Closed Thread

Thread: SWGEmu half-year financial report (first half of 2014)

Hybrid View

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Sorry, i missed the we dont care about your opinions thread. I just have to ask a question then i will leave and not post my "opinions" anymore. Why do all of this? Once the game is at 14.1, will you be giving the code out as open source or will it go to the hands of the next set of programming elitists?

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by alix View Post
    Sorry, i missed the we dont care about your opinions thread. I just have to ask a question then i will leave and not post my "opinions" anymore. Why do all of this? Once the game is at 14.1, will you be giving the code out as open source or will it go to the hands of the next set of programming elitists?
    It will go to anyone who wants it.

Our goals are not up for debate. This is a development project, we never claimed it was anything but that. We are not hosting servers for anyone's amusement, they are our development tools and they serve a purpose, if donations run out we will simply shut down Basilisk and continue running Nova if we can. In the end, none of this "shiny" stuff is necessary. Team can host their internal test server, we can make it invite only and development will go on until project goals are met. Of course we wont be able to stress test our code but i guess we can worry about it at some later date, or just let future server admins Beta and stress test it on their own. They are the ones that will be maintaining servers and taking care of updates after 1.0 is released anyway.

So if you want to share your opinion on anything post 1.0 related, feel free to do so in Future server ideas and maybe folks that will be hosting servers post 1.0 will take under advisement. If you want to help us finish what we started, start coding or just log on to TC: Nova and start testing and reporting bugs. Or if you just want to play, you can do that to. But please, don't waste our time with stuff that is not important for this project in this stage of development.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Thank you Vlada for giving a genuine response. I agree with everything you said and appreciate you taking the time to explain it with out being a smart ace. I respect whom ever is part of the roject and i thank you for that.

Closed Thread

Thread Information