Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Logon server offline 05/31/14

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Thank you, wish I would have seen this thread earlier! New to SWGemu and appreciate the work.

Dedicated
    Play Stats
    686h last 30d
    Been a busy couple of days and so I've been out of the game and now this. I'll be paying through the nose just to reclaim my harvs!

Thanks for the heads up, Vlada!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Vlada is not, to my awareness, located in Spain. If he is anything related to his name Vlada, he is Russian or comes from the general area involved. But I have heard the Spain myth also, but Vlada has his picture in the sarlaac pit and does not look to be a Spaniard. The name Vlada could also be Eastern European. But I am no expert on Vlada and we shouldnt spread gossip about a person who spends so much of his time helping us when he does not have to.

In any case, Vlada is not in charge of the servers. Vlada is in charge of the forums. TheAnswer is in charge of the servers, and from what I have heard he is in the UK or someplace similar. I do not *think* he is a Spaniard either, though I know some people from Spain are members of our community. But again, gossip is bad about people who want to help us.

Last, there is nothing wrong with being from Spain, even if either of them were.

Thank you both for everything you do.
    Last edited by isakcom; 06-01-2014 at 02:44 AM.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by jagerpanzer View Post
    Appreciate the response, and thank you for all of your hard work!

Any way we can dispel the "guy in Spain" myth while we're at it?
    Under the General Discussion tab for the forums, there is a Bas hometown pics thread...and Vlada has a picture there that was posted in November.
    Onilwyn
    Guild leader of -nWo- and Mayor of Emberlene, Naboo

SWGEmu Retired Forum Moderator Ellyssia's Avatar
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by isakcom View Post
    Vlada is not, to my awareness, located in Spain. If he is anything related to his name Vlada, he is Russian or comes from the general area involved. But I have heard the Spain myth also, but Vlada has his picture in the sarlaac pit and does not look to be a Spaniard. The name Vlada could also be Eastern European. But I am no expert on Vlada and we shouldnt spread gossip about a person who spends so much of his time helping us when he does not have to.

In any case, Vlada is not in charge of the servers. Vlada is in charge of the forums. TheAnswer is in charge of the servers, and from what I have heard he is in the UK or someplace similar. I do not *think* he is a Spaniard either, though I know some people from Spain are members of our community. But again, gossip is bad about people who want to help us.

Last, there is nothing wrong with being from Spain, even if either of them were.

Thank you both for everything you do.
    TA is indeed in Spain. If he's a native Spaniard I do not know, but he does live there.
    Ellyssia
    Forum Moderator

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    How to report bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker) | Live Support
    Install SWGEmu | Fix SWGEmu | Submit a ticket

Play Stats
    1h last 30d
    It hurts us precious....

SWGEmu Retired Community Relations bigevil's Avatar
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellyssia View Post
    TA is indeed in Spain. If he's a native Spaniard I do not know, but he does live there.
    Much to the chagrin of many, TA's analysis of any server issues are far more important that a quick restart. Stability is the key in the long run, and his review of material leading to server instabilities sometimes requires time. Sry.

Alpha.
    Retired Community Relations

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    Is what I am doing in the game wrong? How do I know? If in doubt, contact Staff.

SWGEmu Guides and Helpful Links / complaint@swgemu.com for violations or complaints / LIVE Support

Play Stats
    1h last 30d
    We totally understand.

But, given the opportunity for cringe-worthy Lord of the Rings references...

Gotta do it.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Guess I'll do some reading until the server comes back up. A Song of Ice and Fire should keep me entertained.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    With the problem being based with the host in Dallas. I am not thinking we will see a quick fix, it being the weekend and all.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Yeah, its outta our guys hands unfortunately hun... its their internet service providers, not anything the team here has done by the looks of it.

Basilisk and Nova are working perfectly, I was one of the people that didn't get kicked when the login server went down. All of our stuff is still there, although someone told me Basilisk did later get knocked offline. Servers are fine don't worry, whats broke is what lets us get into them. It isn't broke, its just locked on the ISP's end.

To my understanding anyway.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by VE_Strange View Post
    With the problem being based with the host in Dallas. I am not thinking we will see a quick fix, it being the weekend and all.
    Not completely true...depending on who the host is of the cloud server, many companies have dedicated on call staff to fix issues and perform maintenance.
    Onilwyn
    Guild leader of -nWo- and Mayor of Emberlene, Naboo

Play Stats
    Inactive
    gez. i didnt even know all this was going down. I logged off just now because a mob wouldnt stop chassing me for over 7km to find out I cant log back in!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Onilwyn View Post
    Not completely true...depending on who the host is of the cloud server, many companies have dedicated on call staff to fix issues and perform maintenance.
    Living in Texas, not even four hours away from the hole that make the Pit here on the forums looks like a wonderful day in the neighborhood, and as one who uses other services with their offices and such based in said armpit (armpit being my name for Dallas ). I am just going by experience... Although with Bas, actually being deadlocked right now, I will try to be optimistic and pray for TA to flip the switch when he gets started tomorrow

Play Stats
    457h last 30d
    Bas is up and running at this very moment. I don't know where you got deadlocked from...
    IGNs: Keiryelle / J'ack
    Dropoff: -4747, -1740 Corellia

Closed Thread

Thread Information