Closed Thread
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: SWGEmu AGPL Instructions and Requirements

Play Stats
    4h last 30d
    I was really excited for the announcment of the agpl changes and the possibility of a reset free engine. I've played on and supported the swgemu project since I found out about it towards the beginning of the NGE and I've been keeping track of the progress off and on for YEARS. The possibility that a game I love could be ressurected so that all of us who love and enjoy star wars galaxies could once again play was a feeling like nothing else. When I first logged onto this game I litterally burst into tears of joy that my game was back.

The removal of the resets and collaboration of all these communites can do nothing but be a benefit to everyone as a whole, making it so that everyone can come together and get this project done that much sooner is a GOOD thing and I hope the staff over here at swgemu will see that this is needed as quickly as they are able. RL comes first of course but I'm anxiously anticipating this!

-Formerly of Bloodfin-

Founder
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    I take all the responsiblity for this. Stole TheAnswer for another project where we have a close deadline for an upcoming release and had no time to move forward with this. Don't worry the unlimited engine is still on, just need some breathe to finish it up to be released.
    Oru
    Founder

oru@swgemu.com | www.swgemu.com
    SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    SWGEmu FAQ | Install SWGEmu | Report Bugs

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Thanks for your answer Oru, maybe you should confirm to us the requests you received.
    Because, at this point, the server owners who have made a request haven't received any confirmation yet about their licence request.
    Last edited by Ameo; 08-07-2015 at 12:47 PM.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    these reset timers are a detriment to the casual player who is trying to juggle real life and a little game time. please take care of this

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Oru
    I take all the responsiblity for this. Stole TheAnswer for another project where we have a close deadline for an upcoming release and had no time to move forward with this. Don't worry the unlimited engine is still on, just need some breathe to finish it up to be released.
    Thank you for your reply Oru. I am sure Scurby also appreciates it, after being asked 2478349243 times.

Quote Originally Posted by Ameo
    Because, at this point, the server owners who have made a request haven't received any confirmation yet about their licence request.
    That is true, and even though some of the smaller servers may not make the cut at this time, I'm sure they'd like to know what is required, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Aso
    I'm hoping that the SWGEmu team follows through. There are other options for removing the timer, but I hope to stick it out with the new license change because it benefits the SWG community as a whole. I'd rather be a part of the SWGEmu community, than against it, like some other server communities.
    Awakening absolutely agrees with this! I am glad to see others, with this mindset. We also want to remain as part of the larger SWGEMU "extended" family (as a partner under the AGPL). It is sad to see other server owners who didn't honor the Engine restriction and didn't have the patience to wait for the green light (agreement and permission). I do understand the desire to have an unlocked Engine (TRUST ME... Awakening as one of the larger private servers really wants this), but to date we have honored the engine creator, in the spirit of the SWGEMU community. I guess we can only hope there is such a thing as karma.

----------

With that said, over the last year, I've lobbied very hard for a partner program with SWGEMU, in many outlets. When it was announced, it was honestly like a dream come true. Please Oru and TA, make this a reality and harness the additional support from all the other communities within SWGEMU's "extended" family. People honestly want to be part of the bigger picture, but understand, so many are so anxious to play... it's been 10+ years... that's a LONG time for folks to only "test", so I hope you guys understand (I really do). In turn, the play server communities should encourage their players to help SWGEMU with testing and direct donations. I know Awakening will... I already have an announcement prepared for this, that will be posted as top Announcement!
    Awakening Founder - FHEMU Developer

Play Stats
    Inactive
    2.5 hour restarts freakin suck. Stahp them please

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Oru View Post
    We do appreciate you taking the time to reply. As a player on the Awakening server I can tell you we support the swgemu project and our community looks for forward to every single new code publish and fix we can get to test. I know our devs and the devs over at Reckoning have been working together to try to help the project as much as they can in the small ways that they have available to them! We are so excited with the promise of the new engine.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Ameo View Post
    Thanks for your answer Oru, maybe you should confirm to us the requests you received.
    Maybe it was just us early adopters / appliers, but I received a confirmation email stating that they received my request and it was under review. I haven't heard anything since, but I wouldn't expect to if they haven't finished all the machinations on their end.

-Duff

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by duffstone
    ...I received a confirmation email stating that they received my request and it was under review. I haven't heard anything since...
    We've received the same...
    Awakening Founder - FHEMU Developer

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Welease Wodderwick!

Sorry wrong thread....

P.S.

Please get rid of the 2.5 hr reset. Its rubbish.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Oru View Post
    Thats great. I know many on Awakening have been waiting for this !!! Thanks for your work.
    Nyrus Pars
    Centurion High Council
    http://chc.enjin.com/

Play Stats
    Inactive
    hmmm just take the reset out so play can long it suck that it in there and as a player on awakening are admin are great the swg people need to get the act to gether and take the reset so us player can play

Play Stats
    Inactive
    You all stated that swg people act together Then why you dont commit your bugs back ?
    Would be a good signal to swgemu that playservers can help too.

Dedicated
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    I had never logged into another swg emu server before Awakening. While many of the people that I enjoyed playing the live game on do play on that server.. My play style doesn't permit me to play on a server which restarts that often.

I had grown bored of playing on Bas partly because my friends weren't here and partly because of over saturation of crafting players and finally not wanting to put time into a server that was going to be wiped in the long run anyway.

I understand that you guys want to have people test in your environment and think that could be the only reason for installing such a frustrating feature for people who operate other servers.. but wouldn't it be better to have people test in ANY environment instead of just quitting like I have done? I don't really expect an answer btw.. just food for thought.
    Orad
    1178 -4926 Corellia - Resources - Loot - Meds
    4228 -1364 Dantooine - Architect items - 13.7x harvs for 25k - Meds coming soon!

Inactive Developer
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by BigQEd View Post
    With that said, over the last year, I've lobbied very hard for a partner program with SWGEMU, in many outlets. When it was announced, it was honestly like a dream come true.
    This isn't a partner program. It's licensing.
    dannuic
    Inactive Core3 Developer

dannuic@swgemu.com | www.swgemu.com
    SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    SWGEmu FAQ | Install SWGEmu | Report Bugs | Development Links

Closed Thread

Thread Information