+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Vendors disappearing and possible Basilisk Rollback

Dedicated
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    For sake of clarity, are you devs asking everyone to post here which vendors are missing so you can spawn them later? Or is it easy to pick out the vendors with missing wps from the database, rez them from vendor heaven at a cloner, then tell everyone who lost one to pick up their stuff?
    Please make drops to Poo's Booty Vendor at 806, -3900 on Corellia.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAnswer View Post
    The vendors and items are not deleted from the database, they are just failing to load at server startup. The problem is the info of exactly where the vendors were is probably lost, but the items are not.

Ill be analyzing the data more in depth for the next couple of days and come up with a solution to recover them, most likely spawn all the missing vendors in a common place where the owners can go and retrieve them.

EDIT: That is if everything goes as planned and there are no other corruptions in the data...
    Keep up the good work TheAnswer Happy Holidays.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    well... I was doing Christmas parties x 3 this weekend and went to see the movie tonight. so I have missed some of the excitement. Catching up a bit here.....

missing 6 vendors in Tempest but my vendors in scm mall seem to have made it.....OKIE INC took a hit for sure...... all in the name of the Game we are trying to get finished.

Good luck to all that are missing stuff.... if we have to rebuild we will..... one step at a time for the TEAM and we are behind you guys all the way no matter the outcome.

BOOMER SOONER!! MERRY CHRISTMAS N HAPPY NEW YR!

Dedicated
    Play Stats
    691h last 30d
    All of my 5 Wook vendors at the waypoint in my sig are gone. I have another two at SCM which may or may not be there - I haven't been able to get to Coronet to confirm and I'm afraid to do anything in game lest it get wiped.

I do have one terminal vendor at the waypoint in my sig which is still there, just the NPC vendors are affected.
    Cherokaa - Master Weaponsmith | Bobvilakaa - Master Architect, WroshyrTech Industries

Vendors: 2644, -4436, Tatooine

Retired Lead Developer
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Poobacca View Post
    For sake of clarity, are you devs asking everyone to post here which vendors are missing so you can spawn them later? Or is it easy to pick out the vendors with missing wps from the database, rez them from vendor heaven at a cloner, then tell everyone who lost one to pick up their stuff?
    No, we don't need the positions of the missing vendors, its "easy" to pick the missing vendors from the database because they are the ones that have a "null" zone attribute.
    But info like, when was the vendor placed, was it a NPC one or a terminal would be helpful to find a pattern. So far it seems to only have affected old NPC vendors that were placed prior publish 7/6/?

More info on exactly what publish would be helpful.

Thanks
    Last edited by TheAnswer; 12-21-2015 at 03:58 AM.

theanswer@swgemu.com | www.swgemu.com
    SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    SWGEmu FAQ | Install SWGEmu | Report Bugs

Play Stats
    Inactive
    im missing 6 of my 7 vendors from 2 merchant toons .. most of them have been around for ages . im going to say pre 6 ? humans and rodians
    corelia and naboo ..

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I have (had) 2 NPC vendors in SCM.

Missing: The Publish 5 vendor. Created in October 2014.
    Still there: The Publish 7 vendor. Created in September 2015.
    ★ Rise ★ Rebel ★ Resist ★

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I'm missing two NPC (human) vendors, both definitely created before Publish 6

More recent ones are fine.

Play Stats
    8h last 30d
    I am missing 4 vendors a human in a house at waypoint -6041 -946, Wookie in my guild hall -5834 -938, a human -6106 -906 and twi'lek -6105 -906 inside of Penumbra Mall on Corellia. All are older vendors as well placed Pub 5 and Pub 6

Play Stats
    211h last 30d
    all 3 missing ones are zabrak NPC and more than 2 years old. So I guess before Pub 6?
    FINALIZER: IGN: Farman /Cubor
    Dostlar Co. Ltd.
    Corellia Coronet 430,-5491-Drop off to Weapon Vendor
    Tatooine Mos Eisley 3367,-5619

Play Stats
    Inactive
    All 4 of my missing NPC vendors were created 2+ years ago so that was before publish 6 I believe. I feel like I can rebuild and regroup my business, losing the vendor will be a set back with the loss of crafted items, am reluctant to start crafting to fill a new vendor to have it wiped out with a rollback.

Think I will wait and see what the New Year brings, if things are stable by then I will begin the rebuild. As it is some of my vendors are still around, either terminals or post publish 7. Swoops. Stim-Packs and Wound-Packs left.

TC's Mercantile Dantooine -1011 2467

Play Stats
    Inactive
    2 missing vendors, both NPC (One human female, one Sullustan Male.) I started playing in september 2014 not long before publish 6. I cant say for sure when the vendors were placed - my guess would be that one was placed before Pub 6 and one afterwards but I could be wrong.
    IGN:- Leosa, Learna, Nofea, Malcc, Zannik
    Armor, Artisan and Smuggler items, Powerups, Loot /way 5982 3660 (600m from Polyandrium Shuttle, Tatooine)

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAnswer View Post
    No, we don't need the positions of the missing vendors, its "easy" to pick the missing vendors from the database because they are the ones that have a "null" zone attribute.
    But info like, when was the vendor placed, was it a NPC one or a terminal would be helpful to find a pattern. So far it seems to only have affected old NPC vendors that were placed prior publish 7/6/?

More info on exactly what publish would be helpful.

Thanks
    It IS the older vendors....

Dedicated
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    I am not missing any of my vends. My oldest vend is about 1.5 years old at SCM. I only have wook vends. None of the vends had anything in the stockroom.
    Please make drops to Poo's Booty Vendor at 806, -3900 on Corellia.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    The only vendor I am missing was an old one. An NPC Twi'Lek. All my recently placed vendors are still there. Also, on Saturday, I could see the items on the missing vendor from a different vendor. However, I can no longer see any of those items as of yesterday.

Weapon vendor: The Mall in Live to Rebel /way -211 -5681
    Drop off vendor: Outside Tyrena /way -4210 -1643

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information