Quote Originally Posted by ecip View Post
Have a curious qyestion about this, because it has me cunfused.

SWGEmu has joined with Daybreak Games Company LLC, which used to be Sony Online Entertainment LLC... i get that part. My question is this: If Sony Online owned SWG to begin with, which means Daybreak now owns the copyright for it, why would they join with a group running a reverse engineered version of a game they already own?

just curious is all.

thanks
Believe it or not Smedley is a man of his word. Granted he could have done this a decade ago, but still...

Quote Originally Posted by Smed
if someone can write a SWG server emulator that's any good please apply for a job here because you have to be pretty damn good. You also better be able to know SQL pretty well and have an oracle database and a ton of other important stuff. This emulator stuff is nothing more than a hobby for some really smart people. You don't seriously think we're worried about this do you (and I mean that in a very positive way btw)? I take it as the ultimate compliment. Now, if some genius ever actually pulled it off.. well that would be another matter entirely. In EverQuest a couple of really smart guys made something called ShowEQ which basically showed off a bunch of stuff we didn't intend for players to see. I ended up hiring the key developer of that program. He's a really smart programmer named Roy Eltham. He actually broke our encryption. He's still here.
Smed
Here: https://www.swgemu.com/archive/scrapb...2.html#M979407