Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: House Decorating Event 12/20-31/13

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Jade_Enigma View Post
    Please do not become bitter due to some minor criticisms. Honestly, this is a wonderful idea and I love that you created it. Follow through on this one, then learn from it and do it again. I would even venture a guess that people would be willing to donate some really nice prizes as well, with enough lead time.
    Thanks for enligtening me , i will look into that and ask my guild if they would like to (Participate / Donate) reward / and or to get rewards for next time I get well over Organised i just hadnt thought that people expected me to come through being their At the moment i try to be online as mutch as I can and I do i get on around 3:30pm CST and people could have [Emailed] me VIA game hehe so thanks

Play Stats
    196h last 30d
    It was a great idea and you did well to get it started.
    If I could suggest a few things to consider for next time? Speaking as someone who loves to decorate.

Having the contest so far from civilisation poses problems for the avid decorator as it means they need to carry everything they need with them out there...then that toon is sort of locked there, or has to travel endlessly, and it is usually the trader toon with vendors, lol.

Prizes are critical when someone is going to spend a day+ decorating a house only to have to destroy/pack it all afterwards. It would be great if an event coordinator could help you there, and give rug/painting deco items that are NOT on Bas right now. That would get the decorating junky juices flowing! A small city would grow in days! Perhaps an event coordinator could also place a shuttle for you? I don't know what the remit is for the swg team, but so long as it doesn't give an unfair advantage to any player, there may not be a problem. This way the event could be done in a week and have more impact as many could travel to look at the houses. Decorators are proud of their ideas and like to show off.

Not criticising at all; just hoping to help you out with suggestions if you wish to do an event again and thank you for even trying this. Any event takes a lot of planning and enthusiasm!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I would have loved to enter this - but only found out about it today so not enough time - will definitely enter any future one however (as love to decorate), also would be happy to donate some prizes/credits for any future events

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Jobus View Post
    I would have loved to enter this - but only found out about it today so not enough time - will definitely enter any future one however (as love to decorate), also would be happy to donate some prizes/credits for any future events
    As yet so do i my friend so i was thinking of makeing a small city Name'd Deco Contest on Nova Test Center, Thus meaning Niffer or who ever coornating and helping out with this event could put a frog their so we don't have to travel back and forth frome Mos Eisley or where ever so I will get that looked into and think of where next Thank you

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Only question with that - would we be able to get hold of all the materials we need to decorate on Nova? - You are probably better off holding it just outside a player city that has a shuttle port (or seeing if the devs will let you put up a temporary SP somewhere for the event.

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Jobus View Post
    Only question with that - would we be able to get hold of all the materials we need to decorate on Nova? - You are probably better off holding it just outside a player city that has a shuttle port (or seeing if the devs will let you put up a temporary SP somewhere for the event.
    Yes the Location is right out side of Bestine So yes close to a spot with Frogs I am gathering Info i need on the next event to make it way better with this feedback

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I've really been enjoying the contest so far, though my idea isn't panning out at all... I'll likely have to scrap it. Doh. >_<

However, I have a suggestion: next round, could the contestants to use the same type of deed/structure? I think it would be really interesting to see what different people do with the same space and item limits. Choosing whatever deed we wanted gave us a lot of freedom, but it will feel like a real competition (with equal footing and a better baseline for judging) if we're all working within the same constraints. I hope you will consider it for next time!

In any case, good luck to everyone - I look forward to seeing all the decorated houses!

(P.S.: What the heck is up with Tatooine mediums having a 200 item limit? Don't medium Naboos have 300? /boggle /frazzle /hair ripping)
    Odaera Aelythien / Harkor Andovai / Raquiss Vega / Tiralaan Nea / Leonides Rowe

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I had a lot of fun decorating for this, but as of last night, most houses of the other contestants were still locked. I only saw one other house decorated and I'm hoping more of those who dropped a house decorated as well. I agree, distance from travel was a big issue and probably the leading cause of why not so many people entered. Samantha', the idea was great and I appreciate the opportunity for this. I participated more for the friendly competition between decorators than for any other reason, though the title would be nice. The prizes were definitely not an incentive for me.

Better organization and planning are a must for an event like this. Professionalism is important as well. I have some things I would like to talk to you about, but going to wait until this event is over to do so. Thank you again for this opportunity.

DO Vendor: /waypoint -6141 3055 FTC Mall (off shuttle, near Theed) - Deeds by JEInd (vendor) IGN: Halle/Jubily

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Have the winners been decided? I checked the houses today and everyone who participated did an excellent job of decorating. Good job! I am glad I am not a judge

Retired SWGEmu Staff Mistress Aerea's Avatar
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by sharrlyn View Post
    Have the winners been decided? I checked the houses today and everyone who participated did an excellent job of decorating. Good job! I am glad I am not a judge
    I'm eagerly awaiting that as well.

Great job everyone!
    Guild Matriarch
    Flourish <FLO>

Soon™

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistress Aerea View Post
    I'm eagerly awaiting that as well.

Great job everyone!
    I am on my way and I am excited i just tryed to look at em last night its just Family got in the way but when i got their they were all locked so I am makeing my way to their and i am hopeing their all Unlocked

SWGEmu Admin
    Play Stats
    Inactive

And The Winner Is!!!

Judging has been completed!

Winners are as follows:

1st Place--Santa's Workshop by Jubily
    2nd Place--Jundland Cafe and Lounge by Aerea
    3rd Place--Model Zabrak Clan Hall by Tiralaan

Winners please contact Maya' for your prizes.

Jubily please contact me (Niffer) as well as you have won the badge,
    "Galactic Home Decorator"

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    niffer@swgemu.com / Discord: Niffer#1797/ Discord
    Submit a ticket

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Congrats to all!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Congratulations!

Let's see the beautiful work already. :-)

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Congrats to the 3 winners
    I missed the event noticed this post to late but i will tip all 3 of the winners an extra 100k each tomorrow when i have time to log my toon on

Thread Information