Closed Thread
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: SWGEmu AGPL Instructions and Requirements

"Retired" SWGEmu Staff risenangel's Avatar
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Tameli Starrider View Post
    You all stated that swg people act together Then why you dont commit your bugs back ?
    Would be a good signal to swgemu that playservers can help too.
    There is actually a section on mantis where people can list bugs that they experience on alternative servers, as long as it can be replicated on nova.

To get to it, you log in to swgemu.com/bugs and on the dropdown menu where it says all projects, go to swgemu servers - alternate. We very much do want to work together with you guys.
    Last edited by risenangel; 08-09-2015 at 06:13 PM.
    Kyada <BoS>
    Everything I ever did was about pushing the project forward.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by dannuic View Post
    This isn't a partner program. It's licensing.
    Of course it's licensing... however, since there will be understandings, agreements, acknowledgments and/or offerings along with it, it would be considered a partnering or affiliate program within a business setting.

As one of the largest private SWG server that has followed "the rules" and not tried to hack or alter the SWGEMU (Engine3) engine, we will be proud to encourage players to contribute what they can to SWGEMU, as a partner.
    Awakening Founder - FHEMU Developer

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Really looking forward to having the 2.5hour rests removed.
    Currently near impossible to complete DWB with it active.

Nothing but good can come from this partnership! Really looking forward to this.
    Last edited by Timex1; 08-09-2015 at 08:25 PM.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    2.5 hours reset removed would be 2 thumbs up in my mind, would love to test more of that end game content like dwb to get those bugs worked out!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by risenangel View Post
    There is actually a section on mantis where people can list bugs that they experience on alternative servers, as long as it can be replicated on nova.

To get to it, you log in to swgemu.com/bugs and on the dropdown menu where it says all projects, go to swgemu servers - alternate. We very much do want to work together with you guys.
    And it seems to be working very well. I have posted myself. We highly encourage bugs to be listed there for bugs with the standard Core3 for any and all players on our server.

Quote Originally Posted by dannuic View Post
    This isn't a partner program. It's licensing.
    Then, perhaps it should be a "partnering program", at least in cooperation aspects. I know from what Scurby has said in my vent that there are some here that regard this program as a "partnering" of bug reporting, submitting code to fix, bugs, etc. If we get all of us, SWGEMU and the other servers working together on 14.1 content and bug squashing, your job will go a lot faster and a lot easier. We already know that content such as post 14.1 housing should not be submitted, however Timbab is taking care of that one, so there is budding cooperation in post 14.1 content as well.
    Last edited by Esquire; 08-10-2015 at 02:32 PM.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
    Like i said, asking on forums wont change a thing. Folks that are actually in charge or have any kind of info about it, rarely ever visit forums or reply to questions here.
    Well that's certainly a shame Vlada, Uninformed is uninformed.

Not sure why they would introduce a 2.5hr reset on a server. it certainly doesn't make much sense to me, but then again, I am very small.

IB

Quote Originally Posted by BigQEd View Post
    Of course it's licensing... however, since there will be understandings, agreements, acknowledgments and/or offerings along with it, it would be considered a partnering or affiliate program within a business setting.

As one of the largest private SWG server that has followed "the rules" and not tried to hack or alter the SWGEMU (Engine3) engine, we will be proud to encourage players to contribute what they can to SWGEMU, as a partner.
    Is there a way I can lick this post? .... err I mean like?

IB
    Last edited by Lolindir; 08-10-2015 at 05:31 PM. Reason: Double post

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironbark View Post
    Well that's certainly a shame Vlada, Uninformed is uninformed.

Not sure why they would introduce a 2.5hr reset on a server. it certainly doesn't make much sense to me, but then again, I am very small.

IB

Is there a way I can lick this post? .... err I mean like?

IB
    Go back and re-read all 7 pages. There's some history in there that will answer a few of your questions... - Duff

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I would love to see it removed. It disrupts much of the flow of a game like this with a persistent environment.

Many players take this time to exit the game, even if they normally would have spent another hour grinding, or roleplaying, or farming NS in a group or any of the other myriad of activities we enjoy.

It's disruptive, plain and simple.
    Haeslich (stacker/medic)
    Mitras (MDoc)
    Celtt (dots & kites)

Retired Lead Developer
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Did you guys even read the post and the replies?

We will be pushing the engine as soon as we can, most of us are busy with RL. The release was not cancelled.

theanswer@swgemu.com | www.swgemu.com
    SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    SWGEmu FAQ | Install SWGEmu | Report Bugs

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAnswer View Post
    We will be pushing the engine as soon as we can, most of us are busy with RL. The release was not cancelled.
    TA, definitely understandable. RL always comes first. I just think after 10+ years people are somewhat anxious.
    Awakening Founder - FHEMU Developer

Play Stats
    Inactive
    They use engine 5 we are only getting engine 3 unlocked they will still be better then all of the other private servers.
    Not to mention about 25 percent of that engine is mission in engine 3 compared to the engine 5 that is fully loaded with things missing in the engine 3 I was already told this and was confirmed.

Id rather have engine 5 then this unlocked engine 3 to be honest .

Correct me if im wrong bask and nova use engine 5. The dev environment uses engine 3. Private servers users use engine 3 . Unlocked new engine will be engine core 3 engine 3 unlocked not 4 or 5 ...

they still have the upper hand and always will with engine 4 and engine 5 that they are currently using that will not ever go to any of us since its closed source .

Quote Originally Posted by Oru View Post
    This is definitely a valid concern that we should have addressed a long time ago but as me and TA were always for the good of this project we never signed a contract in good faith. In fact our intention is right the opposite. We are discussing to use a later version of the engine (engine5, what a surprise :P) for the emu as well, that could enable core3 to support way more concurrent players on multiple nodes. Anyways, an unlimited lifetime license should be granted on paper so i will get to the lawyers about it.

I'm not allowed to share any project names where it is being used, but one could easily find information looking at the right places..
    Last edited by Thrax989; 08-12-2015 at 12:12 AM.

SWGEmu Retired Forum Moderator Ellyssia's Avatar
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrax989 View Post
    They use engine 5 we are only getting engine 3 unlocked they will still be better then all of the other private servers.
    Not to mention about 25 percent of that engine is mission in engine 3 compared to the engine 5 that is fully loaded with things missing in the engine 3 I was already told this and was confirmed.

Correct me if im wrong bask and nova use engine 5. The dev environment uses engine 3. Private servers users use engine 3 . Unlocked new engine will be engine core 3 engine 3 unlocked not 4 or 5 ...

they still have the upper hand and always will with engine 4 and engine 5 that they are currently using that will not ever go to any of us since its closed source .
    Think you misunderstood Oru... he said they were discussing using Engine 5, not that we are at this time.
    Ellyssia
    Forum Moderator

How to report bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker) | Live Support
    Install SWGEmu | Fix SWGEmu | Submit a ticket

Retired Lead Developer
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrax989 View Post

engine5 is not a drop-in replacement of engine3. To use engine5 core3 would need substantial patching(weeks/months of work), and that is what Oru was trying to say.
    Bas is using engine3, nova is using engine3 like the rest of the development team and servers.

theanswer@swgemu.com | www.swgemu.com
    SWGEmu FAQ | Install SWGEmu | Report Bugs

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAnswer View Post
    engine5 is not a drop-in replacement of engine3. To use engine5 core3 would need substantial patching(weeks/months of work), and that is what Oru was trying to say.
    Bas is using engine3, nova is using engine3 like the rest of the development team and servers.
    Yes, that's the way I understood it.

Engine 5 is being used in commercial ventures, while Engine 3 is being used here.

Looking forward, as I'm sure many are, to an engine that is not restricted in any way.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Really hope the 2.5 hours reset is removed soon so groups actually manage to complete high end stuff at present my buffs last longer than my group!

Closed Thread

Thread Information