+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: SWGEmu End of the Year Update 2014

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by PhantomLeader View Post
    Old faces are still here too. Just watching from the shadows.
    A wild PhantomLeader appears.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Just want to say a huge thank you to the entire Dev Team on this project.

The world is too full of Firefly's... City of Heroes... Star Wars Galaxies... etc. It truly is amazing to see people preserving the true works of art that the real geeks of the world appreciated and have had to suffer watching get killed off one by one.

My hat off to each and every one of you. The feelings are more than the words can convey... it seems a simple Thank You just doesn't do those justice.

Play Stats
    Inactive

It seems like forever

I remember the first time I created an account on one of the emu forums so many years ago. It was 2006 I think, and I was missing the old game so much I could hardly stand to log into that NGE garbage. The NGE got better over time, but the lack of Teras Kasi and Jedi that didn't totally suck kept me wishing SOE had never got their back stabbing hands on it. I spent countless hours helping people come up with ideas on how to run a server, mainly event planning. I had pages of stuff wrote up that everybody was exited about. We thought we would be playing that stuff in a year or two. Honestly, if I had known then that 10 years would go by and it still wasn't finished, I would have never made a single comment. 10 years is an insane amount of time to spend fixing anything, let alone a game. Entire towns have been built in the time spent on this. I am amazed at the number of people still working so hard to make this dream come true.
    I come here once or twice a year to check on things. It seemed for a long while that no progress was being made at all, outside of a few little fixes here and there. Little did I know that much was being done that simply wasn't getting posted because it wasn't finished yet. Now I log in and read that all professions except one are in. I read that AI and other things are complete and working well. After so many years of dreaming, and thinking I would never play again, I now have hope. I only wish I could help in the programming and code writing. My hat is off to all that have worked so hard for so long to make this dream a reality. Thank you for this.
    With that said, I just wanna say: I hope I get the chance to craft again. As long as I can chase high end resources and create some of the best weapons and armor on the server, I will be a very happy gamer. I did it for years and it gave me as much satisfaction as any combat profession. Crafting is the real game. Weapons, Armor, Clothing, Food and so many other items are simply the end result of crafting. THAT, is why this is the best game ever. Any game can offer loot, but where else can you go to get a game that would be absolutely dead without crafters? NOWHERE. SWG was and still is the best game ever produced. I hope I live long enough to see this done.

Retired SWGEmu Staff
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
    We have a great team, we are drama free and we've been making some giant steps towards our goal. So its all good in SWGEmu land.
    Thats the best news I think I could have heard. So proud of you guys. I been playing some, I am enjoying myself again also. So thank you to everyone for everything.

I knew I could pull you from the darkness, how are you my old friend?
    Last edited by Lolindir; 01-26-2015 at 05:28 AM. Reason: Dobule post

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Thank you guys for working so tirelessly! You have the support of the community backing you, we're all anxious to see what happens this year 2015! /bow to the staff.

Your humble follower
    -LordSniper

Play Stats
    Inactive
    All hail this fantastic team! The excitement continues!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I am so excited that I found a group of developers that got their hands on SWG and turned it into gold. Like most here, I started playing SWG at launch and left after the patch of death; however I would love to know where the future is with SWGEMU. I have poured over the forum looking for loose time tables or possibilities for implementing such expansions like Jump to Lightspeed, or planets like Kashyyyk. I know it's still in alpha and you all have done an AMAZING job, I guess my curiosity is getting the better of me. Are we months, years away from expansions and big updates such as these?

Play Stats
    Inactive
    SINCE DAY ONE!
    Thank you all so much for your commitment, talent, and generosity.

Star wars Galaxies I'm sure gives a lot of you the same feelings, as I.
    Its bizarre, however very satisfying experiencing this universe again.
    It means a lot to a huge amount of people, even though I'm sure it isn't voiced often.

Congratulations on the success, and I am indebted for the hard work put in by you all.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Really excellent work this year guys. Impressive publishes and looking forward to the coming year. The project is really coming to fruition now.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    phant baby i miss you pls bring audune back to me

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Haha, nice. Thanks for all the vets and retirees that steered this into what it is now

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Great job, big thx!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I have been following this project since the first year it started. I remember logging in some years ago and everybody was testing at Dantooine, there were about 50 of us. So basic. We really could only spam basic attacks and most of us had red sabers cause that's about all we had lol. I lost my game discs a long time ago. I got some new ones on Ebay about 30 minutes ago. I am working on building a new desktop so I can play again. This post has put a fire under my butt. I love all of you that have worked so hard to bring this back. My dream is to have my own server and a few friends playing it with me. I will play the main server of course, and maybe check out a few others. I just love this game. I think it's the best game ever produced, and I have played a ton of games in the last 35 years

I remember when all we had was pong!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    The week before last my husband was talking about how he had read that a group of programmers were trying to get SWG back online but they hadn't made any progress. So I did my own search and found SWGEMU. I broke out my Collectors Edition and got busy installing. I played on Chilastra, our guild was < EoV > I stayed when everyone in our guild left for WoW... Eventually I left too, but SWG always had a special place in my heart. Then one day I found an odd message in my inbox from SOE inviting me back for 1 month free to try out the NGE. It was just so terrible, My prepatch gurrecks were destroyed, everything my character had worked for was gone (she was a master creature handler/rifleman). The only thing that I liked was the updated skins, other than that SOE absolutely killed one of the best games I had played.

I've been playing for only a few days and I have to say... you guys are doing a great job!

Play Stats
    Inactive

Thumbs up

Hello,

Thanks for all the efforts you have made to bring back this awesome game. I used to play SWG alot back in the day, I tested out SWGemu a while back too, but did not want to stay becouse I had a feeling it would fail and I would be dissapointed. Now seeing that the swgemu project is still going strong I am going to have to apologize for not believing in this. Awesome job guys. I will try to donate whenever I can from now on.

Signed,
    Sami Laihonen
    AKA Drakathos, Reima, Icegoo (Lowca)

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information