Closed Thread

Thread: SWGEmu AGPL Instructions and Requirements

Hybrid View

Play Stats
    Inactive
    We are patiently waiting but I can understand the frustration.

But Oru and The Answer have explained the delay in finalizing the licence and distribution mechanism. Vlada keeps pointing out that there has been no change in the plan to roll this out.

The players on servers that are frustrated with the perodic resets coming in here and asking when this will happen does nothing to accelerate the process. Server operators that hear frustration about it from the players on their server coming here and trying to rush it along are also not helping.

Asking if it is moving forward periodically is OK, but if someone has asked and answered in the previous two weeks is probably frequent enough and if someone has asked given them a day or two to reply.

This project has done a lot, especially in the last year, so I am comfortable that it will happen. Like the others I would prefer it to be sooner or later, but part of what people like about SWG, especially the pre-CU, is that it takes patience to achieve things in the game. That willingness to be patient needs to carry over to the forums and toward the project.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
    Jedi dont ruin SWG, people ruin SWG.
    My Blog about SWG and possible changes

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiars View Post

The players on servers that are frustrated with the perodic resets coming in here and asking when this will happen does nothing to accelerate the process. Server operators that hear frustration about it from the players on their server coming here and trying to rush it along are also not helping.

Asking if it is moving forward periodically is OK, but if someone has asked and answered in the previous two weeks is probably frequent enough and if someone has asked given them a day or two to reply.
    If not for us coming on this forum to check if there has been any progression...we wouldnt have gotten those "answers" two weeks ago. So it is helping.
    It helps so that the people here see and others see that there is still an interest for the reset change / open source. In my opinion it has progressed beyond theory and was to be implemented.
    One could easily argue that swgemu could lose their control over this, or the approved servers may actually help swgemu and/or possibly garner more interest to the project as a whole.

For those that have had their applications for this approved, out of good faith, a reset timer change should be made.
    Lots of new star wars things around coming out very soon, many may not even bother with this anymore, and that effects the project as a whole.

Its laughably shortsighted to maintain the reset timer on approved private servers.

Finally, three words sayings "it is licensing" or " soon" are not answers.
    Setting a Date a month from now on a definitive answer or release says a lot about how serious SWGemu actually is, if the real answer is December (why tease for it 8 months?) or we are afraid that once we open source it we lose our control...you should check you sig quote and question whether people like me are those "people" or its others that will ultimately be responsible for ruining swg...

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by kryst1979 View Post

Finally, three words sayings "it is licensing" or " soon" are not answers.
    Setting a Date a month from now on a definitive answer or release says a lot about how serious SWGemu actually is, if the real answer is December (why tease for it 8 months?) or we are afraid that once we open source it we lose our control...you should check you sig quote and question whether people like me are those "people" or its others that will ultimately be responsible for ruining swg...
    Why do I hate to read such things? This is where the cat gets her tail and the daily marmot greets. From core1 to core3. Some things do change, others dont.

Closed Thread

Thread Information