Thread: Publish 6: AI Strikes Back

Hybrid View

Developer
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by resurection1 View Post
    Yes, Tusken Rifles were more assuredly Kinetic Damage.
    No they weren't. We don't make these changes without evidence. You're welcome to find evidence to the contrary (14.1 evidence, not stuff from initial release), but we didn't change it "just because". You can prolly find our evidence on Mantis in a resolved ticket somewhere if you looked around.

The wording on the weapon decay line is causing confusion for some. What it's stating is that you'll no longer take the 1/5% decay on weapons that you take on armor when you return to a cloning terminal. The only decay that weapons will take are their normal "use" decay. Weapons also can no longer be insured, because they weren't insurable on live. Hence why ADK's were so popular with high end weaponry.
    Last edited by Lolindir; 11-16-2014 at 02:41 PM. Reason: Double post
    Miztah
    Developer

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    miztah@swgemu.com | How to report bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker)

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Miztah View Post
    No they weren't. We don't make these changes without evidence. You're welcome to find evidence to the contrary (14.1 evidence, not stuff from initial release), but we didn't change it "just because". You can prolly find our evidence on Mantis in a resolved ticket somewhere if you looked around.
    Yep. No one has found evidence to refute it in more than a year since the change went in. But enough about Pub 4 changes....
    Klivian
    Inactive Developer

klivian@swgemu.com
    SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    SWGEmu FAQ | Install SWGEmu | Report Bugs

Play Stats
    Inactive
    The wording on the weapon decay line is causing confusion for some. What it's stating is that you'll no longer take the 1/5% decay on weapons that you take on armor when you return to a cloning terminal. The only decay that weapons will take are their normal "use" decay. Weapons also can no longer be insured, because they weren't insurable on live. Hence why ADK's were so popular with high end weaponry.
    Thank you. I do believe you are correct that it was the wording in the patch notes that caused confusion here. Thanks for the clarification.

Play Stats
    Inactive

They weren't? Are you sure? I do seem to remember little orange [i] insurance markers on my weapons on Live. I'll have to look through my old screenshots and see if I have one of my inventory... That and weapons still decay with use, making ADKs really useful. I'm all for item decay, it keeps the player economy strong... But I do believe weapons were insurable on Live.
    Last edited by Darksmyth; 11-16-2014 at 04:01 PM.

Addicted
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Celandrias View Post
    well server is up first thing i notice the shuttle at the guild city is not working get message no shuttle nearby,
    Also firework package not working , get massage already at full capacity.
    The shuttle thing should be resolved eventually. If it persists in a couple days, once things have settled down abit w/ the 'merge' , please goto 'LIVE Support' about it first.

As to the "fireworks" issue: Be sure you are doing it correctly and then also, if you have time, check the same steps on TCNova and see if you encounter the same problem. If you do, file a detailed Mantis Bug Report about it.

------------

Quote Originally Posted by scoobert View Post
    Is /checkforcestatus still disabled?
    On Basilisk, yes.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Darksmyth View Post
    They weren't? Are you sure? I do seem to remember little orange [i] insurance markers on my weapons on Live. I'll have to look through my old screenshots and see if I have one of my inventory... That and weapons still decay with use, making ADKs really useful. I'm all for item decay, it keeps the player economy strong... But I do believe weapons were insurable on Live.
    What you "believe" is irrelevant. What you "remember" matters not. What you can prove is the only thing we care about.

Speaking of which, if you do indeed still have your PRE-CU original *screenshots* , please see this sticky thread ASAP...

https://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119372
    Last edited by nee2earth; 11-16-2014 at 04:12 PM.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by nee2earth View Post
    What you "believe" is irrelevant. What you "remember" matters not. What you can prove is the only thing we care about.

Speaking of which, if you do indeed still have your PRE-CU original *screenshots* , please see this sticky thread ASAP...

https://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119372
    I've searched through hundreds of screenies, and I stand corrected... Weapons were not insurable. Don't have to be a jerk about it.

Thread Information