Thread: Star Wars Galaxies are coming home

Hybrid View

Play Stats
    Inactive

Question about the Daybreak joining

Have a curious qyestion about this, because it has me cunfused.

SWGEmu has joined with Daybreak Games Company LLC, which used to be Sony Online Entertainment LLC... i get that part. My question is this: If Sony Online owned SWG to begin with, which means Daybreak now owns the copyright for it, why would they join with a group running a reverse engineered version of a game they already own?

just curious is all.

thanks

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by ecip View Post
    Have a curious qyestion about this, because it has me cunfused.

SWGEmu has joined with Daybreak Games Company LLC, which used to be Sony Online Entertainment LLC... i get that part. My question is this: If Sony Online owned SWG to begin with, which means Daybreak now owns the copyright for it, why would they join with a group running a reverse engineered version of a game they already own?

just curious is all.

thanks
    Believe it or not Smedley is a man of his word. Granted he could have done this a decade ago, but still...

Quote Originally Posted by Smed
    if someone can write a SWG server emulator that's any good please apply for a job here because you have to be pretty damn good. You also better be able to know SQL pretty well and have an oracle database and a ton of other important stuff. This emulator stuff is nothing more than a hobby for some really smart people. You don't seriously think we're worried about this do you (and I mean that in a very positive way btw)? I take it as the ultimate compliment. Now, if some genius ever actually pulled it off.. well that would be another matter entirely. In EverQuest a couple of really smart guys made something called ShowEQ which basically showed off a bunch of stuff we didn't intend for players to see. I ended up hiring the key developer of that program. He's a really smart programmer named Roy Eltham. He actually broke our encryption. He's still here.
    Smed
    Here: https://www.swgemu.com/archive/scrapb...2.html#M979407

Play Stats
    Inactive
    wow really?? well it seems my time with this game has come to an end in that case, I always said I would never play another game that SOE had any part in so it seems it's goodnight folks and thanks for all the fish!!!

Shenk
    Shenk - Ent, Snuffles - Smuggler/TKM/Pistols, DrSnuggles - Ranger/CH, Spock - Fencer/otherstufftonumeroustomention.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    so basicly the EMU team got offered a job? can i get my old accounts back then and 12 years worth of vet rewards.. i think you will have to make about 4 new rewards as they were never there

Play Stats
    483h last 30d
    i swear people are just Gullible sometimes..
    DARKSIED / Loboo
    Vendor Drop Off - [Relocating ATM]

Inactive Code Contributors Loc-nar's Avatar
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by travvy13 View Post
    i swear people are just Gullible sometimes..
    You're off with that part of the statement. lol
    -Locnar

Quote Originally Posted by Loc-nar
    Jedi don't ruin SWG, boot lickers and whiners ruin SWG.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    i remember my first april fools joke

Thread Information