+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: SWGEmu half-year financial report (second half of 2013)

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by civic_tiger View Post
    Okay.. so I did some math and some of the numbers of december are incorrect.. Again..

December:
    Previous Balance from November = $6121.68
    + December donations: $2,997.88.
    -
    PayPal fees = $175.12
    K&H Bank = $2,293.00
    Hosting Services, Inc = $226.15
    FDC Servers.net, LLC = $199.00
    Hosting Services, Inc = $147.38
    Softlayer = $1595.34
    TOTAL EXPENSES = $4,635.99
    December had a total shortfall of $1638.11 with a final PayPal account balance of $4,438.57

THE ACTUAL AMOUNT IS: $4,483.57 ($50 DIFFERENCE IN LOSS)
    Looks like a typo between the 8 and 3 numbers being switched around. Should make sure the PayPal balance actually reads the exact amount of the forecast at each month.
    That's a typo.

Assembla, Inc prices also do not match up to the listed expenses across multiple months. The prices are always different (usually ranging from $19 to $60) but none of those numbers match up to the listed prices at their web site, https://www.assembla.com/plans
    We had some problems with Assembla, and they took everything of ours down and wanted to delete it. We no longer use it but i think we are just paying them not to delete or data or something. TheAnswer and Oru should know more.

Softlayer's prices are $754.29/mo. This is their capped amount for their Virtual Servers. Providing that Bas and Nova are both using the same capped limited (although idk why Nova would need as much storage as Bas), the total amount is equal to: $1508.58/mo. A difference is loss of $89.76 in December and an even bigger difference in loss of $242.62 in August.
    http://www.softlayer.com/virtual-servers (drag all 3 sliders to the right, the max amount (for a massive machine) is $754.29/mo.
    We are not useing virtual servers we are suing actual servers customized for our needs. And Bas and Nova are on very different boxes and hosted by different companies. You can find their specs here: https://www.swgemu.com/forums/content.php?r=359 You will also notice that Bas has a bandwidth limit, going over it (which we do all the time) brings additional costs.

The K&H Bank (part of the K&H group) also does not list a lawyer section of their group? Is this some how internal or have you just put the lawyer fee's and bank fee's into the same category? (idk why you'd do that)
    https://ebank.khb.hu/publish/kh/en/kh_group.html
    Is just a bank, funds are moved there so we can pay lawyers, accountants and NPO fees in Hungary in HUF.

PayPal fee's also do not add up. The not-for-profit fee is 1.4%, a reduced amount from the standard 3.4% fee. The December's amount of $2,997.88 for example, equals to $41.96 @ 1.4%. Assuming that 300 people donated, a further $20 is added from the static fee. This means there is a difference in loss of an estimated $101.
    Here is a capture of the last few... And its not 1.4%... nor is it 3.4%. For some reason they vary.

It weird actually. for $20 first fee is $1.08 and then its $1.06.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Vlada ; what specs are you asking for in a server rack? Might be able to help out, currently working on setting up a game host at my RL Company shop (computercity.dk) can't make too many promises yet since The idea lies on the board's desk as we speak
    Last edited by ZIKKE; 04-21-2014 at 03:50 PM. Reason: Typos - stupid phone meets skinny fingers
    Drop off vendor Located: 3169 -6978 Tatooine (Free sands)

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I believe its not the server itself that is the biggest challenge, but to have enough bandwidth on the line connected to it.
    Lolindir
    SWGEmu Admin

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    How to report bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker) | Live Support
    Install SWGEmu | Fix SWGEmu | Submit a ticket

Play Stats
    Inactive
    My store have a 100/100Mbit Line that we hardly use. Im sure if The goes trough The bandwidth is not an issue

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Ill point that out to TA and Oru.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    The board's will discuss it some time next week, (when ALL this Easter joke is gone by)

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Thank you for the detailed responce Vlada.
    I meant no disrespect in trust to the emu project - I was just curious about where the money was going. I wouldn't want all of this work to be thrown away for just a small error.

I'll be making another small donation right now

Civic's Loot House: 972 -5628 (1.35k SE Coronet Starport)

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Like i said before, i alway ask other leaders to check the numbers for me but i guess that stuff is so boring they never do.

Oh and thanks for bringing this up, it turns out that prices at Softlayer have dropped a bit in the last few months so we will try to renegotiate a better price with them in the next few days.
    Last edited by Vlada; 04-22-2014 at 11:56 AM.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by phr0stbyt3 View Post
    Paypal accepting bitcoins will never happen. If you sign up for a coinbase merchant account they convert the BTC to USD immediately so that you're not at any risk of the price fluctuating; their fees are a whopping 1%. I'll start the donation rally and pledge $150 for a Bitcoin donation button.
    I'll pledge an additional $50 if they add it. I'm not posative but I don't think it costs anything to use the Coinbase service for merchants. They are just charged 1% of any monies received that are transfered out of the account. So if you have donations converted to your local currency and then transfered to your bank, the 1% would be taken from that amount.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I will happily give you guys a box, on an unmetered gig port... I offered it and never got a reply.
    Xion Armory @ SCM
    Xion Pharmacy Coming back shortly...
    Drop Off: 5020 -752 Talus

Play Stats
    Inactive
    As soon as I get paid, I intend to donate. I finally have my SWG back, and I want to contribute to show appreciation.

Retired Lead Developer
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by bdwarr6 View Post
    I will happily give you guys a box, on an unmetered gig port... I offered it and never got a reply.
    We can't accept offers like that, the DB would be on your server. That is not an option.

theanswer@swgemu.com | www.swgemu.com
    SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    SWGEmu FAQ | Install SWGEmu | Report Bugs

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
    We will, as soon as Paypal starts accepting them (bitcoin).
    that line makes no sense.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Pentix View Post
    that line makes no sense.
    What exactly doesn't make sense?

That you can only donate trough paypal or that paypal doesn't accept cryptocurrency or even recognize cryptocurrency as a real currency? Or maybe that people can not donate bitcoins (or other crypto coins) because paypal doesn't accept them?

Seriously, what part doesn't make sense?

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
    What exactly doesn't make sense?
    since you said you will accept bitcoin when paypal does, you suggest that you want people to donate bitcoin using paypal. the entire purpose of bitcoin is to send money without using a third party. should i write more?

i'm not going to talk about the subject of "real currency". it can be traded for USD and that's all that matters.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information