+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Vendors disappearing and possible Basilisk Rollback

Play Stats
    304h last 30d
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
    Now you all know why he is called TheAnswer.
    wait, did he also the one who found out the "42" ?
    FINALIZER: IGN: Farman /Cubor
    Dostlar Co. Ltd.
    Corellia Coronet 430,-5491-Drop off to Weapon Vendor
    Tatooine Mos Eisley 3367,-5619

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by cubor View Post
    wait, did he also the one who found out the "42" ?
    That was Deep Thought

Play Stats
    6h last 30d
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
    Now you all know why he is called TheAnswer.
    Indeed!

Thank you for all the time and work that's gone into solving this and other hiccups on the road to bring back the Galaxies we know and love.

Play Stats
    573h last 30d
    just in case the people who know, miss this post since it will get buried pretty quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnswer View Post
    If you didnt touch the vendor and did anything else the vendor data should reappear on restart...
    Thank you so much TA!!! I appreciate everything you, and the team are doing! I did however, put an item up for sale on those re-spawned vendors just to initiate them so they did not disappear on me. Since that involved touching them, will the items not appear now?

Thanks!

IGN Shyloe, and Cydonia. Drop-off vendor located @ /way 6188, 6206. NIKA Marketplace.

Retired Lead Developer
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by shilo View Post
    just in case the people who know, miss this post since it will get buried pretty quickly.

Thank you so much TA!!! I appreciate everything you, and the team are doing! I did however, put an item up for sale on those re-spawned vendors just to initiate them so they did not disappear on me. Since that involved touching them, will the items not appear now?

Thanks!
    It depends if the maint task hit and deleted the metadata of the vendor or not, guess you will see on next restart.
    Last edited by TheAnswer; 12-22-2015 at 12:05 PM.

theanswer@swgemu.com | www.swgemu.com
    SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    SWGEmu FAQ | Install SWGEmu | Report Bugs

Play Stats
    Inactive
    And thus a real world answer as to why Bas is needed without a wipe to find bugs that simply could not be found on Nova.
    Qik Meds
    Qik Weapons

South Coronet Mall 660 -5316 Just 950m from Coronet Starport

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Yes, this is why you will not see a planned wipe before we are done
    Lolindir
    SWGEmu Admin

How to report bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker) | Live Support
    Install SWGEmu | Fix SWGEmu | Submit a ticket

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Thanks for your help. I still have the same problem no vendors as of December 22 so not sure if I have an isolated case or still a main problem

Retired Lead Developer
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by runnwilde View Post
    Thanks for your help. I still have the same problem no vendors as of December 22 so not sure if I have an isolated case or still a main problem
    It's not only you, it will take days to recover the items/data fully, we will announce it.

theanswer@swgemu.com | www.swgemu.com
    SWGEmu FAQ | Install SWGEmu | Report Bugs

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I will focus on Shuttles/trainers after all this vendor mess. Shuttles can be redeeded to function so they are not a prioirty, I have yet to check the trainer code to see how to recover them easly, but it should not be a big issue either.

So as you can see, it has been a pretty interesting couple of days and we have lots of work still to be done.

Thank you for your patience and happy holidays!
    I was under the impression that since Naboo was capped on shuttles, I would lose the shuttle in Queens Market if I tried to redeed and re drop it. Due to a queue of city's waiting to get their shuttle.
    If someone could clarify/debunk this I'd appreciate it. I'd rather wait with no shuttle, than lose the shuttle completely.

Thanks for the work man, and hope you have a great Christmas. You deserve it. Ha.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Thanks for the detailed explanation TA and happy holidays!

Dedicated
    Play Stats
    Inactive

I will be able to, for the vendors that completely got wiped from current basilisk, create special containers and reinsert their items and give them back to the vendor owners, this seems like the fastest task and one that involves less hacks and consequently less potential issues down the road.

That is just one example of what we can do, theres other options of course since the data is still in the backups, but we are leaning towards that for now.

I will focus on Shuttles/trainers after all this vendor mess. Shuttles can be redeeded to function so they are not a prioirty, I have yet to check the trainer code to see how to recover them easly, but it should not be a big issue either.

So as you can see, it has been a pretty interesting couple of days and we have lots of work still to be done.

Thank you for your patience and happy holidays!
    Special containers..... probably with a huge item limit. That would work. They would make a great way to move your stuff as well when moving your house. An alternative to the NGE house packup option. Too bad you will probably delete these special containers when this issue is solved.

If we have a missing player city shuttle, we can redeed it to fix it right?

As far as trainers are concerned, why even bother (other than to fix the deleting problem)? Can't we just place a new one?
    Please make drops to Poo's Booty Vendor at 806, -3900 on Corellia.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Reano View Post
    I was under the impression that since Naboo was capped on shuttles, I would lose the shuttle in Queens Market if I tried to redeed and re drop it. Due to a queue of city's waiting to get their shuttle.
    If someone could clarify/debunk this I'd appreciate it. I'd rather wait with no shuttle, than lose the shuttle completely.

Thanks for the work man, and hope you have a great Christmas. You deserve it. Ha.
    No problem redeeding Temenos Island just now. As I suspected, the task for shuttle queue does not run immediately, so you should be fine, too.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Thanks very much for the detailed explanation TA! I'm no coder but I am very interested in the project and it's great to have a better understanding of what is going on. I appreciate all of your and the whole teams efforts!

IGN: Mulder-
    LIVE Mall at -210 -5640 Corellia

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I saw the words "aggressive rollback" in TheAnswers detailed reply. I wasn't clear on if that was a behind the scenes thing just to get the data, or if it meant it would be applied to Basilisk at some point? Should we not do anything important over the next few days because of an impending rollback?

Thanks!
    Drop Off Vendor 3580, -6723 Rori (300 Meters from Rebel Outpost Starport in the entryway of the Starlight Marauder)

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information