Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Publish 7: The Source Awakens

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by nee2earth View Post
    With the new changes (aka progress toward more accurate PRE-cu publish 14.1 emulation) in Pub7 , 'combat difficulty' has increased accross the entire Galaxy.

This is working-as-intended.

The "melee attacks from 50m" thing however shouldn't be happening and is most likely caused by LAG. Melee attacks, give or take present lag, should only be hitting at range 20m max or less (depending also on enemy mob's *hitbox* type) .

Anyways, the point is: Adapt or die.

(But please also remember: We are still very much in ALPHA phase of development, so there will undoubtedly be numerous 'tweaks' made over the coming weeks/months to Combat overall & specific PVE Combat-difficulty. )
    Combat difficulty is not the issue.. The complaints is the agro range. My son (range) pops off NPC's with ease. My melee pulls everything in the cave just by walking in an area of no mobs in view or my son range attack. I would understand if I was a very low combat level agro higher level npc's, these are the low level npc's all going Rambo at once from unreal agro distance. I'm guessing it may not be so much distance as to ground level (cave or bunker has floors). I don't think your intent was to agro mobs from other levels as to distance.

Another player had same complaint in DWB as to unreal agro. He was a Pre-CU player ( I was not). I'm just basing this off of Pre-CU players. I was a crafter Pre-CU.. I have no idea what combat was like. As you stated, adapt or die.. I am strongly leaning to die (no offense). I am patient and just leveling while changes are made.

I may not like the response.. I do appreciate that you responded and in an impressive time.

Thanks

Play Stats
    Inactive
    *happy dance*

Addicted
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Oskafi View Post
    Combat difficulty is not the issue.. The complaints is the aggro range.
    Can you be more specific? And/or provide some screenshots?

Needless to say, creature-AI will be continuously tweaked all the way thru BETA phase of development.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I can't see any posts or info on this (sorry if this is the wrong place to post),but is the Battle Fatigue supposed to be this high?? i'm hitting 1k max in a few hours,plus i'm getting Battle Fatigue on my Doctor every time i heal someone.I can't ever remember it being this bad.

Also,will entertainers at Ranger camps ever remove Battle Fatigue? are these known issue's being fixed or is this working as intended? thanks in advance for any info guys =)

Addicted
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdjones View Post
    will entertainers at Ranger camps ever remove Battle Fatigue? are these known issue's being fixed or is this working as intended?
    You tell us.

If/when you (or anyone) find out, please file a Mantis Bug Report about it (link in my sig below) .

---
    So you filed 2 reports, but you didn't bother to do any *research* beforehand , to determine whether or not what you're reporting is actually a 'bug'.

Please read this link ASAP when you can thanks...

https://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22463

... And btw: it's working-as-intended...

https://www.swgemu.com/bugs/view.php?id=6357

... I hate long waits, so i researched it myself.
    Last edited by nee2earth; 06-10-2015 at 02:02 AM. Reason: i hate long waits

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Sorry mate,first time reporting any issue's.I checked the bug tracker for the BF issue,which has happend only since the new publish,and found nothing,which is why i wrote a report.Thanks for the reply.

Addicted
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdjones View Post
    .I checked the bug tracker for the BF issue,,and found nothing,.
    Don't forget to double-check your Mantis search 'filter' settings.

And always remember, the 3 most important things for Mantis Reports: details, research, & facts.
    Last edited by nee2earth; 06-10-2015 at 05:04 AM. Reason: another friendly reminder

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I haven't totally delved into this and tested for myself yet, but from what I'm reading in the Commando forum, the flamethrower's DoT is no longer bypassing armor, which as a result completely destroys the profession. However from this archive http://web.archive.org/web/200502070...ssage.id=82353 it seems that the flamethrower DoT in fact should be bypassing armor as it was before. Was this an intended change for Commando? Was there some other kind of reason to believe that the flamethrower DoT should take armor into account?

Addicted
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaeneth View Post
    but from what I'm reading in the Commando forum, the flamethrower's DoT is no longer bypassing armor,
    I saw the Commando forum thread and we are aware of the 'reports'.

Unfortunately no one has filed an official report on Mantis yet; which is really the only way to truly get things addressed (and fixed) .

That link you found is a good one btw, so feel free to use it as *evidence*...if you file the Mantis.

p.s. Did you attempt to reproduce the issue on TCNova yet?

p.p.s. I'm sure it relates to this new change from Pub7 patch-notes on page 1 of this very thread...

"Combat:
    The damage of dots applied from weapon attacks is now reduced by the target's armor"

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    I played around with agro more (deliberately). The extreme agro seems to affect the range NPC's only. Melee NPC's and melee critters agro seems fine.

I know for us, we target our kill and if within range, we are allowed to attack.
    Ranged NPC's seem to be able to attack just by being able to target (regardless of range).

It does annoy me that I don't see the others posting about the agro issue allowing me to stand here looking stupid

A question for players: Anyone notice a much higher DPS by ranged NPC's? My son is a BH and experienced higher damage as if he had no armor on at all.

As to the other player, I got 14 health 8 action wounds unknown battle fat after fighting a few spawns of NPC's at a Rori city (northern one). Black bar forming so fast caught my attention, I will pay attention to battle fat and report.

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    I think NPC's special attacks were modified. Could account for higher DPS.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    You guys are doing an amazing job!
    /deepbow

Play Stats
    Inactive
    So many awesome additions! <3 you guys!
    Showcase May 4th, 2010
    Starsider: Sajun Davah <TRASH>
    Basilisk: Sajun Davah (M. Pikeman/M. Doctor)

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Agro in caves/bunkers: I pistoleer was at bottom of cave and fan shot agro paralope spawn on top of mountain. That we did get a good laugh watching paralopes running through a cave.

Hunting: What is the point of terrain negotiation if all critters outrun you when you kite hunt. Kite = Running in a circle while shooting target (not getting hit).
    Kiting has been done on live and on emu up to pub 7. That toon is useless now to me (MRanger/MCH/MScout/xx44 Marksman).

Those are the only issues I experienced (agro and speed).

GOOD: Med droids work (as to wound heals outside of designated areas), Entertainer droids effects work too well (seizure warning needed, lol).

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by dedaskalion View Post
    I think NPC's special attacks were modified. Could account for higher DPS.
    Confirmed! NPC's still same to kill, but they do give a better fight now

Intimidation is now used by lowwww level NPC's (Nice addition)
    Bleed is now used by the upper low level NPC's now.
    Bleed will target 1 of your HAM bars (Health/Action/Mind)

Thread Information