Closed Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: SWGEmu AGPL Instructions and Requirements

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Esquire View Post
    Yeah, I believe I've found a bug with the re-sets also. We've had a few harvesters that bugged on our server that players have reported a bug so an admin toon can pick it up. I have finally been able to re-create this bug and it takes opening the harvester in the 3 minutes before the server reset that is in the rollback. After server re-set, the toon trying to get into the Harvey is de-synced upon trying to interact with the harvey and requires a hard-log to be able to see the radial.
    I've noticed a few screwy things going on with with the resets. I know I've experienced some issues with the player structures database. I suspect that the new engine is causing some problems with the save near the 2.5 hour reset.

Getting this unrestricted engine is a priority for sure. I'm not trying to be "that guy", but it has been since April when this was announced and we're still waiting at this point...

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Aso View Post
    I've noticed a few screwy things going on with with the resets. I know I've experienced some issues with the player structures database. I suspect that the new engine is causing some problems with the save near the 2.5 hour reset.

Getting this unrestricted engine is a priority for sure. I'm not trying to be "that guy", but it has been since April when this was announced and we're still waiting at this point...
    Like i said, asking on forums wont change a thing. Folks that are actually in charge or have any kind of info about it, rarely ever visit forums or reply to questions here.

Lead Core Developer
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Esquire View Post
    Yeah, I believe I've found a bug with the re-sets also. We've had a few harvesters that bugged on our server that players have reported a bug so an admin toon can pick it up. I have finally been able to re-create this bug and it takes opening the harvester in the 3 minutes before the server reset that is in the rollback. After server re-set, the toon trying to get into the Harvey is de-synced upon trying to interact with the harvey and requires a hard-log to be able to see the radial.
    It's not a de-synch and it's not a bug with the server. It's a bug with the client and how it handles radial menus. We've been telling people for years to always restart your client every time the server is restarted.
    Ivojedi
    Lead Core Developer

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    ivojedi@swgemu.com | How to report bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker)

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivojedi View Post
    It's not a de-synch and it's not a bug with the server. It's a bug with the client and how it handles radial menus. We've been telling people for years to always restart your client every time the server is restarted.
    Thanks for the info. This was one that we we're not going to do anything about due to the licensing and that should make it "all better" after that anyway.

You can however, get the radial on any of the other harvys that you hadn't opened during the roll-back period without a hard log.
    Last edited by Esquire; 07-16-2015 at 02:49 AM.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Aso View Post

Strangely, Awakening has been seeing a similar issue. We have had several instances post-pub7 time frame, that seem to cause issues with the player structure database. I also believe this can be attributed to the "public" version of the engine when used in servers with high traffic.

It's been 3 months since the announcement...

Honestly, should larger servers start looking at other options? (I just want things to start moving forward)

Addicted
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by BigQEd View Post

It's been 3 months since the announcement...

Honestly, should larger servers start looking at other options? (I just want things to start moving forward)
    I would suggest you, and everyone else who has applied, continue to wait patiently.

I know for a fact that TA & Scurby have been hard at work reviewing & refining, but still---as trite as this may sound---we are all volunteers here w/ limited rl time to devote.

This entire announcement process is obviously top-priority though, so rest assured there will undoubtedly be an official comprehensive update as soon as humanly possible.

As to your 'similar server issue' : Be sure to read Ivojedi's reply above.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Applied a few days ago for SWG-Europa, I know there is no ETA, but at least, it will be good to have a confirmation to the subsciption from SWGEmu team.
    Thank you.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Since I've applied for this my server Reset 425 times in 5 months 84 times a week 12 times a day Any hope for us server owners soon ?

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I'm not a server owner, but having played (and play) on several, I hope to see the resets go away soon!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by nee2earth View Post
    I would suggest you, and everyone else who has applied, continue to wait patiently.

I know for a fact that TA & Scurby have been hard at work reviewing & refining, but still---as trite as this may sound---we are all volunteers here w/ limited rl time to devote.

This entire announcement process is obviously top-priority though, so rest assured there will undoubtedly be an official comprehensive update as soon as humanly possible.
    As others have eluded too... we have been very patient. We ask that this be moved forward. We are starting to see a loss in momentum that was gained from the announcement and a higher level of frustration over resets (especially since they were set to an absolute 2.5).

Thanks,
    Ed
    Awakening Founder - FHEMU Developer

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I am afraid that you will have to wait a bit longer for for a definitive answer.
    Lolindir
    SWGEmu Admin

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    How to report bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker) | Live Support
    Install SWGEmu | Fix SWGEmu | Submit a ticket

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolindir View Post
    I am afraid that you will have to wait a bit longer for for a definitive answer.
    Honestly, we've already had an answer. We were asked to become part of a larger group (and an understanding) in the AGPL. We are waiting for a release of an unlocked Engine, so our players can stop being tortured. It hurts the players of the SWG community as a whole... if that matters.
    Awakening Founder - FHEMU Developer

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by BigQEd View Post
    Honestly, we've already had an answer. We were asked to become part of a larger group (and an understanding) in the AGPL. We are waiting for a release of an unlocked Engine, so our players can stop being tortured. It hurts the players of the SWG community as a whole... if that matters.
    With all due respect, Ed is correct. Please stop torturing us. We, at Awakening (among other servers), have been beyond patient in waiting for the unlocked engine and the end of the dreaded 2.5 hour reset. This not only directly affects our game play but is starting to wear on our community. New people are confused and we have to continually explain what is happening. Each reset forces us to either a) stop playing up to 10 minutes prior or b) accept some type of minor rollback. How is this fair? Imagine how your player base would feel if they were subected to this.

Please let us finally play in uninterrupted peace.

Thank you.
    Maldred - A concerned Awakening player
    Last edited by Maldred_Awakening; 08-07-2015 at 01:43 AM.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    There is the foundation of something really special over at Awakening.

As Joseph Cinque screamed in the famous movie Amistad...."GIVE US FREE." and unshackle us.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I agree with the above posts. At this point, you have to wonder if this was ever really going to happen. I loved the whole idea behind the AGPL change as it would hopefully get us closer to a complete game, which benefits us all.

I'm hoping that the SWGEmu team follows through. There are other options for removing the timer, but I hope to stick it out with the new license change because it benefits the SWG community as a whole. I'd rather be a part of the SWGEmu community, than against it, like some other server communities.
    Last edited by Aso; 08-07-2015 at 04:03 AM.

Closed Thread

Thread Information