Thread: SWGEmu Launchpad Update - 11/22/13

Play Stats
    Inactive

SWGEmu Launchpad Update - 11/22/13

SWGEmu LaunchPad update

November 2013
    The SWGEMu Staff

SWGEmu Launchpad Update Part 4. - 12/05/13

Pre 14.1 movement option and custom FPS added to the launcher (30FPS min - 200FPS max).

SWGEmu Launchpad Update Part 3. - 11/26/13

That is all...

SWGEmu Launchpad Update Part 2. - 11/25/13

A lot of Anti-Virus programs heave been reporting gl06_r.dll file as infected. And though we dont have any reason to believe that it is, The answer has checked it and found out that our client doesn't even use that file, it is completely unnecessary. TheAnswer updated the Launchpad and it will no longer download it. Anyone else that still has it in their client folder can just delete it.

SWGEmu Launchpad Update - 11/22/13

Some people have reported seeing strange text in their chat windows when they trade or examine objects. It looks something like this...

It is not a serious issue, it is just an enabled debugging mod. Other than that text has no real impact on the game client, but can be kinda annoying. We have uploaded a patch that will fix/remove that.

1. Run SWGEmu Launchpad
    2. Press Full Scan
    3. When asked "Do you want to restore config files too" press Yes. <--- That part will fix the problem
    4. At the end of Full scan Game Settings will open, you will have to set your game screen resolution again and any other setting you had before.

NOTE: Profiles folder, your UI settings, macros and notes will not be affected by this.

We apologize for this inconvenience and we thank you for your continuous support.

~The SWGEmu Staff
    Last edited by Vlada; 12-05-2013 at 10:53 AM.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Fantastic! thanks

EDIT: Unfortuantely its not fixed it for me
    Last edited by Tombius; 11-22-2013 at 09:06 AM.

Play Stats
    Inactive

Launch pad

Use the Launch Pad? Yesterday a post said to never use launch pad again because it can damage the client. Which is correct?

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by chuck006 View Post
    Use the Launch Pad? Yesterday a post said to never use launch pad again because it can damage the client. Which is correct?
    In case you missed it, they released a new Launch Pad.

https://www.swgemu.com/forums/content...-November-2013

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by chuck006 View Post
    Not Launchpad Enhanced aka LPE, we are talking about our new SWGEmu launchpad we released yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Tombius View Post
    Fantastic! thanks

EDIT: Unfortuantely its not fixed it for me
    Do you still have user.cfg file in your new SWGmu folder? Was any of the game client instances running when you did the Full scan?

Play Stats
    Inactive
    No cant find any user.cfg file and also no instances running when I do the full scan, done it 3-4 times too to make sure and im still getting the same result.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Thanks! I recognize that snappy dressing toon anywhere!
    IGN - Solfly
    Unlimited Inc -4320, 5010 Theed, Naboo

Play Stats
    Inactive
    No cant find any user.cfg file and also no instances running when I do the full scan, done it 3-4 times too to make sure and im still getting the same result.
    Run full scan again or if that doesnt work delete swgemu_machineoptions.iff

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
    Run full scan again or if that doesnt work delete swgemu_machineoptions.iff
    Thanks oh mighty one, you have solved my problem!! I deleted the .iff and all is good Again thanks so much

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Thanks oh mighty one, you have solved my problem!! I deleted the .iff and all is good Again thanks so much
    Glad you got it fixed! Just for future reference. I found my user.cfg file only in the original SWGEmu folder and not one in the second folder added when updateing the launcher.
    IGN - Solfly

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulfly View Post
    Glad you got it fixed! Just for future reference. I found my user.cfg file only in the original SWGEmu folder and not one in the second folder added when updateing the launcher.
    I couldn't find it at all, spent ages and even did a search through my c drive. My files have and do look really weird though kind of different from before so I didn't want to mess with them really. The way Vlada said worked a treat

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I couldn't find it at all, spent ages and even did a search through my c drive. My files have and do look really weird though kind of different from before so I didn't want to mess with them really. The way Vlada said worked a treat
    I forget how to do it but you probably have to turn on show all files in folder. Or something to that effect.

I could be thinking of show all folders
    Last edited by Soulfly; 11-22-2013 at 05:17 PM.
    IGN - Solfly

Play Stats
    Inactive
    done the download installed...... ran it and got.....error please set the swgemufolder in settings -> options or install using settings ->install from ?????????????????? thats me totally lost and confused ...... help

SWGEmu Admin
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by enak View Post
    done the download installed...... ran it and got.....error please set the swgemufolder in settings -> options or install using settings ->install from ?????????????????? thats me totally lost and confused ...... help
    Top left hand corner>Setting>Options>When the box pops up hit Select>Direct it to your SWGEmu folder>Hit ok

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    niffer@swgemu.com / Discord: Niffer#1797/ Discord
    Submit a ticket

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by enak View Post
    Well this thread is just about the latest update, if you still need to install from the beginning you need use this guide: https://www.swgemu.com/forums/content...Install-SWGEmu

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information