+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: SWGEmu half-year financial report (second half of 2013)

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Let's just hope that ****** will just be concerned with the movie and merchandising rights. I read on Steam recently that when ****** shut down LucasArts that some one who was part of the Jedi Knight series released the source code for two of those games, apparently without repercussions. Let's hope they dismiss this as something that is irrelevant, and let us continue to play.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    you know this could be boosted if you accepted bitcoins

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by chaseshaw View Post
    We will, as soon as Paypal starts accepting them.

Dedicated
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by chaseshaw View Post
    just sell your bitcoins and donate the proceeds lol
    Gluedo : Chef HQ food + Drinks @ West Eisley Mall 2205 -4580

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Accepting Bitcoin donations is easy, all you need is an address and wallet to receive the money, plenty of websites just post an address on their main website or you could do it in the forum, copyright lawyers don't play nice, so it's a good idea to put in some failsafe's just in case, you can also avoid a lot of paypal nastiness if everything goes to hell and they try to shut you down and I suspect they will.

I looked at this website after quite a few years and I'm amazed at the amount of progress the devs have made, one thing that springs to mind though is where is the source code? I haven't had the chance to have a proper look for it but one way to prevent this whole project from falling apart if legal issues bring it down is to just post up your code online and making it open source.

Bitcoin addresses look like this and you can send Bitcoins to them through the wallet: 1DFNvBCX2XBE3KaJsKjyWLLPDD5MuxxRiX

Edit: I just got told about the SWG emu code being on repository or something? Anyway keep up the good work
    Last edited by Lethn; 02-19-2014 at 08:59 PM.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by makute View Post
    Excuse me if I'm asking something well known but, was that some tacit agreement based on a handshake? Or there is some physical evidence that we can bring to a court if needed?
    I think this is a very important question that will be the deciding factor in weather or not there even is an agreement to honor with ******. If the answer is no it could be a very bad situation we're in.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by bobofwestoregonusa View Post
    I think this is a very important question that will be the deciding factor in weather or not there even is an agreement to honor with ******. If the answer is no it could be a very bad situation we're in.
    Whole conversation was recorded.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    This might sound a bit stupid. Bit it's early in the morning and I'm knackered so let me off....

How do I donate?

SWGEmu Retired Community Relations bigevil's Avatar
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Front of forums at top there is a donate button under the donation progress bar.

https://www.swgemu.com/forums/forum.php
    Retired Community Relations

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    Is what I am doing in the game wrong? How do I know? If in doubt, contact Staff.

SWGEmu Guides and Helpful Links / complaint@swgemu.com for violations or complaints / LIVE Support

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I played SWG back in beta, then US release, then onto EU when that got released 6 month later - I loved the game and even though I've played mmo's for 15years+ I've never had that same feeling that I had with SWG. Then SOE did what they did best, screw it all up and destroy what was, in my opinion the best game ever made! But no their only aim was money, which meant they had to try and make it more and more like a WoW clone which eventually had the exact opposite outcome and the true "SWG community" as I like to call it, left the game, myself included and all my friends etc.

Long story short, I'm 28 now and I just recently found out about this beauty that SWGemu is! I can't say enough what a great job you guys have done and I hope it will continue for a long long time, cause I've been missing that feeling for many years, and finally it's back! Thanks a lot guys, I'm still very new around here but I will without a doubt from now on do a monthly donation to help the project. Which I think everyone should do.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    NOTE: K&H Bank is our Hungarian bank account from which we pay NPO fees, accounting and lawyer fees.
    Sorry if this question has been asked before, but am I getting this right?
    You guys have to PAY to be a NON PROFIT organisation?

SWGEmu Retired Community Relations bigevil's Avatar
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by efdebe View Post
    Sorry if this question has been asked before, but am I getting this right?
    You guys have to PAY to be a NON PROFIT organisation?
    LOL. Yes, non-profit does not mean no cost. We got lots of those.
    Retired Community Relations

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    Is what I am doing in the game wrong? How do I know? If in doubt, contact Staff.

SWGEmu Guides and Helpful Links / complaint@swgemu.com for violations or complaints / LIVE Support

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Monthly donation sent

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
    We will, as soon as Paypal starts accepting them.
    Paypal accepting bitcoins will never happen. If you sign up for a coinbase merchant account they convert the BTC to USD immediately so that you're not at any risk of the price fluctuating; their fees are a whopping 1%. I'll start the donation rally and pledge $150 for a Bitcoin donation button.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Just curious, what deal do you have with SOE? ****** owns the IP correct?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information