IGNs - Halfheart-MRifle/MCM, Valanar-Crafter, Tahlria-Dancer/Musician

Play Stats
    Inactive
    DNS updated, here you are the correct URL (go and read it by yourself!):

http://goo.gl/p6AKW2
    I'm not Superman

Play Stats
    Inactive
    @elmorisco: The Little Mermaid Lyric Video on Youtube is NOT Daybreak's announce. Thats a bit lame.

However, One part of tells me that this ia Aprils fool, on the other hand. The date says 31. Mars. :/

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Copyright © 2015 Daybreak Game Company LLC (formerly Sony Online Entertainment LLC), the DGC logo, Star Wars Galaxies and Star Wars Galaxies Emulator (SWGEmu) are registered trademarks of Daybreak Game Company LLC. All rights reserved all over the website now

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Its not on our end, we notified Daybreak folks but thats pretty much all we can do on our side.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Then you can tell them its a DNS problem. www.dbgc.com does not resolve.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by ecip View Post
    Have a curious qyestion about this, because it has me cunfused.

SWGEmu has joined with Daybreak Games Company LLC, which used to be Sony Online Entertainment LLC... i get that part. My question is this: If Sony Online owned SWG to begin with, which means Daybreak now owns the copyright for it, why would they join with a group running a reverse engineered version of a game they already own?

just curious is all.

thanks
    Believe it or not Smedley is a man of his word. Granted he could have done this a decade ago, but still...

Quote Originally Posted by Smed
    if someone can write a SWG server emulator that's any good please apply for a job here because you have to be pretty damn good. You also better be able to know SQL pretty well and have an oracle database and a ton of other important stuff. This emulator stuff is nothing more than a hobby for some really smart people. You don't seriously think we're worried about this do you (and I mean that in a very positive way btw)? I take it as the ultimate compliment. Now, if some genius ever actually pulled it off.. well that would be another matter entirely. In EverQuest a couple of really smart guys made something called ShowEQ which basically showed off a bunch of stuff we didn't intend for players to see. I ended up hiring the key developer of that program. He's a really smart programmer named Roy Eltham. He actually broke our encryption. He's still here.
    Smed
    Here: https://www.swgemu.com/archive/scrapb...2.html#M979407

Play Stats
    Inactive
    just tried the link and it send me to Youtube and a little mermaid singing video

Play Stats
    Inactive
    wow really?? well it seems my time with this game has come to an end in that case, I always said I would never play another game that SOE had any part in so it seems it's goodnight folks and thanks for all the fish!!!

Shenk
    Shenk - Ent, Snuffles - Smuggler/TKM/Pistols, DrSnuggles - Ranger/CH, Spock - Fencer/otherstufftonumeroustomention.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    so basicly the EMU team got offered a job? can i get my old accounts back then and 12 years worth of vet rewards.. i think you will have to make about 4 new rewards as they were never there

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by ecip View Post
    just tried the link and it send me to Youtube and a little mermaid singing video
    He tried to pull that off in another thread as well. Should have been 13 year limit to post on the forum here.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    i swear people are just Gullible sometimes..
    DARKSIED / Loboo
    Vendor Drop Off - [Relocating ATM]

Play Stats
    Inactive
    i remember my first april fools joke

Play Stats
    Inactive
    lol well I will believe it when I see the official announcement but take into considersation of looking at the bottom of the website and noticing this
    Copyright © 2015 Daybreak Game Company LLC (formerly Sony Online Entertainment LLC), the DGC logo, Star Wars Galaxies and Star Wars Galaxies Emulator (SWGEmu) are registered trademarks of Daybreak Game Company LLC. All rights reserved.

I am no lawman but I wouldn't false information of copyright be illegal?So lets just see

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Why do I get the feeling that if it is legit, and I'm hoping for an April Fools joke, that "there goes the neighborhood" is an appropriate feeling. If legit, I'll give it a chance, but I hold little hope.

Thread Information