt and Dropoff vendor at the WP in my sig - This one was located inside of Rue Des Diables
    All three of the weapon/CM vendors in my sig - these were located outside of Rue Des Diables
    Melko/Cerelli/Iktach
    -BT- Industries: Sliced weapons -723, -4284 Tat just south of Bestine. Dropoff, CM, Resource Vendors -516, -4531 Tat

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Vendors missing (14) in RiverView Dantooine Mall. wp 516 -6717
    IGN Ipalla ~Living & Loving in RiverView City~ PLANET DANTOOINE 516 -6717

Play Stats
    Inactive
    1 of my 2 are missing, but a few guildies are missing out of Emberlene's Mall on Naboo. City has most of it's trainers missing too but it says I cannot redrop them.

Thank you all for the updates and your hard work.
    Onilwyn
    Guild leader of -nWo- and Mayor of Emberlene, Naboo

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information