Play Stats
    Inactive

House Decorating Event 12/20-31/13

House Decorating Event

12/20-31/13
    The SWGEmu Events Team

Time to see who the Best Decorator is!

On December 20th at 12am MST -5110, -1718 Tatooine
    Samantha' or Maya' will be handing out house deeds for all who wish to participate
    Check local time here: Time Zone

There will be a guild hall set up with vendors inside to purchase the Decorations you need.
    Judges have already been pre-selected

Prizes are as follows:
    1st Place winner will receive the: Galactic Home Winner Badge
    1st Place- Full Composite Suit 80% Kin 52% Electricity and 50k Credits
    2nd Place- 25k Credits and 10k Steel
    3rd Place- 10k Credits and 5k Fiberplast

Rules:
    1) You may bring your own decorations or there will be vendors set up to purchase them from.
    2) Your house must be placed within the event coordinates location.
    3) Your house must have your name on it so we know who it belongs to.
    4) You will have 10 days to decorate the house.
    5) Anyone not at the location to receive their deed can purchase it the next day from a vendor.

For information please send all question to: Samantha' or Maya' (in-game)
    Leave a mail or send a tell and they will get it answered back.
    Last edited by Niffer1976; 12-15-2013 at 09:45 PM.

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    niffer@swgemu.com / Discord: Niffer#1797/ Discord
    Submit a ticket

Play Stats
    Inactive
    This should be a fun event, looking forward to it!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I have really been looking forward to this event.
    Sadly I dont have time to play at the moment, hope this goes well!
    CO-Founder of the QA-Pirates.
    Determined Nova Decorator.

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by popalacka View Post
    I have really been looking forward to this event.
    Sadly I dont have time to play at the moment, hope this goes well!
    I have been makeing Deeds all day I hope this Goes well

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Sounds like a great event!
    Last edited by CloudVinci; 12-16-2013 at 02:38 AM.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Ohhh hellls yesss!
    Odaera Aelythien / Harkor Andovai / Raquiss Vega / Tiralaan Nea / Leonides Rowe

Retired SWGEmu Staff Mistress Aerea's Avatar
    Play Stats
    Inactive

When is this officially starting?

A few system messages went out yesterday indicating it started at midnight PST. A few people were hanging out around the WP, but no organizers were there. I've been popping in and out ever since, but haven't seen anyone organizing things. Some houses have popped up, but I'm not sure where I can place one or what size/style are appropriate.

Thanks!
    Guild Matriarch
    Flourish <FLO>

Soon™

SWGEmu Admin
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistress Aerea View Post
    When is this officially starting?

A few system messages went out yesterday indicating it started at midnight PST. A few people were hanging out around the WP, but no organizers were there. I've been popping in and out ever since, but haven't seen anyone organizing things. Some houses have popped up, but I'm not sure where I can place one or what size/style are appropriate.

Thanks!
    Samantha' or Maya' will be handing out house deeds for all who wish to participate.
    The Event is from December 20th-31st. Grab your deed and decorate until then.
    Judging will be done on the 31st and the Winner will be announced on January 1st.

Best thing I can tell you is send a mail and they will get back to you.

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    niffer@swgemu.com / Discord: Niffer#1797/ Discord
    Submit a ticket

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    You can bring your own deed or Deeds and Decorations that you want just make the house have your name and put it on Public and begin their is no Size requirement do what you want buddy -Samantha' , -Maya'

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Do I have the right waypoint? 4253 meters from Bestine and no shuttle?

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Mmmmmhmmmm

Play Stats
    Inactive

Is event still on?

Hello this is Darsheera Bondara. I waited at appropriate time for event coordinator with others to get deed but no one showed up. The following day I dropped a large Tat house next to mall selling deco and furniture. I noticed only 4-5 houses setup for contest so I'm not sure if contest is still on or was cancelled due to lack of interest. I have not done much in house as yet and wanted to make sure before I stayed up all night tonight to decorate. I would hate to spend 10+ hours decorating for there not to be a contest.

It's a great idea but might be better to try again with more notice and a better starting time. Also the title is really only thing worth trying for other prizes are not such a big deal. But I would love to have that title!

Thanks again for all you guys do!

Respectfully,
    Darsheera Bondara<LaFey>

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Well, this could have been a great Event. I remember the Home Shows in the original SWG, still have some original clips.
    So that brings up my two cents worth:
    1.) I would have never agreed to an event so far away, in the middle of no-where without transportation.
    2.) Outside of the Event posting, there was no advertising, no announcements, no follow up (just look at this threat).
    3.) I visited the place 3 times, only once was there someone there and all they had were small Tatooine house deeds, so there was no preparation.
    4.) The prizes for the work involved were too small, there was no incentive.

We have enough in game tools to do some cool decorating and I hope this event idea does not become a back burner issue.

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf713 View Post
    Well, this could have been a great Event. I remember the Home Shows in the original SWG, still have some original clips.
    So that brings up my two cents worth:
    1.) I would have never agreed to an event so far away, in the middle of no-where without transportation.
    2.) Outside of the Event posting, there was no advertising, no announcements, no follow up (just look at this threat).
    3.) I visited the place 3 times, only once was there someone there and all they had were small Tatooine house deeds, so there was no preparation.
    4.) The prizes for the work involved were too small, there was no incentive.

We have enough in game tools to do some cool decorating and I hope this event idea does not become a back burner issue.

Speaking of that im sorry that i wasn't their 24/7 i wouldhave been but you guys could have MSG'd me on my other characters i am sorry for the Inconvenience yes the event is still going on i am thinking abought doing this again but on nova TC where it would be esayer and i could set up a mode of Transportation, also we could setup possibly a frog i am sorry we couldnt put a mode of Transportation and i Couldn't rellay do mutch for the rewards because im not no big shot but i have been saveing a couple million to give out for the next event i also had disscussed with Niffer the Shuttle but it could not be allowed so possibly next time i do an event it will be like this

> Location {-0000 , -000}
    All Rewards Will be given on Basilisk not Nova
    >1st

> 2 million Credits / [Glactic Home Designer]

> 2nd

> 1 million Credits

>3rd 500k Credits

It will possibly go something like that i hope you will continue your daily routine in this game

-Sincerley Maya' , ChocolateSwirl , Matias' , Wendy' , Darkussyni' , Darkkussyni

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkussyni View Post
    Speaking of that im sorry that i wasn't their 24/7 i wouldhave been but you guys could have MSG'd me on my other characters i am sorry for the Inconvenience yes the event is still going on i am thinking abought doing this again but on nova TC where it would be esayer and i could set up a mode of Transportation, also we could setup possibly a frog i am sorry we couldnt put a mode of Transportation and i Couldn't rellay do mutch for the rewards because im not no big shot but i have been saveing a couple million to give out for the next event i also had disscussed with Niffer the Shuttle but it could not be allowed so possibly next time i do an event it will be like this
    Please do not become bitter due to some minor criticisms. Honestly, this is a wonderful idea and I love that you created it. Follow through on this one, then learn from it and do it again. I would even venture a guess that people would be willing to donate some really nice prizes as well, with enough lead time.

Thread Information