+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: SWGEmu half-year financial report (second half of 2013)

Play Stats
    Inactive
    editted

Alright I retract my kickstarter comment, should have looked more at the forums.
    But there's got to be a way to get it to the masses better than what currently is, ill look into somethings and get back
    Last edited by zipito06; 03-26-2014 at 08:42 PM.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    We are not making a new game, we can not use kickstarter. Please use search, we explained this, in detal bazillion times.

We appreciete the concern and we thenk you for the suggestion, but what we have now is what it is. We cant force people to donate, nor will we beg for money. Development will go on no matter what.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    No, think we will keep on the way we are doing. If some one start to get money out of this, in what ever clever way it is, we might attract attention and we do not want that.
    Lolindir
    SWGEmu Admin

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    How to report bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker) | Live Support
    Install SWGEmu | Fix SWGEmu | Submit a ticket

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolindir View Post
    No, think we will keep on the way we are doing. If some one start to get money out of this, in what ever clever way it is, we might attract attention and we do not want that.
    Smartest thing I have read. Props Lolinir.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Love the progress, just donated

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Keep up the good work! I appreciate the opportunity to play while the emu is in development. I just donated again. Cheers!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Any thought of doing a kickstarter?
    lots of people donate to them,

you can even setup in-game items for contributions such as houses, armor, weapons, ect based on donation amount.

kinda like giving them a reward for donation (i know all your hard work should be enough but we live in a greedy society lol) but not one that would alter the playing field too much (no pay to win models)

SWGEmu Retired Forum Moderator Ellyssia's Avatar
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrow View Post

you can even setup in-game items for contributions such as houses, armor, weapons, ect based on donation amount.

kinda like giving them a reward for donation (i know all your hard work should be enough but we live in a greedy society lol) but not one that would alter the playing field too much (no pay to win models)
    As has been stated numerous times before... This will never happen.
    Ellyssia
    Forum Moderator

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    How to report bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker) | Live Support
    Install SWGEmu | Fix SWGEmu | Submit a ticket

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrow View Post

Same page, 7 posts up.^^

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by eci1 View Post
    I'm passing the word to my guild with advice to pass it along to their other friends. That declining balance needs to be fixed, especially if we have any serious correspondence with ******. I'm broke and yet I contribute every month, others with jobs and the like should easily do so, and I'd bet many haven't even thought about it. This is a truly awesome effort being carried successfully by some really great and dedicated folk. Those of us who enjoy the fruits of that effort should well be able to keep up with expenses.
    Like Vlada said, the only cause of the downward spiral is the lawyer fees. That's not a reason not to donate but a simple yes or no from ****** could solve our financial issue.

Play Stats
    4h last 30d
    Quote Originally Posted by Crisiss View Post
    Like Vlada said, the only cause of the downward spiral is the lawyer fees. That's not a reason not to donate but a simple yes or no from ****** could solve our financial issue.
    Big companies are like big government. When they see something they want to get rid of they generally play the financial game with them, which is letting things take as long as possible until the other party runs out of money and can't win.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    So why dont we play like there is no more money and force their hand while there is still a little money left to use? Its going to happen eventually anyway. Why wait till its all gone? Like Vlada said, "Development will go on no matter what." Stop playing their game. If they dont like something they'll come to you. Why burn the purse in the meantime?

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacknights View Post
    So why dont we play like there is no more money and force their hand while there is still a little money left to use? Its going to happen eventually anyway. Why wait till its all gone? Like Vlada said, "Development will go on no matter what." Stop playing their game. If they dont like something they'll come to you. Why burn the purse in the meantime?
    Force whose hand? ******'s?

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Okay.. so I did some math and some of the numbers of december are incorrect.. Again..

December:
    Previous Balance from November = $6121.68
    + December donations: $2,997.88.
    -
    PayPal fees = $175.12
    K&H Bank = $2,293.00
    Hosting Services, Inc = $226.15
    FDC Servers.net, LLC = $199.00
    Hosting Services, Inc = $147.38
    Softlayer = $1595.34
    TOTAL EXPENSES = $4,635.99
    December had a total shortfall of $1638.11 with a final PayPal account balance of $4,438.57

THE ACTUAL AMOUNT IS: $4,483.57 ($50 DIFFERENCE IN LOSS)
    Looks like a typo between the 8 and 3 numbers being switched around. Should make sure the PayPal balance actually reads the exact amount of the forecast at each month..

----
    Assembla, Inc prices also do not match up to the listed expenses across multiple months. The prices are always different (usually ranging from $19 to $60) but none of those numbers match up to the listed prices at their web site, https://www.assembla.com/plans

----
    Softlayer's prices are $754.29/mo. This is their capped amount for their Virtual Servers. Providing that Bas and Nova are both using the same capped limited (although idk why Nova would need as much storage as Bas), the total amount is equal to: $1508.58/mo. A difference is loss of $89.76 in December and an even bigger difference in loss of $242.62 in August.
    http://www.softlayer.com/virtual-servers (drag all 3 sliders to the right, the max amount (for a massive machine) is $754.29/mo.

----
    The K&H Bank (part of the K&H group) also does not list a lawyer section of their group? Is this some how internal or have you just put the lawyer fee's and bank fee's into the same category? (idk why you'd do that)
    https://ebank.khb.hu/publish/kh/en/kh_group.html

----
    PayPal fee's also do not add up. The not-for-profit fee is 1.4%, a reduced amount from the standard 3.4% fee. The December's amount of $2,997.88 for example, equals to $41.96 @ 1.4%. Assuming that 300 people donated, a further $20 is added from the static fee. This means there is a difference in loss of an estimated $101.

In the month of November alone there is a loss in difference of:
    $132.62 via Softlayer
    $101 from PayPal Fees
    $10 from Assembla, Inc (assuming that the prices is based on the $49/month model.. although the prices is sometimes shown as $19 but never rises over $60)

Sorry for the assumptions/questions, I am just interested in how the money is being spent.
    My friend told me about a group of people who made money from lying about their donations on an emulator of the game 'Dark Age Of Camelot'. He knew the dev personally and contributed some of the code. The devs were making over $1,000 each per month. They didn't sleep much but for the short time that they were making money, they didn't care. They got paid to get experience to then use the experience to apply for jobs - win, win.
    I am not making bold accusations. I am just curious, that is all.
    Last edited by civic_tiger; 04-21-2014 at 02:34 PM.

Civic's Loot House: 972 -5628 (1.35k SE Coronet Starport)

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    You have a lot of free time on your hands... But I think it was just a typo.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information