+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: TC: Nova Event - Scavenger Hunt

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Awesome event! Great idea and lets have more! This way we can get the 1.0 release here quicker! Who cares if the mando armour will disappear at the next merge its fun to fly around with the jetpack! Does anyone else have a problem actually flying over obstacles?

Addicted
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Shortb0y View Post
    its fun to fly around with the jetpack! Does anyone else have a problem actually flying over obstacles?
    Exactly which type of 'obstacles' and where? (cities? terrain ? )

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by nee2earth View Post
    Exactly which type of 'obstacles' and where? (cities? terrain ? )
    Bloody hell Nee your quick! I will test it when I can may have just been a bounce off things, lag by the camp today or rubber banding... It is fun flying around though

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Happy I could participate in the event, even if I couldn't stay till the end to turn in my tamed pets. Still, great work Dev Team and it was a nice gathering at the doors of Coronet.

I also reported this as a bug on Mantis, but I am curious, if others experienced same.... for me, Mask Scent and planet specific camouflage (conceal) broke quite easily, even on minor vicious mobs, like carzed robas or dung mite workers. I tried my luck on Talus during the hunting event and for sure, Talus is not the top end planet when it comes to rarity or ferocity of animals. So I would have expected to run around with just mask scent all day, without being sniffed out by a single beast. I remember the days when I just had 4x4x scout adding to my MCH skills and ran around on Dathomir, Yavin or Endor, and tamed all the vicious beasts without being sniffed out too often, most time mask scnet just broke, cause the tamed creature aggroed. Used a Master Ranger setup with +100/+125 to Mask Scent, but I received aggro with same chance, if I used mask scent/conceal or just walked in without any camouflage up...

... so what was your experience?

Retired SWGEmu Staff sgtfunkadelic's Avatar
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by BatchElder69 View Post
    Well pooop .... hehehe did all this with out thinking to look at the droid boards.... posted on there also, my bad
    Sorry to hear that, thanks for making the effort

Quote Originally Posted by Onilwyn View Post
    My guildies that made it had fun and they've been talking about it in guild chat.
    Thanks again for getting your guild involved

Quote Originally Posted by Boredfan1 View Post
    I tried to make it but I woke up late like 3pm my time late because I hadn't gone to sleep til 6am so I couldn't get there in time. :l
    We'll see you next time, sorry you missed out
    sgtfunkadelic
    Retired SWGEmu Staff

sgtfunkadelic@swgemu.com
    SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    How to report bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker) | Live Support
    Install SWGEmu | Fix SWGEmu | mIRC Guide | Submit a ticket

Developer
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by black-eye View Post
    Happy I could participate in the event, even if I couldn't stay till the end to turn in my tamed pets. Still, great work Dev Team and it was a nice gathering at the doors of Coronet.

I also reported this as a bug on Mantis, but I am curious, if others experienced same.... for me, Mask Scent and planet specific camouflage (conceal) broke quite easily, even on minor vicious mobs, like carzed robas or dung mite workers. I tried my luck on Talus during the hunting event and for sure, Talus is not the top end planet when it comes to rarity or ferocity of animals. So I would have expected to run around with just mask scent all day, without being sniffed out by a single beast. I remember the days when I just had 4x4x scout adding to my MCH skills and ran around on Dathomir, Yavin or Endor, and tamed all the vicious beasts without being sniffed out too often, most time mask scnet just broke, cause the tamed creature aggroed. Used a Master Ranger setup with +100/+125 to Mask Scent, but I received aggro with same chance, if I used mask scent/conceal or just walked in without any camouflage up...

... so what was your experience?
    Indeed, it has been reported. Mask scent was just recently implemented so it still needs a bit of tweaking.
    Miztah
    Developer

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    miztah@swgemu.com | How to report bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker)

Play Stats
    680h last 30d
    Glad to see the Jetpack brought live is the preCU one (Mitrinomon Z-6) and not the NGE' Trading card game one (Merr-Sonn JT-12) that was used for the event annoucement on first page.
    https://tinyurl.com/4mbn92a3
    DROP /way corellia -454, 0, -5454
    Paintings Guide - POI Badge Guide

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I did Dathomir, Master Ranger and MCH, I had a lot of trouble with mask scent and camo sticking to rancor level creatures. I did notice it worked more reliably on lower CL, but I also started crawling prone into aggro range because I remembered doing that back in the day. I don't know if this helped or it was because I started finding lower level creatures to tame. Either way, I stuck with the method, but I still struggled to know if I should have tried stacking mask scent and camo, or if one replaced the other (as it seems to by the nose icon?) and I don't know which skill was applying its skill modifiers.

Thanks for the event! I'm happy to attend more or test whatever specifics.
    Thril Summoner - Master Creature Handler & Ranger

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I made a Wookie CH (HarryHenderson that I had in live) for giggles. Did the Master CH, Rifleman, and Ranger xx3x. Wore no armor at all, and with that build was unable to use the camo kits, but tried it out and didn't really have a problem. Mask scent was more than enough with Rifle's Concealment to keep me unseen by the momma's and the papa's, only issue was when I failed a tame and they all agro'd, which is sort of "working as intended" in my belief.

So well done on that aspect. Results:

3 Baby Grauls (30)
    2 Baby Quenkers (23)
    1 Baby Huurton Howler (25)
    1 Baby Huurton Stalker (33)
    1 Baby Thune (26)

Throughout it felt very similar to how it did in live with taming, as in the number of fails compared to successes when Baby-taming, as well as how often Mask Scent was effective at hiding a player without food. I also liked the movement of the mob AI, as in how they would walk around in a random pathing, that was a nifty addition.

I didn't get a chance in the time to really give a go with the BE tissues, but all in all I'd say a job very well done, I enjoyed it.

Edited to Add: Was the combo of Rifleman's "Take Cover" ability as well as "Sneak" from x3xx that I think gave me a really good advantage, misspoke on Conceal, though Conceal shots did help a lot pulling babies out of the middle of the packs without agro'ing those nearby, same as I used to do in Live.
    Last edited by Willbonney; 10-06-2014 at 05:53 AM.

Addicted
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Miztah View Post
    Indeed, it has been reported. Mask scent was just recently implemented so it still needs a bit of tweaking.
    QFE and for anyone interested:

Here is the most recent corresponding Mantis Report...

https://www.swgemu.com/bugs/view.php?id=5599

... Please be sure to read my note (and links therein) very carefully before posting your own.

Thanks again to all those who attended the *Event*.

Play Stats
    Inactive

Pet commands

this may have been answered before but i'm gonna ask again. what is the progress on all the pet commands. went in alittle early to get the hang of taming and i noticed that alot of the commands weren't working.

been scouring the road map for hours and haven't found mention yet.
    Last edited by RiPCorD5A1; 10-06-2014 at 07:39 PM.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by RiPCorD5A1 View Post
    this may have been answered before but i'm gonna ask again. what is the progress on all the pet commands. went in alittle early to get the hang of taming and i noticed that alot of the commands weren't working.
    Check the Creature Handler forum it's all explained there 😄 Basic commands are in and the rest are coming...

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Currently testing a bit on Nova, and indeed what I am seeing is when you Mask Scent all by itself, no camo kit, it lasts 4minutes and 20 seconds with the Master Scout skill modifiers. However, if you use Mask Scent and then immidiately use a camo kit (Conceal) the "Aroma Scent" buff lasted 2 minutes, and when that two minutes expires it also removes the icon next to you character that you are "Mask Scent"ed as well as telling you that you are no longer concealed. In the combat log it doesn't actually say you are the "Mask Scent" is done, but it definitely removed the icon. It will then give you the message after the full 4:20 that Mask Scent has worn off, or when you Agro a mob, whichever happens first.

It seems to me that the "Aroma Scent" buff wearing off is removing the Mask Scent status as well. Will repost this in the bug reports.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information