Closed Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: SWGEmu AGPL Instructions and Requirements

Hybrid View

"Retired" SWGEmu Staff risenangel's Avatar
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Tameli Starrider View Post
    You all stated that swg people act together Then why you dont commit your bugs back ?
    Would be a good signal to swgemu that playservers can help too.
    There is actually a section on mantis where people can list bugs that they experience on alternative servers, as long as it can be replicated on nova.

To get to it, you log in to swgemu.com/bugs and on the dropdown menu where it says all projects, go to swgemu servers - alternate. We very much do want to work together with you guys.
    Last edited by risenangel; 08-09-2015 at 06:13 PM.
    Kyada <BoS>
    Everything I ever did was about pushing the project forward.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by risenangel View Post
    There is actually a section on mantis where people can list bugs that they experience on alternative servers, as long as it can be replicated on nova.

To get to it, you log in to swgemu.com/bugs and on the dropdown menu where it says all projects, go to swgemu servers - alternate. We very much do want to work together with you guys.
    And it seems to be working very well. I have posted myself. We highly encourage bugs to be listed there for bugs with the standard Core3 for any and all players on our server.

Quote Originally Posted by dannuic View Post
    This isn't a partner program. It's licensing.
    Then, perhaps it should be a "partnering program", at least in cooperation aspects. I know from what Scurby has said in my vent that there are some here that regard this program as a "partnering" of bug reporting, submitting code to fix, bugs, etc. If we get all of us, SWGEMU and the other servers working together on 14.1 content and bug squashing, your job will go a lot faster and a lot easier. We already know that content such as post 14.1 housing should not be submitted, however Timbab is taking care of that one, so there is budding cooperation in post 14.1 content as well.
    Last edited by Esquire; 08-10-2015 at 02:32 PM.

Dedicated
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    I had never logged into another swg emu server before Awakening. While many of the people that I enjoyed playing the live game on do play on that server.. My play style doesn't permit me to play on a server which restarts that often.

I had grown bored of playing on Bas partly because my friends weren't here and partly because of over saturation of crafting players and finally not wanting to put time into a server that was going to be wiped in the long run anyway.

I understand that you guys want to have people test in your environment and think that could be the only reason for installing such a frustrating feature for people who operate other servers.. but wouldn't it be better to have people test in ANY environment instead of just quitting like I have done? I don't really expect an answer btw.. just food for thought.
    Orad
    1178 -4926 Corellia - Resources - Loot - Meds
    4228 -1364 Dantooine - Architect items - 13.7x harvs for 25k - Meds coming soon!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Really looking forward to having the 2.5hour rests removed.
    Currently near impossible to complete DWB with it active.

Nothing but good can come from this partnership! Really looking forward to this.
    Last edited by Timex1; 08-09-2015 at 08:25 PM.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    2.5 hours reset removed would be 2 thumbs up in my mind, would love to test more of that end game content like dwb to get those bugs worked out!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I would love to see it removed. It disrupts much of the flow of a game like this with a persistent environment.

Many players take this time to exit the game, even if they normally would have spent another hour grinding, or roleplaying, or farming NS in a group or any of the other myriad of activities we enjoy.

It's disruptive, plain and simple.
    Haeslich (stacker/medic)
    Mitras (MDoc)
    Celtt (dots & kites)

Retired Lead Developer
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Did you guys even read the post and the replies?

We will be pushing the engine as soon as we can, most of us are busy with RL. The release was not cancelled.

theanswer@swgemu.com | www.swgemu.com
    SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    SWGEmu FAQ | Install SWGEmu | Report Bugs

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAnswer View Post
    We will be pushing the engine as soon as we can, most of us are busy with RL. The release was not cancelled.
    TA, definitely understandable. RL always comes first. I just think after 10+ years people are somewhat anxious.
    Awakening Founder - FHEMU Developer

Play Stats
    Inactive

Read all the posts, sat and waited diligently but no sign of unrestricted engine...
    Gotta say what i guess many people are thinking that the promise of the new engine is kinda like a carrot to a donkey, get all the hard work done by others for the promise of a treat but yet allways just beyond thier grasp.
    Stop holding back and deliver on your promise, Everyone else has!
    Last edited by mikki369; 08-31-2015 at 04:22 PM.

Play Stats
    Inactive

Set a date when it will be done Deliver on that Date STOP DRAGGING THIS OUT. Takes yet a few moments to remove the timer You Know This...

And answer What do you mean most of us are busy ITs only you that we need to remove the Timer what are you talking about "most are busy with RL"

So simple just add nova TC engine to latest boom let all operators pull /latest and move on with our work . The engines closed anyways we cant fiddle around with it unless we want to violate your agreement. What are you dragging this out for your nova has no restriction and its for Testing purposes The community also needs this vastly available so we can test content that takes longer then 2.25 hours and there is content still to be added that will take longer then this to test.

Community effort man whats up with this High Horse crap .

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrax989 View Post
    Set a date when it will be done Deliver on that Date STOP DRAGGING THIS OUT. Takes yet a few moments to remove the timer You Know This...

And answer What do you mean most of us are busy ITs only you that we need to remove the Timer what are you talking about "most are busy with RL"

So simple just add nova TC engine to latest boom let all operators pull /latest and move on with our work . The engines closed anyways we cant fiddle around with it unless we want to violate your agreement. What are you dragging this out for your nova has no restriction and its for Testing purposes The community also needs this vastly available so we can test content that takes longer then 2.25 hours and there is content still to be added that will take longer then this to test.

Community effort man whats up with this High Horse crap .
    While i understand your frustration, you need to take a step back, take a deep breath and refrain from lashing out on folks you want/need something from. While I too am tired of waiting and answering random PM's and the same question over and over again with a few empty phrases, all we can do is be patient and wait. Nothing ever gets done here over night, or over 20 nights... But it gets done eventually. Please be patient, even though patience appears to be in short supply nowadays.

Thank you.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
    While i understand your frustration, you need to take a step back, take a deep breath and refrain from lashing out on folks you want/need something from. While I too am tired of waiting and answering random PM's and the same question over and over again with a few empty phrases, all we can do is be patient and wait. Nothing ever gets done here over night, or over 20 nights... But it gets done eventually. Please be patient, even though patience appears to be in short supply nowadays.

Thank you.
    While we all appreciate everything the EMU team does for the SWG community as a whole you are correct Vlada, our patience is starting to be in short supply. Can you really blame us though? From our perspective this was announced in April and everyone was happy. Then May came and went, as did June and July now August is behind us and it's been 4 months since the initial announcement. To rub salt in the proverbial wound just under a month ago we receive word, in this very thread, that this is still slated to move forward. But still nothing. Look, I get it. People are busy. No fault in that. But, you have to agree that the time this is taking with little communication is the reason our patience has worn thin. I am sure your intentions are admirable and you want what we all want: The entire community to grow, thrive and succeed no matter what server we play on. We are not beating at your door with torches and pitchforks. We just would like a real time frame we can expect the unlocked engine to be available. All of the communities are your extended family and we've been both patient and supportive in this monumental endeavor. All we ask is the same courtesy in return.

So I humbly ask...When can we realistically expect this to move forward?

Thank you.
    Maldred of the Awakening Server
    Mep Soto of the Basilisk Server
    Formally known as Suriel Meliha of Valcyn

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Suriel View Post
    So I humbly ask...When can we realistically expect this to move forward?
    And i can only give you the "standard" answer, soon™.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Hmm. I find it amazing anyone would pressure the devs on anything. None of them have to do any of this at all. Period. They brought a game back from the dead, without compensation. I'm thankful for that, and am content to satisfy myself with what is available at any given time.
    I'm certainly not going to whine about release dates.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    They use engine 5 we are only getting engine 3 unlocked they will still be better then all of the other private servers.
    Not to mention about 25 percent of that engine is mission in engine 3 compared to the engine 5 that is fully loaded with things missing in the engine 3 I was already told this and was confirmed.

Id rather have engine 5 then this unlocked engine 3 to be honest .

Correct me if im wrong bask and nova use engine 5. The dev environment uses engine 3. Private servers users use engine 3 . Unlocked new engine will be engine core 3 engine 3 unlocked not 4 or 5 ...

they still have the upper hand and always will with engine 4 and engine 5 that they are currently using that will not ever go to any of us since its closed source .

Quote Originally Posted by Oru View Post
    This is definitely a valid concern that we should have addressed a long time ago but as me and TA were always for the good of this project we never signed a contract in good faith. In fact our intention is right the opposite. We are discussing to use a later version of the engine (engine5, what a surprise :P) for the emu as well, that could enable core3 to support way more concurrent players on multiple nodes. Anyways, an unlimited lifetime license should be granted on paper so i will get to the lawyers about it.

I'm not allowed to share any project names where it is being used, but one could easily find information looking at the right places..
    Last edited by Thrax989; 08-12-2015 at 12:12 AM.

Closed Thread

Thread Information