+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: SWGEmu Launchpad Update - 11/22/13

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Downloaded it yesterday as soon as I saw the update about it, have no issues thus far, but glad I saw this just incase, thanks Vlada!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Did find one error though not sure if it is related at all to the new launchpad or not... but after it was installed, ran, and I tried to run it a second time just to make sure that debugger was turned off in my settings, I received a message saying "This application has failed to start because MSVP100.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem" Not sure if that means the path to the dll is only temporary and once loaded you have to totally reinstall the launchpad to use it again (which we were told in most cases never use after installed, just the swgemu.exe which btw worked fine) Anyways hopefully helping and not adding to any headaches. lol. thanks again.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by pyrodan View Post
    Did find one error though not sure if it is related at all to the new launchpad or not... but after it was installed, ran, and I tried to run it a second time just to make sure that debugger was turned off in my settings, I received a message saying "This application has failed to start because MSVP100.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem" Not sure if that means the path to the dll is only temporary and once loaded you have to totally reinstall the launchpad to use it again (which we were told in most cases never use after installed, just the swgemu.exe which btw worked fine) Anyways hopefully helping and not adding to any headaches. lol. thanks again.
    That error means there is an issue with Visual C++ 2010 or that its missing. You should reinstall that.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Dang completely missed the New launch pad. Oh well, sorry hope I didn't come across as an A**.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Will do that, dunno how that occurred but i'll get on it. Seem not only to happen with the launchpad restart, but also affects a second instance from the swgemu.exe as well. thanks for the answer! Have a great weekend!

Update: 4:29 Pac:
    Reinstalled the C++ 2010. New dll error dpvs.dll was not found. Tried to start from launchpad, worked fine for two instances. Direct launch from swgemu.exe is the problem for me, ATM. Later will see about restarting computer and reloading it from .exe to see if it resolves itself.
    Last edited by pyrodan; 11-22-2013 at 11:30 PM.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    would we still be able to use the old enhanced launchpad or do we need to DL the new one?

SWGEmu Retired Forum Moderator Ellyssia's Avatar
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Support for the old one will be discontinued in about a month.
    Ellyssia
    Forum Moderator

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    How to report bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker) | Live Support
    Install SWGEmu | Fix SWGEmu | Submit a ticket

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by pyrodan View Post
    Will do that, dunno how that occurred but i'll get on it. Seem not only to happen with the launchpad restart, but also affects a second instance from the swgemu.exe as well. thanks for the answer! Have a great weekend!

Update: 4:29 Pac:
    Reinstalled the C++ 2010. New dll error dpvs.dll was not found. Tried to start from launchpad, worked fine for two instances. Direct launch from swgemu.exe is the problem for me, ATM. Later will see about restarting computer and reloading it from .exe to see if it resolves itself.
    Are you using Trend Micro or Norton by any chance? Those two tend to block and quarantine dpvs.dll.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Nope. (Security essentials from MS) I went to see if it was quarantined, blocked or anything else, nothing there. Never had the issue until yesterday. As long as I use the launchpad to launch the game it works, fine, it's only when I started using the exe did it start doing the .dll garbage. *Scratches chin* I'll look into my folders, see where I'm originating from as far as the executable. Thanks for your help.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Use the new Launchpad

SWGEmu Retired Community Relations bigevil's Avatar
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Yep. Uninstalled the LPE, followed guide and all is well. Smooth. Nice job team!
    Retired Community Relations

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    Is what I am doing in the game wrong? How do I know? If in doubt, contact Staff.

SWGEmu Guides and Helpful Links / complaint@swgemu.com for violations or complaints / LIVE Support

Play Stats
    Inactive
    It didn't start til I started using the new launchpad lol. Unless, I'm mistaken and you're saying "Only use the launchpad to start the game from now on" which from what I saw from other posts was to only use it the first time. (Mistaken possibly, but that is what I have been doing since the problem started lol --- and so far it's the only thing working.) So if that is what you meant, case closed and I am. Thanks Hope you all have a great weekend!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Here are your options:

1. You can use the old LPE (not recomened, we will stop offering support for i in a few weeks)
    2. You can use swgemu.exe from the old SWGEmu client installed with LPE (Again since it is an LPE based cleint we will stop offering support for i in a few weeks, so not recomended)
    3. You can use our New SWGEmu Launchpad <--- Recomended
    4. You can use swgemu.exe from the new SWGEmu client installed with our new Launchpad (not recomended)

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I assume the new SMGEMU Client from the new Launchpad breaks all mods? 60 FPS, etc? Any recommendations on using those with the new process?
    MrObvious
    SWG Infinity

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
    I assume the new SMGEMU Client from the new Launchpad breaks all mods? 60 FPS, etc? Any recommendations on using those with the new process?
    Game cleints are almost exactly the same, any mods you used before you should be able to use now.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information