+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Vendors disappearing and possible Basilisk Rollback

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by sailorbard View Post
    Question.. after a long hiatus from the game, I decided to come back friday and start a fresh combat character, in the middle of all the rollback. I'm curious as to if my new character (or indeed, any of them) will still be there when the server comes back up.
    For the last rollback I found myself a couple of skill trees back.

My advice? Assume the worst and you won't be let down. But honestly it seems there's a larger underlying issue here.

Quote Originally Posted by retto View Post
    well from whats been said TA is trying to bring the vendors back . sounds like theyre done rolling back ..
    TA will either get the vendor mess fixed or he wont ..

less sarcasm this time .. sorry
    All good, I understand everyone's frustration. IMO I don't see the team letting the vendor mess fester-- it'll get fixed one way or another whether it be with a rollback or using The Force.
    Last edited by codyscafe7; 12-21-2015 at 09:50 PM.

Play Stats
    Inactive

Rollback

No biggie, at least I will be forced to wrap some xmas gifts and maybe even find time to see SW the force awakens.

Retired Lead Developer
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by BigQEd View Post
    WHAT? BERKELEY is flawless! SWGEMU never has issues with Berkeley... and doesn't rollback due to DB issues.

p.s. let us know if you need help recovering data... we have learned the HARD way how to recover from Berkeley DB issues (eventhough we have been told Berkeley isn't an issue and it's pure awesome-sauce.

p.s.s. dannuic, I miss you...
    We have never had issues with berkeley, and actually it saved our asses lots of times because of the ability to rollback to any point in time.

This is bug is in our own code.. but you keep blaming your mistakes on BDB, (a database that has been in production for more than 20 years in thousands of projects).

theanswer@swgemu.com | www.swgemu.com
    SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    SWGEmu FAQ | Install SWGEmu | Report Bugs

Play Stats
    Inactive
    oh, believe me, I agree with you. I'm more concerned about the health of the server than anybody's characters

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by sailorbard View Post
    Question.. after a long hiatus from the game, I decided to come back friday and start a fresh combat character, in the middle of all the rollback. I'm curious as to if my new character (or indeed, any of them) will still be there when the server comes back up.
    If you created it a minute or two before server went down, it might not be.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Eh, no big, I only had like brawler up to 2/1/1/2 and scout up to 0010 so an hour or two lost at most.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    you guys are worried about toons u created LAST weekend? geeeeeeze people grow up......

no one cares what u lost or the precious xp u were robbed..... the issue needing fixed is the most important thing for the future.....eyes on the prize folks.

I live in Oklahoma, when the F5 hits the town we rebuild it.... not one person whines

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Its funny now in Cnet starport if you click on the 3P0 travel droid he tells you that the shuttle has been destroyed by terrorists.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoki View Post
    you guys are worried about toons u created LAST weekend? geeeeeeze people grow up......

no one cares what u lost or the precious xp u were robbed..... the issue needing fixed is the most important thing for the future.....eyes on the prize folks.

I live in Oklahoma, when the F5 hits the town we rebuild it.... not one person whines
    its all about perspective .. i think the guys who just made new toons care more about them than if youre getting vendors full of acklay bones back or not ..
    also , no one whines ? i call shenannigans on that one bro ..

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    all teh space ports are down

Play Stats
    Inactive
    bas is down per the launcher

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Yeeeeeeeeeeeah... Not happenin' today, Jim.
    - Le Maitre du Temps... -|- <Sexy> IGN: Aletro, Tkay, Arzakc

Play Stats
    Inactive
    that was a glorious 11 seconds of playtime !!

Play Stats
    176h last 30d
    Corellia seems a little barren of shuttleports right now. Only the newest 3 are still named and available it seems. Ours is still sat there in the city, but not named on map (just as Generic "shuttleport") and not usable. Seems a little reminiscent of the merge when all older cities got destroyed.

Play Stats
    234h last 30d
    well please do not forget the most important part.

The guys who develop this game for us, they are doing that for the love of community and for the love of Star Wars Galaxies. The Best MMORPG ever.
    They don't take monthly subscription fees, fat salaries, ANY kind of profit.

They are doing that for us and for fun.

And none of us has the right to demoralize them over some bugs or errors or simple losses.

I lost more than 2000 item, tons of enhanced weapons worth hundreds of millions and months of hard working other goods and...

...I dont care a bit even!!

If they can fix it then they can. If not, we will start over.

This is SWG guys. Please show some respect to the game and the peoples who try to relive it for us.
    FINALIZER: IGN: Farman /Cubor
    Dostlar Co. Ltd.
    Corellia Coronet 430,-5491-Drop off to Weapon Vendor
    Tatooine Mos Eisley 3367,-5619

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information