Quote Originally Posted by darth8875 View Post
So what is the issue of bad blood with Bloodfin? Apparently I am out of the loop...
Here is where my facebook post comes in to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlada
Well for start we don't really like to discuss play servers here. But I will say this, and keep in mind that I'm not talking about one specific play server here, but most of them. Not everyone likes vanilla Pre-CU, not everyone likes that we aren't adding content or fixing that they think should be fixed. Our path has been set a long time ago and SWGEmu will not stray from that path.

Play servers have various ways of attracting new community members, from adding new armors, weapons, even planets, their custom Jedi systems, x3 to x10 XP to pointing out that Basilisk will be wiped at some point (which of course everyone knows its true, even though that point is far, far away), bashing other play server staff or SWGEmu staff, calling all other servers corrupt, making up stories about CSR's doing favors for friends etc. Check reddit /r/swgemu and /r/swg or their FB pages, their forums, they are full of stuff like that.

SWGEmu doesn't bother with play servers because we still have work to do, we don't advertise, we don't talk ill of one server or the other on our forums or on social media. Usually we just delete any and all topics started about other servers because we are a development project and we need to be focused on development, nothing else. Those that don't care to help us or don't agree with the way we do things are of course always free to join other play server communities, but we don't need nor want other communities drama here.
Quote Originally Posted by darth8875 View Post
Also, is there a "idiot level" guide on how to set up a private swgemu server anywhere? Or will there be one in the future?
And here is everything you need to know about setting up our development environment: Development Documentation - *All Links and Information Inside*