+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9

Thread: SWGEmu half-year financial report (second half of 2013)

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolindir View Post
    What update would that be? Its not like we have a running connections with them.
    I just remember reading that you're awaiting them to respond to whether they'll be honoring the agreement made prior to their acquisition of Star Wars.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
    Nope. Aside from that generic semi-automated response "We will get back to you", nothing.
    Too bad. I hope all goes well and smoothly with that. Lately they've taken a "let it run it's course" stand on IP's.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I'm cautiously optimistic that ****** will realize that taking down the Emu will cause them more harm than good. First of all, this project is supported by a very niche group of players who are either Star Wars fans or just die-hard pre-CU players. Presumably, many here would be willing to fork over money to ****** to try new Star Wars games or even for other Star Wars merchandise. Also, while we are a very small community in the eyes of a behemoth like ******, hopefully they realize that needlessly crushing SWGEmu would ensure that almost none of us would buy their games and, thanks to the viral nature of social media, many other gamers and Star Wars fans would be reluctant to support their products.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Can you explain what it has to do with them?
    I understand they now own the IP. But since all the IP related assets are stored on disks we already own, then I understood that it was OK for us to use it.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Even if we are legally in the right, ****** has the money to drown us in bogus lawsuits. Sadly, it's a fairly common practice for large corporations to just financially destroy smaller projects even if said projects aren't doing anything wrong.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information