SWGEmu Admin
    Play Stats
    Inactive

Basilisk Fishing Tournament

Basilisk Fishing Tournament

2/16-2/23/14
    SWGEmu Event Staff

Rules:
    • The player checking in with the largest fish will be the first place winner.
    • The fish can not be filleted.
    • When registering your fish at the end you must also present your pole purchased from "Fishing Hut".
    • Keep the 2 largest fish you caught in case of a tie breaker.
    • You will automatically be entered once you purchase a fishing pole from the vendor in the "Fishing Hut" (-3660, 5892) or Theed Bazaar both located on Naboo. Poles will be named "Fishing Pole 99% Tour Edition" and will have a serial number of "c5sznjur".
    • Participants must register their catches from 8am PST- 4pm PST on Sunday February 23rd at the "Fishing Hut" (-3660, 5892) Naboo.
    • Everyone is welcome to join and you may use whatever fishing pole you like but you must have purchased the "Fishing Pole 99% Tour Edition" for your entry to be valid.
    • If we have enough participants there will be a second and third place winner.
    Contributions:
    Contributions in the form of prizes or credits to the winner are gratefully accepted. Prizes for winners may be offered to the vendor "Poles and Bait" located inside the "Fishing Hut". If you donate please make it worth the winners' time and effort. We are accepting prizes such as House Deeds, Heavy Harvesters, Swoops, "Uber" Armor and Weapons. We will not accept anything that you would otherwise give to a junk dealer or destroy. If you wish to donate credits please contact Akeel/Deedia in game.

Prizes:
    • First Place winner will receive an automatic 500k credit reward.
    • Second and Third place winners will be determined by the number of participants.
    Last edited by Vlada; 02-11-2014 at 09:09 PM.

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    niffer@swgemu.com / Discord: Niffer#1797/ Discord
    Submit a ticket

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    I actually wanna give this a go :P

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Hi Everyone and Welcome to the Fishing Tournament.
    If you have any questions or input, you can put it on this forum or contact
    me in game. My in game name is Akeel, or my partner Deedia. The 'Fishing Hut' and
    vendor 'Poles and Bait' are located on Naboo, 2009 meters from Theed Starport or 391 meters
    from the town of Heliopolis which has shuttle service.
    The “Fishing Pole 99% Tour Edition” will go on sale Feb 16th at 0900 PST at the
    Theed Bazaar as well as the Fishing hut.
    All proceeds from the sale of the poles will go towards prize credits.
    Join us and let's have some fun. You may fish on any planet.
    Akeel
    Last edited by Wolf713; 02-13-2014 at 01:03 AM.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Hello all you fisherman out there. The final results are in:

The first place winner is: IGNEEL
    First Entry: Striped Fish at 3.22m Second Entry tie breaker: Striped Fish at 3.21m

The second place winner is: TAYLANN
    First Entry: Striped Fish at 3.22m Second Entry tie breaker: Striped Fish at 3.20m

The third place winner is: HARKOR
    First Entry: Striped Fish at 2.30m Second Entry tie breaker: Striped Fish at 2.26m

Here is the prize breakdown:
    Original prize Credits: 500K
    Qrory Contribution 1.0 Mil
    Plesalka Contribution 500K
    Sajun Davah Contribution 200k
    Sales from Fishing Poles 115K
    Total: 2.315.00

1st Place Prize: 1MIL Credits, Blue Rug, Freedom, Droid in Contrast

2nd Place Prize: 789K Credits, Orange Rug, Double Helix, No Division

3rd Place Prize: 526K Credits, Cargo Blueprint, Coronet Skyscraper

The prize credits will be bank transferred. The paintings and Rugs will be available
    at the Fishing Hut at wp: -3660 5892 on Naboo. Please pick them up from Akeel or Deedia.
    Send a tell so we can meet.

All I can say is that this has been lots of fun, it was great to meet the participants and
    thanks to those who joined us and contributed. Thank you Deedia for all your help.

Continue to have fun in game

Akeel
    Last edited by Wolf713; 02-23-2014 at 11:42 PM.

Play Stats
    Inactive

Talking

Sounds like fun. Does it matter where the fish are caught? I'm just wondering what planets have the largest fish :<)

Play Stats
    Inactive
    im all about winning...im going to get a fishing pole,some mind and health buffs, put my composite armor on and go fishing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QS0q3mGPGg

see you there

Play Stats
    Inactive
    oh the agony.................

Play Stats
    Inactive

Fishing Questions!

I never fished back on live so this is new and fun to me. Questions though. My chum bait has a quantity of 1 - 7 or so and when you drag it to the rod, the whole thing disappears. Is that a bug or should only 1 quantity so on the rod and not the whole thing. I didn't see a way to split the chum into single quantities. Largest fish I got so far was a medium 1.07 size.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Topgun_68 View Post
    I never fished back on live so this is new and fun to me. Questions though. My chum bait has a quantity of 1 - 7 or so and when you drag it to the rod, the whole thing disappears. Is that a bug or should only 1 quantity so on the rod and not the whole thing. I didn't see a way to split the chum into single quantities. Largest fish I got so far was a medium 1.07 size.
    That is a bug it will only show the 1 even though you loaded more but the usage is correct. You will be able to keep fishing until all baits in the jar are used up.
    The way to check that is to count how many times you have to re-bait. It should equal the amount of baits that were in the jar.

Glad you are showing an interest and good luck

Akeel

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Sounds like fun. Does it matter where the fish are caught? I'm just wondering what planets have the largest fish :<)
    You can fish anywhere, any planet!

Good Luck hauling in the big one

Akeel

Play Stats
    Inactive
    You can also check by looking inside the rod. The fishing rod opens up just like a backpack or container (use the radial menu and select "open"). Once you've opened the fishing rod, you should see the correct amount of bait. This is particularly useful if you're starting to fish, but can't remember how much bait is left on your pole.
    Taylann Drogh - MRifleman & MRanger
    Ophur Mep - Swordsman & Ranger-in-training
    Jaeron Varoon - Armorsmith-in-training

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Thanks for info. I did see the correct amount in the rod, but it just didn't seem like it last as long as when you put them in one at a time because it obvious never prompts you for it once its saved in the rod. I have to check again but I don't ever remember it being lost and replaced when its in the rod. I'm not finding many big fish out here. What's the largest everyone found so far?? Just wanna know if I'm even close to it. Mine is 1.11m I believe.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Thanks for info. I did see the correct amount in the rod, but it just didn't seem like it last as long as when you put them in one at a time because it obvious never prompts you for it once its saved in the rod. I have to check again but I don't ever remember it being lost and replaced when its in the rod. I'm not finding many big fish out here. What's the largest everyone found so far?? Just wanna know if I'm even close to it. Mine is 1.11m I believe.
    I caught a 1.61m Striped Fish some time ago it's hanging in the Fishing Hut. The size seems to be completely random. I would say any fish above a meter in length has a chance to win. There may be larger ones out there, I don't know.
    Anyway
    Have fun and good luck
    Akeelo

Play Stats
    Inactive
    The instructions say to keep 2 fish, in case of a tie-breaker. Should we register both fish tomorrow?

Also, are we simply offering our fish to the vendor? Do you need an e-mail from us once we've registered the fish?
    Taylann Drogh - MRifleman & MRanger
    Ophur Mep - Swordsman & Ranger-in-training
    Jaeron Varoon - Armorsmith-in-training

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
    The instructions say to keep 2 fish, in case of a tie-breaker. Should we register both fish tomorrow?

Also, are we simply offering our fish to the vendor? Do you need an e-mail from us once we've registered the fish?
    Good question, yes we will register the two largest fish you caught. Deedia and I will be available at the 'FISHING HUT' or online throughout the day
    but definitely between 3:00PM and 4:00 PM, the last hour of registration. If we are not at the Fishing Hut but online send a tell. I have a list of all participants
    and we will ask you to put the two fish and the qualifying fishing pole into a trade window from which we will record the results. Remember that the fish CAN NOT
    be filleted.

See you tomorrow

Akeelo

Thread Information