Closed Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: SWGEmu half-year financial report (first half of 2014)

Play Stats
    Inactive
    So much drama in this thread :/

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I'm a web developer working on an SWG EMU fan site. In fact I've been a fan of SWG since beta over a decade ago. Even rode it through the NGE virus, and play EMU today. On my site, I periodically update a linked graphic on the home page that shows the monthly contribution totals as a percent of costs. Many in this thread have said players should pay. I feel so strongly about that that I do two things besides showing that graphic.

SWG-EMU is on my billpay schedule with automatic monthly payments. The second is I'm often campaigning in the game and within the guild with the phrase, if you've played this game for more than a month, you should contribute. I've even pointed out, "How greedy are we if we can accept the product of the dev team to our pleasure, then not reciprocate. Does anyone really think it's ok to enjoy the game and allow the volunteer devs to also cough up the cash and time to run the servers?"

Clearly there are such people, and I don't want to know them. But I keep trying with that message because I believe that there are many who just aren't aware. I, and my guildies, are seeking to change that.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I saw those numbers, and I can believe it...even at the height, Chilastra never seemed to be all that populated. Unlike Sony and Blizzard, you guys at least seem to listen to the majority of the fanbase and make plans accordingly. My wife just told me that you are making CH happen, so kudos there. It's been long awaited, and part of why I gave it up for a while.

If somebody reading this is trying to decide whether or not to donate, then consider this: We have been forced to give so much to big companies like SOE, Blizzard, NCSoft, and the like for games that promised much and failed to deliver, but still charged us $15-$20 a month to figure out that this polished turd would never deliver, and was just roping us in for another ride on the corporate baloney pole. Isn't a homegrown, fan-oriented service like SWGEMU that asks for nothing but our patience (since it's all VOLUNTEER) and the occasional donation of a UNSPECIFIED amount worth a little of our charity?

In short, YES! If communities like this fail to support themselves, where will you be down the road when no new communities like this spring up? Riding the baloney pole, that's where.

I'm off to chip in $10 bucks. You guys should give what you can... $1.00 is still 0.83 (after paypal fees) in the right direction.

-Dan

P.S. Guys, Put a Donate button at the top of the home page, I'm too lazy to hunt for it! (I found it at the top of the Forums page!)
    Last edited by Tetnikruune; 11-29-2014 at 11:20 AM.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Tetnikruune View Post
    If somebody reading this is trying to decide whether or not to donate, then consider this: We have been forced to give so much to big companies like SOE, Blizzard, NCSoft, and the like for games that promised much and failed to deliver, but still charged us $15-$20 a month to figure out that this polished turd would never deliver, and was just roping us in for another ride on the corporate baloney pole. Isn't a homegrown, fan-oriented service like SWGEMU that asks for nothing but our patience (since it's all VOLUNTEER) and the occasional donation of a UNSPECIFIED amount worth a little of our charity?
    Big companies don't care about player base, they only care about money and profit. This project what we have here is unique and we should all be proud of it, not just the devs but the players also.

Play Stats
    Inactive

Old Server

ID: 13 - Name: Tempest - IP: 199.108.7.148 - PortA: 44463 - PortB: 44462 - Population: 0457

Ah Tempest fond fond memories there.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    It's been a while since I've checked in on the project but I started back up a couple weeks ago. I love the progress that's being made

Mad props to the devs & community leaders who are able to deal with people complaining that stuff isn't the way they want it, or parts certain parts aren't done yet -- especially when those complaining haven't even donated a dime.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I think the progress and updates have been fantastic. I don't understand any complaining ... we could have nothing at all. Thanks to everyone involved for all that you do.
    Last edited by gregjam; 11-30-2014 at 03:33 AM.
    WISKY!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by zabrakwith View Post
    I just don't want to be a grandpa by the time things are "done"
    I'm already in grandma mode, if and when my son gets busy (he's 34 for crying out loud), and would really like to live long enough to see the permanent server/game. That's why I donate on a monthly basis thinking that this will help speed up things a bit, lol. Also watching my diet to ensure I'm going to live a long and happy life playing SWG into my dotage.
    That's Ma'am to you shorty! I like my males tall, hairy, old and grumpy!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Merigold View Post
    I'm already in grandma mode, if and when my son gets busy (he's 34 for crying out loud), and would really like to live long enough to see the permanent server/game. That's why I donate on a monthly basis thinking that this will help speed up things a bit, lol. Also watching my diet to ensure I'm going to live a long and happy life playing SWG into my dotage.
    You are awesome.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    i dont get it, didn't ****** buy LucasArts AFTER this game was killed?
    i know nothing about copyrights but they JUSt bought LucasArts a couple years ago?
    SWG was abandoned?
    i need coffee.....

Play Stats
    Inactive
    the Devs and this community is the only SWG i have ever gotten to play.
    i had friends payin the 15 a month to SOE back in 04-05,and watched them play on the live servers.
    i even got to see SOE stab themselves in the foot with the CU/NGE update,watching my full temp BH buddy log in and see all his hard work get pissed on. he uninstalled the game and never looked back.this friend is the one who introduced me to SWGemu and the fun to be had here. i would donate to help support this project but the bottom line is i can not afford even to lose 10 a month. yes things are that tight,when my situation changes then iwill happily dontate to the project. before the first wipe way back when i had full temp combat medic and had a blast with it,am building again on basilisk. just wanted to thank the people involved,the devs and the players...you guys are AWESOME!!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiva007 View Post
    i dont get it, didn't ****** buy LucasArts AFTER this game was killed?
    i know nothing about copyrights but they JUSt bought LucasArts a couple years ago?
    SWG was abandoned?
    i need coffee.....
    Yes they bought it and nothing is/was abandoned.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
    Yes they bought it and nothing is/was abandoned.
    I am so glad you folks didn't abandon it
    .../salute!
    Thanks to the DEVs and all the contributors!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDax View Post
    I am so glad you folks didn't abandon it
    .../salute!
    So you are here aswell?

(dayzrp member here, assuming you are the same dax)

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Javier1994 View Post
    4k leftin june?i realy dont want to know the account balance now,this is not good...i'm realy realy scared of the day when the paypal account will be empty,unfortunately i cant donate,i already got a ****y salary at mcdonald's and not planing to work more then a month because 6 hours i have to spend at work and another 5-7 at academy,so basicly i barely got time to sleep,i'm sorry.I realy can't.
    If everyone with an attitude like this gave up a cup of coffee, and donated just $5, the games finances would be rocking. Thats 45min salary for a McD worker.

Closed Thread

Thread Information