Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: The Abandoned Base - PvP Event - 02/28/15

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by sgtfunkadelic View Post
    Since the server crashed during the last round we will attempt to hand out badges to all the event participants who log back in at the base once Basilisk is up again (currently loading). Please log back in as soon as the server is up if you wish to receive your badge. EC staff will be at base for 30m once Basilisk is up.
    thank you so much cant wait for the next event

Retired SWGEmu Staff sgtfunkadelic's Avatar
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobyus1 View Post
    Thanks for the event.

Video will be posted on March 14th.
    Thanks for sharing to both of you, good stuff

Thank you also to everyone who participated. I'm looking forward to seeing you all at the next event, just try not to crash the server again

sgtfunkadelic
    Retired SWGEmu Staff

sgtfunkadelic@swgemu.com
    SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    How to report bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker) | Live Support
    Install SWGEmu | Fix SWGEmu | mIRC Guide | Submit a ticket

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    you forgot the best screenshot :P

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Monoxide View Post
    you forgot the best screenshot :P
    I needed to make sure the cloning facility we provided was working correctly *cough*
    sgtfunkadelic
    Retired SWGEmu Staff

sgtfunkadelic@swgemu.com

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Since the server crashed during the last round we will attempt to hand out badges to all the event participants who log back in at the base once Basilisk is up again (currently loading). Please log back in as soon as the server is up if you wish to receive your badge. EC staff will be at base for 30m once Basilisk is up.

Wait... SO does this mean because I was not able to sit around and wait for the server to come back up, I don't get the badges? Please find a way to hand them out to people who were unable to log back into the game. Or something. I had to make Real Life arrangements so that I could go to this event and was tight on time.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I had fun thanks to all involved

long live the rebellion
    Scud

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Sick event, had a ton of fun. Missed the badge tho, possible to still get it?

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by dannysmalz View Post
    Wait... SO does this mean because I was not able to sit around and wait for the server to come back up, I don't get the badges? Please find a way to hand them out to people who were unable to log back into the game. Or something. I had to make Real Life arrangements so that I could go to this event and was tight on time.
    Quote Originally Posted by zazano View Post
    Sick event, had a ton of fun. Missed the badge tho, possible to still get it?
    I'm sorry you two missed out on getting the badge once the server came back up. We did the best we could in the circumstances
    sgtfunkadelic
    Retired SWGEmu Staff

sgtfunkadelic@swgemu.com

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I'm sorry you two missed out on getting the badge once the server came back up. We did the best we could in the circumstances
    Is there no way, using evidence from screenshots/video, that badges could be retroactively granted to those that attended, yet were unable to return after the crash?

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Is there no way, using evidence from screenshots/video, that badges could be retroactively granted to those that attended, yet were unable to return after the crash?
    I'm sorry but it is what it is. It would get too complicated to award badges at this time and for us to check all the claims.

Thanks again to everyone who attended, here's another short video from the event

sgtfunkadelic
    Retired SWGEmu Staff

sgtfunkadelic@swgemu.com

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Watched the event on stream, looked pretty epic, nice event execution.
    -Kettemoor-
    -RSA-

Play Stats
    Inactive
    ahahaaaa I knew it!!!! its because all the vehicles being called out in the tower that the server crashed..nice job ruining a wonderful effort

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I'm sorry but it is what it is. It would get too complicated to award badges at this time and for us to check all the claims.
    Ouch. It would be pretty easy for me to compile a list of everyone that attended just based off of the footage I took. Then you'd only have to compare claims to that list.

I understand you don't want to accidentally give someone the badge that didn't earn it... but it just feels so... wrong... especially since the fact that the server went down was completely out of the hands of the players.

I don't want to continue to push the topic, so this will be my last post about it... but I want to be sure you understood that I wouldn't mind sifting through my own recordings to provide the list for you. It would require no work on your part.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Ouch. It would be pretty easy for me to compile a list of everyone that attended just based off of the footage I took. Then you'd only have to compare claims to that list.

I understand you don't want to accidentally give someone the badge that didn't earn it... but it just feels so... wrong... especially since the fact that the server went down was completely out of the hands of the players.

I don't want to continue to push the topic, so this will be my last post about it... but I want to be sure you understood that I wouldn't mind sifting through my own recordings to provide the list for you. It would require no work on your part.
    I appreciate your desire to help and put forth the extra effort to provide us with the lists, and yes, we fully understand you would put in the work to compile said lists for us. However, you have to recognize that even with the list we would have to respond to a number of tickets, compare a number of claims to the list, spend time tracking people online to award the badge, etc etc etc. While it may seem like a simple task, it is an additional workload on top of one existing we already have.

Unfortunately, circumstances were out of our control as well. We put forth a fair effort by sticking around considerably longer than originally anticipated and handed out badges to all that logged in after the event. I am sorry that we could not accommodate everyone. There will be plenty of opportunities for people to receive this badge in the future (pretty sure this is at least a second time we've awarded this particular one since events came back end of December).
    Weedie
    Retired SWGEmu Staff

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source project.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by weedie View Post
    I appreciate your desire to help and put forth the extra effort to provide us with the lists, and yes, we fully understand you would put in the work to compile said lists for us. However, you have to recognize that even with the list we would have to respond to a number of tickets, compare a number of claims to the list, spend time tracking people online to award the badge, etc etc etc. While it may seem like a simple task, it is an additional workload on top of one existing we already have.

Unfortunately, circumstances were out of our control as well. We put forth a fair effort by sticking around considerably longer than originally anticipated and handed out badges to all that logged in after the event. I am sorry that we could not accommodate everyone. There will be plenty of opportunities for people to receive this badge in the future (pretty sure this is at least a second time we've awarded this particular one since events came back end of December).
    Fair enough. Just wanted to make sure EC staff understood what I was proposing.

Thread Information