+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast

Thread: Vendors disappearing and possible Basilisk Rollback

Lead Core Developer
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    The part where you say "all items on them are gone." The items are not gone and TA is working to recover them.
    Ivojedi
    Lead Core Developer

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    ivojedi@swgemu.com | How to report bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker)

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivojedi View Post
    The part where you say "all items on them are gone." The items are not gone and TA is working to recover them.
    This ^
    And you forget, savacc, I watch everything.
    Scurby
    QA Leader

How to report bugs | Live Support | Mantis (Bug Tracker)
    scurby@swgemu.com | Gerrit | Jenkins

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Well guys, first I would like to say I respect the two of you immensely, but your definition of "gone" seems inadequate to me. If they are not "gone" then where are they? I have been checking nearly everyday and they are not in my guildhall where they are supposed to be, thus I say they are "gone". I went further and said they are "deleted", will you dispute that word too? I could dig up the quote from TA where he uses the term "deleted". It would seem to me that a reasonable synonym of "deleted" is "gone". I know it is just semantics.

However you are also misquoting me and mischaracterizing my statements. I said the vendors and Items are "gone" in context of counting against vendor limits and Item limits. I clearly go on to say that TA is trying to retrieve items, but not the vendors. Here is my post:
    Quote Originally Posted by savacc View Post
    According to Mitztah https://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthr...=1#post1284013 all missing vendors are gone and not coming back, so no you do not need to worry about anything "timing out" on them - its already gone.

According to TA https://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthr...=1#post1280160 He has a backup database with the missing vendors and will attempt to retrieve the items from the missing vendors and allow owners to go somewhere and get their missing stuff. Even if timers still existed on the missing (gone, deleted, never coming back) vendors, it still wouldn't matter since TA will be working from a backup database, not a current one being affected by timers.
    Here is a second post
    Your "lost" vendors and all items on them are gone. They no longer count against your number of vendors nor items limits.
    The devs have said they will not attempt to retrieve the vendors themselves, they are gone gone, never coming aback. So make new ones. The items, the devs have said, they are trying to retrieve for you. It would seem to me that you would be wise to leave room on your new vendors for the old items, or make some other plans to store them.
    I dont know why it is separating into two quotes. they are in the same post.

So Scurb, Ivo, where am I wrong?

Will you say the items are gone for now, but maybe not for good, if TA can get them back?
    Last edited by savacc; 01-14-2016 at 07:03 AM.
    Moderator at The SWGCraft Project now supporting SWGEmu

Play Stats
    Inactive
    TA said something about where the items are earlier in this thread.
    Lolindir
    SWGEmu Admin

How to report bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker) | Live Support
    Install SWGEmu | Fix SWGEmu | Submit a ticket

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolindir View Post
    TA said something about where the items are earlier in this thread.
    Yes, I link to it above. I just reread it. TA never uses the word "gone", instead he says "missing", "deleted" and "wiped" in reference to the current Basilisk database.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    So there still might be a rollback? Because I was about to logging again during this Christmas due to plain nostalgia, but this question kept me out of it. Anyway, good luck with this issue and keep up the great job you all are doing guys.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    No, there will not be any more rollbacks.
    Lolindir
    SWGEmu Admin

How to report bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker) | Live Support
    Install SWGEmu | Fix SWGEmu | Submit a ticket

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Yes, I link to it above. I just reread it. TA never uses the word "gone", instead he says "missing", "deleted" and "wiped" in reference to the current Basilisk database.
    All objects in game created have a OID (object ID) they can be recovered they are probably in the database still Let them work there magic sure soon more light will be shed on where and how you can get your stuff back once they properly get everything in order for everyone.

Even Vendors have OID so mostly everything in the game that's stored in the Database can be recovered at some point as long as its not (corrupt)

Retired Lead Developer
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Sorry guys I have been busy with real-life lately so I couldnt work on the issue a lot. The following week should be more productive and we will post some updates.

theanswer@swgemu.com | www.swgemu.com
    SWGEmu FAQ | Install SWGEmu | Report Bugs

Play Stats
    661h last 30d
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAnswer View Post
    Sorry guys I have been busy with real-life lately so I couldnt work on the issue a lot. The following week should be more productive and we will post some updates.
    Np Answer, always Real Life first !
    https://tinyurl.com/4mbn92a3
    DROP /way corellia -454, 0, -5454
    Paintings Guide - POI Badge Guide

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAnswer View Post
    It is quite all right, you work your rear end off for free so we can all enjoy this great game!!!!!! We all appreciate your efforts and thank you once again for bringing so much happiness to us all. Please take care!
    May the FORCE be with you!
    Squatch Mart
    Tatooine -1766 -4488
    Special Order Pickup (Vendor is in the back of the House.)

Play Stats
    116h last 30d
    Just figured I'd take a shot at checking in on any possible fix/ update for the vendor purge - and of course, thank you for all your efforts in figuring out how these things happen. Still have some Bivoli in the freezer to sell and cases of Brandy to keep you warm during those storm power outages

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I can not be the only one watching this thread every day and becoming disheartened that an entire week has gone by and no word at all. I suppose that there is really no time limit and TA can keep working on this until it gets done. But realistically, there has to be a point where he, and everyone else, says, "It's been so long ago now, everyone has moved on and it is no longer a productive use of time to keep working on this." That point has to be coming soon (not even using "soon" the way soon is often used in this forum).

Play Stats
    Inactive
    But realistically, there has to be a point where he, and everyone else, says, "It's been so long ago now, everyone has moved on and it is no longer a productive use of time to keep working on this." That point has to be coming soon (not even using "soon" the way soon is often used in this forum).
    What if you assume that said point is right now? That way you might get a surprise if, in a few weeks, the items you lost get restored.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I think many merchants have, indeed, moved on but still remain hopeful of stock restoration. That said, I trust the team to do what is in the best interest of continued development. Nothing more and nothing less. I, for one, will just remain patient and continue following this thread for updates.
    In-game: Weaps

Offer drop-offs any LETHAL Weaponry Vendor in the SCM (WP 674 -5322, Corellia)

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information