Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: STM Server and Scrum

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I agree, there really is no silver bullet fix for this.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    too bad last names couldn't be more of the deciding factor so people could have the same first name...but then that would cause more possibility for errors in tells and tipping...databases don't like to have two primary keys and for some reason the first name is the primary key in the name database...

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
    STM will eventually replace Nova, like Oru said, it is currently unstable abnd that is to be exacted, but it still needs a lot of stress testing.
    I've been poking around the forums and couldn't find the answer to my question.... When will we be able to test STM? And is there anything I or anyone else in the community can do to hurry it along? Thanks.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by chaos1a1 View Post
    I've been poking around the forums and couldn't find the answer to my question.... When will we be able to test STM? And is there anything I or anyone else in the community can do to hurry it along? Thanks.
    Atm focus is on stability testing, I'm guessing we will be back to normal testing and bug reporting after STM replaces Nova, no ETA of course.

If you cant code best thing you can do is just logon STM from time to time, try various things and mess around with anything that works. If you can code, you are welcome to apply for a Dev positions.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
    Atm focus is on stability testing, I'm guessing we will be back to normal testing and bug reporting after STM replaces Nova, no ETA of course.

If you cant code best thing you can do is just logon STM from time to time, try various things and mess around with anything that works. If you can code, you are welcome to apply for a Dev positions.
    Yeah, I'm definitely NOT a coder, I'm more of the designer and trouble shooter type... lol. So I'll keep logging into STM to play around.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Sooo what is this exactly, another OR? OR-2? I left 7 months ago and it seems like you're scrapping most of what you had and starting over again... Not promising. All the developerese is starting to get to me too. Can you please just say in plain English for stupid kids like me what this means for the player base?

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackball View Post
    Sooo what is this exactly, another OR? OR-2? I left 7 months ago and it seems like you're scrapping most of what you had and starting over again... Not promising. All the developerese is starting to get to me too. Can you please just say in plain English for stupid kids like me what this means for the player base?
    No, OR code remains the same, pretty much nothing changed there. I think Oru explained it quite well...

Quote Originally Posted by Oru
    This version of the engine brought a lot of major changes in the underlying framework that Core3 is built upon. Core3 is not rewritten in any way, it mostly contains changes in Engine3 and some low level things that need to be changed in Core3. However there is no feature game logic change.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Just a minor update...

Code:
    [11:22] <%Vlada> STM characters are now saved to database?
    [11:32] <@Oru> yeah they should be saved

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Considering that Nova has been offline for 1 week 5 days 6 hours blah blah blah, and I can log in to the STM server, would I be wrong to asume that Nova has been turned off and replaced with STM?
    <RYYK>
    Not a Commando
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivojedi View Post
    Considering that I wrote the code to make it that way, yes, I'm sure.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Not yet, we will let you know when that happens.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    cool stuff

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Thanks again for the hard work guys. For those returning after a few months away I say give it a chance. Whats the worse that happens you play and find something that was here that wasn't months ago. As for how long it takes for the Devs to complete the process...well put this in perspective...it usually takes Developers 3 to 4 years to make a game working full time and overtime while these guys are doing it on their spare time...

VA, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Keep up the good work, guys! I really appreciate the fact that you guys are working hard to bring back vanilla SWG!

Wilowchehuckt - Nuo Cav - Kasz Chah - Rorwarr - Eddison Odd
    Formerly of Warriors of Kashyykk <WOK> on the Lowca server.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I logged in to the New Player Tutorial on the STM server, and it seemed pretty nice. I did encounter a few bugs, though.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Kefan Vaugn View Post
    I logged in to the New Player Tutorial on the STM server, and it seemed pretty nice. I did encounter a few bugs, though.
    yes, as did I... the tutorial is pretty awesome! And will that pesky blue frog/toad still be there?

Thread Information