Closed Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: SWGEmu AGPL Instructions and Requirements

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by kaosnye View Post
    I've been studying a lot of assembly to rework the swg.exe (hopefully without too much damage) to be able to perform better on modern hardware to allow even more engine pushing. But we'll see. I'm kinda hesitant about it incase Synter releases something amazing.
    I'm extremely curious what your studying to see if you can push the engine even furthur. So that it can perform better on modern hardware to push the engine to rework the swg.exe. I'm honestly no where near there being any point in me looking into this. I've just started programming/modding but I would really like to know.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Oru View Post
    Originally we wanted to have some kind of a protection against illegal usage without accepting the license terms. Due to other activites we could never come up with a solid idea and since so much time has passed, we gave upon this idea. The only roadblock now is my laziness to uncomment a line, make a full build and do a release..
    So the wait is over? We should have the release soon? We really need this Oru anything we can do to motivate you out of your laziness to uncommit that line??
    Last edited by Thrax989; 10-14-2015 at 01:40 PM.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I'm glad to hear that we may be finally seeing a release on this. That said, I'm not going to get too excited and get my hopes up quite yet.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Oru View Post
    Originally we wanted to have some kind of a protection against illegal usage without accepting the license terms. Due to other activites we could never come up with a solid idea and since so much time has passed, we gave upon this idea. The only roadblock now is my laziness to uncomment a line, make a full build and do a release..
    This excites me.

I can understand the original concern and in many ways why after you decided that things change doing the uncomment and build have not happened. I need to do something similar on my launcher and release it.

I agree with the others that I hope it happens quickly since we all know it will happen soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
    Jedi dont ruin SWG, people ruin SWG.
    My Blog about SWG and possible changes

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Affinity View Post
    I'm extremely curious what your studying to see if you can push the engine even furthur. So that it can perform better on modern hardware to push the engine to rework the swg.exe. I'm honestly no where near there being any point in me looking into this. I've just started programming/modding but I would really like to know.
    While, there's a lot of things you can change using assembly it still remains pretty limited. Some things include allowing injection of a different shader system and lighting, but it would require a lot of debugging. It's not exactly stable but it can be done. Some of the easier things to accomplish are to increase the amount of RAM SWG uses (normally 512mb? I think). You can perform a sketchy hack that you can allow the engine to run more than 4GB ram in x64 programs, but again, it's not entirely stable. But if it were worked out properly, 4k textures and larger would be very possible.

Again since the engine is pretty old, there are a lot of tweaks required which is what makes it a risky operation. The game wasn't designed to use much VRAM, so altering how the engine works without the source code will always cause some sort of problem.

All things can be modified, but doesn't always provide the results you want.

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by kaosnye View Post
    While, there's a lot of things you can change using assembly it still remains pretty limited. Some things include allowing injection of a different shader system and lighting, but it would require a lot of debugging. It's not exactly stable but it can be done. Some of the easier things to accomplish are to increase the amount of RAM SWG uses (normally 512mb? I think). You can perform a sketchy hack that you can allow the engine to run more than 4GB ram in x64 programs, but again, it's not entirely stable. But if it were worked out properly, 4k textures and larger would be very possible.

Again since the engine is pretty old, there are a lot of tweaks required which is what makes it a risky operation. The game wasn't designed to use much VRAM, so altering how the engine works without the source code will always cause some sort of problem.

All things can be modified, but doesn't always provide the results you want.
    I see thank you for the clarification

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Naritus-reborn.com has been on hold awaiting this announcement! if this is done I would love to see official/ish servers listing like on live with different shards from the old live servers. be a neat way to give all our old home servers back and allow the devs here to keep or old precu community together and alive Emu sanctioned listings

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Nice morning!
    Fivo Asia
    Retired SWGEmu Quality Assurance:

fivo@swgemu.com | www.swgemu.com
    SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    SWGEmu FAQ | Install SWGEmu | Report Bugs | Galaxy Harvester
    |

Addicted
    Play Stats
    3h last 30d
    For those of you who don't know - this looks like TA removed the public limits.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    This is awesome news indeed! Thank you swegmu!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Rebuilt my server today with the new code - now I'm just waiting to hit the 2.5 hour mark.
    Personal site @ WritingUnderDuress.com
    Pretend dev @ An Empire in Flames

Play Stats
    Inactive
    It works and thanks again The Answer ,Oru and the rest of the emu staff.
    Last edited by Thrax989; 10-14-2015 at 01:40 PM.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    This is good news.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
    Jedi dont ruin SWG, people ruin SWG.
    My Blog about SWG and possible changes

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Hit a seg fault at 2.5 hours. Investigating...
    Personal site @ WritingUnderDuress.com
    Pretend dev @ An Empire in Flames

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Thanks for the update! You've made alot of players happy today.

Quote Originally Posted by Halyn View Post
    Hit a seg fault at 2.5 hours. Investigating...
    Sounds like you may be compiling with the old engine still. I can verify that the timer is gone, I'm at a little over 3.5 now.
    Last edited by Lolindir; 10-13-2015 at 08:25 PM. Reason: Double post

Closed Thread

Thread Information