+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: SWGEmu Launchpad Update - 11/22/13

Play Stats
    Inactive
    When I try to scan my files with "Full Scan" -- I get an error message as "Invalid game folder!" It was working fine for all this time with LPE. What shall I do to fix it?

EDIT: And also; when I try to get the game settings, I get another error message as: "It seems that you dont have the original SWGEmu.exe, FPS overrider will be disabled"

Don't understand! how can it not be original?! - just downloaded it 5 mins ago!! OR what am I missing?
    Last edited by Ozan; 12-22-2013 at 07:49 PM.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    You need to link launcher to your SWGEmu game install, hit Settings > Options, browse to SWGEmu folder (C:\SWGEmu by default).
    Weedie
    Retired SWGEmu Staff

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source project.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by weedie View Post
    You need to link launcher to your SWGEmu game install, hit Settings > Options, browse to SWGEmu folder (C:\SWGEmu by default).
    ok got it thanks alot

Play Stats
    Inactive
    why replace something that was working just fine!!!!!!

Retired Lead Developer
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionYoto View Post
    Is it working now?

We dont control LPE, when it stops working (like right now) we cant fix it, we cant do anything.

theanswer@swgemu.com | www.swgemu.com
    SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    SWGEmu FAQ | Install SWGEmu | Report Bugs

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionYoto View Post
    It was not working just fine, it was a support nightmare. Our how to fix SWGEmu client guide went from 55 know issues to just 26 and only like one or two of those is new launchpad related.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    i didn't mean to come across as rude or anything its just i'm really not good with comps and struggling even with the guide

Play Stats
    96h last 30d
    The old one wasn't working again for me yesterday when tried early in the day. Not sure now.

I didn't know you guys/gals couldn't support the old one at all and thought this was a "choice" to change it so I apologize....

As someone not great with computers, I was frustrated and thoroughly confused with the instructions on Setting -> options step. I thought you all meant something in a folder somewhere and it isn't really clear that it's just on the upper left drop-down so adding a picture showing that may help a ton to other people. I ended up doing that and it works fine now!

Cliffyland Food & Drink Emporium Theed -5459,2971

Play Stats
    Inactive
    A few of my guildies and I are experiencing a common issue with the new Launchpad. Under Settings -> Options, we have the SWGEmu Folder set to "C:/SWGEmu" (which seems odd that it wants a forward slash instead of a backslash, as is more Windows-y), but the launchpad immediately throws the error, "Basic checks failed."

I've tried changing this setting to several other candidate locations, all of which yield the same result.

Launchpad is version 0.21 running on Windows 7 x64 SP1 with 6 GB RAM, Intel i7-920 processor. Happy to provide any other environment information you may require.

Thanks in advance.
    Templari - Pinnacle Mining

Pinnacle Metals and Ore -
    784 -3808 NCM

Play Stats
    Inactive
    ...in reply to my own post above, I went ahead and clicked "Full scan" despite the error. It ran an apparent check pass, and now it's launching the game fine.

Perhaps the original instructions need to be updated to include a Full scan after the Launchpad is running?

My issue appears resolved. Documenting here for future reference.

Thanks all.

Edit -- perhaps this is only necessary when converting from LPE? Unsure
    Last edited by templari; 12-28-2013 at 03:58 PM.
    Templari - Pinnacle Mining

Pinnacle Metals and Ore -
    784 -3808 NCM

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAnswer View Post
    So I've been running SWGemu using OSX and Crossover 13. I opened the launcher today and it said "connection closed", and that's what actually brought me to this thread.

I just downloaded that package above^ and tried to install it, but not do a full scan and it didn't work. It says it can't find wine to play it. I never knew about that wine bottle, as I was just directed to the other ones found in the forum search. I haven't even been playing 2 weeks yet.

Also, I can still play the game through crossover, but I don't know what problems that might cause since it's not updated.

Can anyone help me out? Is there a guide for the Mac launchpad i just downloaded? I can try to be more coherent because I feel like i'm all over the place. Thanks in advance

Retired Lead Developer
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinchaz View Post
    So I've been running SWGemu using OSX and Crossover 13. I opened the launcher today and it said "connection closed", and that's what actually brought me to this thread.

I just downloaded that package above^ and tried to install it, but not do a full scan and it didn't work. It says it can't find wine to play it. I never knew about that wine bottle, as I was just directed to the other ones found in the forum search. I haven't even been playing 2 weeks yet.

Also, I can still play the game through crossover, but I don't know what problems that might cause since it's not updated.

Can anyone help me out? Is there a guide for the Mac launchpad i just downloaded? I can try to be more coherent because I feel like i'm all over the place. Thanks in advance
    Check in the Settings->Options and set the current folder of swgemu.

"wine" is the software CrossOver is based on. If you go into settings there are options you need to set to make it work, though you need some knowledge about command line options for that. Otherwise just use the launcher only if you have issues playing to run full scan, it updates/fixes the files. Then you can use any other software to run the client.
    Last edited by TheAnswer; 01-08-2014 at 08:52 AM.

theanswer@swgemu.com | www.swgemu.com
    SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    SWGEmu FAQ | Install SWGEmu | Report Bugs

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Works good, thanks.

[img]http://*******ofwindemere.files.wordpress.com/2013/08/th26.jpg[/img]
    Vendor located at 3956, -5188, near Moenia, Naboo.

Play Stats
    Inactive

Unhappy Can not get past launchpad.

just went to log in clicked LaunchpadEnhanced short cut on desktop as always, window pops up checking for updates. Then updating server info. then it says downloading interface. That brings me to the launchpad. So the launchpad says updating, but its nod doing anything so i click full scan. it does the scan and says PLAY ( i think sweet) click play and it takes me back to that first window "Checking for updates" check options both pointed to swgemu folder. now i dont know what to do. please help. thanks

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Madrick View Post
    just went to log in clicked LaunchpadEnhanced short cut on desktop as always, window pops up checking for updates. Then updating server info. then it says downloading interface. That brings me to the launchpad. So the launchpad says updating, but its nod doing anything so i click full scan. it does the scan and says PLAY ( i think sweet) click play and it takes me back to that first window "Checking for updates" check options both pointed to swgemu folder. now i dont know what to do. please help. thanks
    This thread is dedicated to our new SWGEmu Launchpad. We announced LPE (Launchpad Enhanced) Endo Of Life weeks ago and we no longer offer support for it or for LPE based clients. Please use our new SWGEmu Laucnhpad, you can find the link to our install guide in my sig.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information